The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console UI for PC M/kb

exeeter702
exeeter702
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So having recently abandoned 900 cp, 11 fully leveled characters and moderate wealth to return to my old PC account, I didnt realize how much i preferred the console UI over the PC ui. But let me explain..

I am specifically talking about the UI elements while playing - the hotbars, font size, resource bars and layout. I find them FAR more clean than the default PC counterparts. Now im fully aware of gamepad mode but that is frankly inadequate for a handful of reasons, when using M/KB. I am wondering if anyone who is mod savvy can shed some light on how difficult it would be to create a mod for this.

Now just to be clear

Azurah addon - Not what im looking for. All this does is allow you to rescale the pc ui and rearrange the various UI elements. It is impossible to use this addon to get the PC ui to match the clarity of the console ui as they use completely different assets.

QuickSlot - When using gamepad mode i realized that due to how its coded, you cant use the mouse to cycle through the wheel as you can with the PC ui. Greyminds quickslot bar is not an option.

Other Ui elements - The entirety of the pc ui outside of this is fine. Inventory, character sheet, etc etc is all perfectly fine. I just want the console hot bar which has superior ability bar icons and ultimate display, superior resource bar visuals, party frames and compass as well as better font and text.

Would it be complicated to make an addon for such a simple swap out?

dXcPbOz.jpg
vu1yucw.png
Ej7eNKi.jpg
iArmmSB.jpg
Edited by exeeter702 on January 31, 2019 6:21PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double post.

Edited by exeeter702 on January 31, 2019 6:02PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem as you, and found out DarkUI to be a much cleaner version on the default UI. When it comes to things like text size, I'm not sure though.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |