The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

health nerf in upcoming patch

reddog1948
reddog1948
✭✭
I logged into the PTS this AM. My 12K health Argonian Mag Sorc now only has 11K health - about a 10% health nerf. No buffs other than Mundus Stone - apprentice
Now: cp 1037 / attribute 64/0/0
Health: 12,696
Mag: 38,557
Stam: 10,123
Current PTS (2/2/2019)
Health: 11,752
Mag 37,639
Stam: 10,123
This continual Nerfing of player stats (i have been playing since the game went live) in the name of "BALANCE" is just the same game that WOW plays by upping NPC stats faster than player stats -- It just feels worse.
It is a big turn off to me to work and work to maximize a toon, only to have his stats become worth less and less. It makes much more sense to me if a particular build combo
is felt to be weaker - rather than tearing everyone else down, up the weaker toon's stats - rather than rubbing mud in the face of the good guys, make the weaker toons feel better.
Seems to me a customer satisfaction no-brainer that the ESO developers don't seem to grasp.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Racial changes. See patch notes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial changes. See patch notes.

Yep ... at least the OP checked in before the patch drops in a couple of weeks.

Most players will wait to post their rant threads on racial balancing when they discover it after updating the patch and logging in.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you remember to spend your skill points on pts? Those are reset and the 1k flat bonus would likely give you more health given how low it is, and since your magicka went down by about the same amount I imagine thats the case.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reddog1948 wrote: »
    It is a big turn off to me to work and work to maximize a toon, only to have his stats become worth less and less. It makes much more sense to me if a particular build combo

It's a big turn on to me. If such a thing could give me an actual ***, reading about these changes would have shattered my keyboard.

Generally speaking, I despise games where race matters. I like to pick my race based on looks and lore. Doing that and then being gimped us a big turn off.

These changes don't go far enough IMO but are a step in the right direction.

Though the devs could have pleased both types of players by going a different way - keeping those same passive bonuses but unhooking them from race, eg. reverting back to the idea of players being born under a constellation and having permanent bonuses associated with that.