The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc Cooldowns?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
I've never really tested it but does anyone know when the cooldown on a set starts? Is it when the effect/buff ends or does it start right after it procs? For example Daedric Trickery. The major buff it gives last 10 seconds. The cooldown is 20 seconds. So is it 20 seconds from when the major buff it gives ends or does the cooldown start when it proc's and its more or less a 10 second cooldown?
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the set.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    I've never really tested it but does anyone know when the cooldown on a set starts? Is it when the effect/buff ends or does it start right after it procs? For example Daedric Trickery. The major buff it gives last 10 seconds. The cooldown is 20 seconds. So is it 20 seconds from when the major buff it gives ends or does the cooldown start when it proc's and its more or less a 10 second cooldown?

The cooldown starts right after the proc. So if it procs for 6 seconds, and it has a 6 second cooldown, you could theoretically have 100% uptime with infinite amounts of luck.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

The cooldown starts right after the proc. So if it procs for 6 seconds, and it has a 6 second cooldown, you could theoretically have 100% uptime with infinite amounts of luck.

Thats what I was wondering.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea some people that tested this set confirmed the cooldown starts as soon as the proc hits. It was stealth changed and can now be operated on the backbar using weapons, in case anyone was wondering.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it the set proc dont have a cooldown stated in its description, does it actually have no cooldown.
    There are set that says "your light attack heals for said amount" and has no time or percentile factors.
    Does this mean every light attack heals you?
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it the set proc dont have a cooldown stated in its description, does it actually have no cooldown.
    There are set that says "your light attack heals for said amount" and has no time or percentile factors.
    Does this mean every light attack heals you?

Either yea it doesnt have a cooldown or its like a 1 second cooldown