The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sunderflame 1h drops?

Kel
Kel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been farming City of Ash since Tuesday, (it is now thursday) and have yet to see any one hander of any type of Sunderflame weapon to drop. In fact, the only Sunderflame weapon to drop is The Bow of the Deadlands.
I have farmed with guildies, and when I started feeling bad for taking up all thier time, I've farmed solo. Going on 4 days, and no one, either myself or any of my party, has seen a drop...from chests or the boss.

In this time, I and my guild have had 7 BSW inferno staffs drop.

I understand RNG is a thing, but something seems broken here. I'm talking about farming from 7 a.m. to 8 or 9 p.m. for 4 days...no drops.
Do these things even exsist, or is there some bug with the loot table?

Signed,
Frustrated af in City of Ash
  • Soundles1990
    Soundles1990
    ✭✭✭
    I can feel your pain. I had about 67 runs last week trying to find a 1h sunderflame weapon. I got so tired that i decided to rush the bosses, ignoring the trash mobs by going invisible with the cloak. My teammates obviosly werent happy about that and vote kicked me. Luckily i rejoined the group with the dungeon finder and managed to deal some damage on the boss who was already at 5%. And finally i got my 1 hand weapon.. a mace.. exactly what i wanted.
    So dont stop trying. You will get your weapon when you dont expect it.
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    I have farmed out and gotten daggers and axes for sunderflame as recent as dragon dragonbones dlc.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h sunderflame is probably one of the rarest drops in the game close to automaton. Also the 1h axe will drop way more often then the daggers.

Plus you're several patches to late its not that viable anymore.
    Edited by Itzmichi on January 31, 2019 5:23PM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a dagger last week so it does drop but that’s my only one in 200+ runs I must have done of CoA 1+2. Never had any BSW drops even in my group either in those runs. RNG sucks!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just can't accept the RNG. It is not broken. You are just getting unlucky.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Some people just can't accept the RNG. It is not broken. You are just getting unlucky.

I'd agree if it was only me. But everyone in my group, too?

As I said, I accept RNG is a thing. Or, did you just choose to ignore that part? This seems beyond necessary. Especially, as someone else said, it's not even that viable anymore.
    Edited by Kel on January 31, 2019 5:35PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a couple of sunderflame one handers which i wasnt intentionally farming, but why would you want it anyways the set is almost useless now
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, all you need to do to appease the RNG gods is make a forum post...and lose a bit of sanity, of course....

https://imgur.com/a/MiQSuKf

Training, but I'll take it...I have crystals...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it’s the necklace, it just won’t drop for some reason. Not for me or any group I’m in.... assuming they ain’t telling porkie pies. I think I may just wait for it to appear in the golden. If I see that dungeon once more I may just puke..... just wanted it for a fun little tank dps hybrid I was making.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 3 weeks 2 hours a night just to get the neck.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious, why are you farming a heavy-attack set?
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

I would assume it's because one heavy attack will give minor fracture and minor breach for 8 seconds. The set is still very useful in non-optimized group settings and in solo play.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    @Kel The Sunderflame 1hs do drop, and they are not particularly rare in my experience. I have at least one of each type hanging around.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have many Sunder flame 1h but none BSW inferno.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    add Bone Pirate greatsword to the list. Is the level of your character and influence? Should I try my lvl 20 alt?
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I needed 5 items from CoA, The items I wanted were 2x Sunderflame daggers, 2x BSW swords and 1x BSW inferno.. I have 2 magblades so rotated them in and out on vet stealth farming the chests... by the time I had finished getting the items (last to drop was the 2nd sunderflame dagger) I had 2 bsw swords, 2 sunderflame daggers and 6 bsw infernos.... and they say infernos have a crappy drop rate...

Oh... and I never saw a sunderflame axe
    Edited by supaskrub on January 31, 2019 8:48PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would assume it's because one heavy attack will give minor fracture and minor breach for 8 seconds. The set is still very useful in non-optimized group settings and in solo play.

Fair enough. Although you can get the same effects from potions or spells like Flames of Oblivion. Or run something like Toothrow if that's what your looking for.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fair enough. Although you can get the same effects from potions or spells like Flames of Oblivion. Or run something like Toothrow if that's what your looking for.

The only other ways to get minor breach and fracture would be power of the light (optimal on a stamplar), or alchemical poisons. Minor fracture could be from focused aim or the hand of mephala set. Toothrow and FoO give the major savagery buff which is completely different.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

The only other ways to get minor breach and fracture would be power of the light (optimal on a stamplar), or alchemical poisons. Minor fracture could be from focused aim or the hand of mephala set. Toothrow and FoO give the major savagery buff which is completely different.

That's right. I confused the two. Thanks
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chest farm

I had a crap ton of 1h sunderflame while I was farming bsw a long time ago
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your grinding RNG pain brotha! It's very real.

However... 2 days!!!?!? :D I've farmed CoA1 for BSW Infero for years & still haven't got one of ANY trait. I have the add-on that shows treasure chest & check every chest that spawns. I had so many Embershield & Sunderflame weapons of all types... still no BSW weapons other than resto staffs & !@#@!# bows !
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »

However... 2 days!!!?!? :D I've farmed CoA1 for BSW Infero for years & still haven't got one of ANY trait. I have the add-on that shows treasure chest & check every chest that spawns. I had so many Embershield & Sunderflame weapons of all types... still no BSW weapons other than resto staffs & !@#@!# bows !

Ha..we should group up.
    Then, I can give you these staffs, because they drop like candy for me...and you could give me a damn Sunderflame 1h...lol
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    dem0n1k wrote: »

Ha..we should group up.
    Then, I can give you these staffs, because they drop like candy for me...and you could give me a damn Sunderflame 1h...lol

Definitely! We just need someone that also wants Embershield so the 'RNG' doesn't just drop it to troll us! :D

If your on PC NA... add me @dem0n1k
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.