The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Healing Formula?

Vizirith
Vizirith
✭✭✭✭
What is the breakdown formula determining how much you heal for? Or at least a breakdown of stat weights involving max mag vs sp dmg vs healing done.

Also a clarification on the difference between healing taken and healing received would be appreciated.

I was unable to find a definitive answer looking at prior posts about the topic.

The background is that I’m making a dk healer for levelling below 50 and want to know if naga shaman outweighs kagrenacs. As id be using frag shield using it would give me a bunch of healing buffs all lasting around the same time. Basically how much spell damage is worth 8% healing done.

Thanks in advance.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naga shaman is junk. Use krags.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?filter=mine

Here you go. Use this site for caluclations.
    Naga shaman is junk. Use krags.

There's another set that goes nicely with krags and gives ultimate after rezzing. 😫😱 It's actually a set I don't have!
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    What is the breakdown formula determining how much you heal for? Or at least a breakdown of stat weights involving max mag vs sp dmg vs healing done.

Also a clarification on the difference between healing taken and healing received would be appreciated.

I was unable to find a definitive answer looking at prior posts about the topic.

The background is that I’m making a dk healer for levelling below 50 and want to know if naga shaman outweighs kagrenacs. As id be using frag shield using it would give me a bunch of healing buffs all lasting around the same time. Basically how much spell damage is worth 8% healing done.

Thanks in advance.

Most % healing sources are multiplicative with each other. E.g. healing done is additive with all other healing done, but sum of this is multiplicative with let's say Sanctuary buff. And so on...

How much spell damage is worth 8% healing done? It depends on how much spell damage and magicka you already have.
    Formula for spell damage is:
    (SD gain*(sum of % SD buffs)*10,5)/(max magicka + max spell damage*(sum of SD buffs)*10,5)
    Formula for magicka is:
    (Magicka gain*(sum of magicka % buffs))/(max magicka + max spell damage*(sum of SD buffs)*10,5)

*Edited typo
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 3, 2019 2:59PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance.

Most % healing sources are multiplicative with each other. E.g. healing done is additive with all other healing done, but sum of this is multiplicative with let's say Powered trait. And so on...

How much spell damage is worth 8% healing done? It depends on how much spell damage and magicka you already have.
    (SD gain*(sum of % SD buffs)*10,5)/(max magicka + max spell damage*(sum of SD buffs)*10,5)
    Formula for magicka is:
    (Magicka gain*(sum of magicka % buffs))/(max magicka + max spell damage*(sum of SD buffs)*10,5)

this is wrong, all sources are additive. the formula looks like this-

HealingDone = Item.HealingDone + Set.HealingDone + Skill.HealingDone + CP.HealingDone + Buff.HealingDone + Mundus.HealingDone

again, naga shaman is junk. dont level as a healer, level as a dps, IE use damage sets like julianos and such and then when you get to max level respec to a healer.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2019 2:20PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    increasing your max magicka by 13.4% or increasing your spelldmg by 20% is as good as 8% increased healing.
    most heals scale with 0.4 by spelldamage and 0.6 by max magicka.
    Edited by eso_nya on February 3, 2019 2:25PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    increasing your max magicka by 13.4% is as good as 8% increased healing.
    most heals scale with 0.4 by spelldamage and 0.6 by max magicka.

here is the skill coefficient for every heal a dragonknight has--

Cauterize
    0.07565 Magicka + 0.79530 SpellDamage + 0.04181
    Magicka, R2 = 1.00000, Ratio = 10.51

Obsidian Shard

0.13946 Magicka + 1.46381 SpellDamage - 0.9984
    Magicka, R2 = 1.00000, Ratio = 10.50

Cinder Storm

0.02625 Magicka + 0.27522 SpellDamage - 0.67487
    Magicka, R2 = 1.00000, Ratio = 10.48

not sure how this information will help a sub level 50 healer, the op ought to be focusing on just leveling, everything before cp160 is just for fun.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks in advance.

Most % healing sources are multiplicative with each other. E.g. healing done is additive with all other healing done, but sum of this is multiplicative with let's say Powered trait. And so on...

Formula for magicka is:

HealingDone = Item.HealingDone + Set.HealingDone + Skill.HealingDone + CP.HealingDone + Buff.HealingDone + Mundus.HealingDone

again, naga shaman is junk. dont level as a healer, level as a dps, IE use damage sets like julianos and such and then when you get to max level respec to a healer.

The formula is actually: (sum of % healing done + ritual)*(sum of % healing taken)*(sum of % healing received)

% healing buffs with different wording are multiplicative with each other. The only exception is Ritual mundus which says "healing efectivness" but it's additive with healing done.

If you want to test it, just put on sanctuary (which is healing received).
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 3, 2019 3:01PM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I should probably have mentioned this was for pvp in kyne. My argument for naga shamans was that the minor vitality and healing taken would be more useful than for a pve healer. I’m also purely healer with no damage abilities ergo increasing dmg isn’t necessary.

I aught to just test it myself instead of being lazy.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance.

Formula for magicka is:

The formula is actually: (sum of % healing done + ritual)*(sum of % healing taken)*(sum of % healing received)

% healing buffs with different wording are multiplicative with each other. The only exception is Ritual mundus which says "healing efectivness" but it's additive with healing done.

If you want to test it, just put on sanctuary (which is healing received).

you are correct. i was misremembering, thank you.
    The base healing formula for a healer using a variety of sources of Healing Done and Healing Taken and Healing Received is

69109706acc839c7d3607a15a8231fae.png

The Tooltip value is increased by Restoration Master, Soul Siphoner, Major Mending and the Ritual Mundus. These add additively. Healing Done was tested with Blessed. Healing Taken was tested with Tormentor and Leeching sets. Healing Received was tested to be additive with Quick Recovery [Champion Point], Rapid Mending [Heavy Armour Passive], Minor Vitality [Swallow Soul & Coagulating Blood], Burning Heart [Draconic Power Passive] and Quick to Mend [Argonian Passive].

Example

e4104f1c6d9475db3adac9c4801212af.png

A C160 Argonian cast Healing Springs. This character has 12% Healing Taken from the Tormentor and Leeching Sets and has 100 points in Blessed (25% Healing Done) and 100 points in Quick Recovery (16% Healing Received). In addition, this character is wearing 7 Heavy armour pieces (7% Healing Received), has the Minor Vitality buff, has a Draconic Power ability active and has 3 points in the Quick to Mend passive. This tooltip value includes the bonuses from Restoration Master, Major Mending and the Ritual Mundus.

The recorded in-game healing is 3264.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2019 4:22PM