The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Nascent Indrik

cookiejar21732
cookiejar21732
Soul Shriven
Will there be another chance to get this mount in the future? I've unfortunately missed it. But I absolutely love the mount.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. We'll be having something like 16 events in 2019, each of which can yield plenty of award tickets. The anniversary event will go for 5 weeks and generate 2 tickets per day. During these events you can buy more feathers to get the mount, and there will be 4 different evolution morphs for the mount this year. There will be enough tickets to collect them all if you play frequently and participate in the events.
    Options
  • cookiejar21732
    cookiejar21732
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, that's a relief! As a Bosmer / Woof Elf, this mount can't be missed from my collection! :D
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be another chance to get this mount in the future? I've unfortunately missed it. But I absolutely love the mount.

You haven't missed your chance, but you do want to understand the timings, and the requirements to obtain them...

First, there is currently one way to earn the mount, and that is to obtain enough event tickets to purchase the 4 feathers from the Impresario vendor. Each feather is 10 tickets, and you need all four of them to enable your Nascent (or base) Indrik. These tickets are classified in the game as currency, and your inventory will allow you to hold only a maximum of 12 tickets at a time, in the same manner that Transmutation Gems are limited to 200 at a time. So, you want to monitor your currency, so that you don't hit the cap and start losing out on any tickets that you may earn along the way. However, ZOS stated that they will also be introducing the feathers to the Crown store some time late this quarter so they will continue to be available. This means that you really can't miss obtaining the mount, even if you're unable or unwilling to do the events.

The only current way to obtain those tickets is to earn them through participating in the ongoing events that have been occurring since the 4th quarter of 2018.

If you're only interested in getting the Nascent Indrik, then that's really all you need to know.

However, if you're interested in one or more of the Indrik evolutions, that's a bit different. You would still need to obtain a Nascent Indrik in one manner or another, and then you need to also obtain the 4 berries associated with each of the evolution types. These can also be purchased through the same event tickets. But whereas the feathers have been and will continue to be available, the berries will be available ONLY during the yearly quarter in which they're introduced. Each of the 4 berries is introduced during one of the 4 events of the quarter, and once the last event of the quarter is over, then those 4 berries will no longer be available. So although you have plenty of opportunity to get the Nascent Indrik, you CAN miss out on an evolution. The first quarter's evolution is Dawnwood, and the 4 berries for that evolution are being introduced this quarter. The first was just introduced during the Midyear Mayhem event that just ended. When the Morrowind event starts up shortly, then the first TWO berries will be available for purchase, then the first 3 berries during the TG/DB event, and finally all 4 berries during the Jester's Festival.

It may vary some in how and how many tickets are obtained during the events, but in general, you have an opportunity to earn between 1 and 3 tickets each day during the event. Most of the time, it'll be by performing the first daily quest of a given type for the event each day after the reset, but there may be some variations as well. For instance, the Anniversary event will grant 2 tickets when you eat cake for the first time each day, instead of by doing the dailies. And as that event is 5 weeks long, that means about 70 tickets available during that single event. Other events during that quarter might be shorter and make fewer tickets available. But on average, there will probably be roughly 20ish tickets that can be earned during each event, so roughly 80ish tickets during the quarter, but then also you may or may not wish to participate in one event or another.

So bottom line is, you can obtain the Nascent Indrik at the very least, and you'll at least have the opportunity to obtain the various evolutions, but those are less globally available, and you many want to do some planning by monitoring for the events as they occur throughout the year. I hope this answers your question.

Edited by fgoron2000 on January 31, 2019 4:31PM
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd give you mine if I could. Too ugly!! :)
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fgoron2000 gave a really good summary of the whole process, but here's what I think are the key points for anyone starting now. (tl;dr in bold.)

1) Find pictures of the 5 indrik/s online (search for ESO indrik mounts and you should find them) and think seriously about which one/s you want.

If you want all 5 then you're in for a lot of event grinding, or paying an unknown amount of crowns for feathers/berries. To earn enough tickets you'll probably need to participate in every single event from now on, as much as you can, even if it's content you hate. If you're likely to be away a lot or that sounds like you're going to get burned out you may need to think about choosing just your favourite colours to unlock.

(Note: each 'evolved' form requires a new narscent indrik to create, meaning they cost 80 tickets total - 40 for feathers and 40 for berries. So you're looking at 360 tickets for a full set.)

2) If you want the Dawnwood (green) indrik focus on getting the berries first, because these will only be available during the next 3 events (between now and the end of March). You can always hold onto the berries while you collect feathers, but you can't get the berries later on.

3) If you don't want the Dawnwood one then it's probably best to get the feathers first and wait for the right berries for the one/s you do want.

4) Remember you can only hold 12 tickets total and each item costs 10 tickets. So trying to save up all the tickets before buying anything is impossible, but there are still lots of different ways to approach it. For example some people have started buying a second set of feathers even though they can't evolve their first nascent indrik because they're able to get enough tickets to afford it and would literally lose the extras if they don't spend them, and later on that will give them a headstart on their next indrik.

I've been trying to make sure I end each event with as many tickets as possible, just in case I'm unable to play during the next event (which for me is a real possibility). For example I was able to buy the New Life feather on the first day, and then it didn't matter that I couldn't play enough during that event to get another 10 tickets.

5) Be careful you don't buy duplicates (unless you're stating on a second set of feathers). To make the nascent indrik you need 4 different feathers - they're different colours and have different names. To evolve one you need 4 berries which have similar names (for example the Dawnwood Indrik needs Dawnwood Berries of Bloom, Dawnwood Berries of Budding etc.) Duplicate feathers are useless unless you can get a full set and evolve your existing nascent indrik. Duplicate berries are completely useless. So buying the wrong thing can waste 10 tickets.

The feathers and berries are unique - you can't have two the same in your inventory at once - so it might be worth assigning a character to buy and hold them to make sure you can't accidentally buy the same version twice. (The NPC is right outside the starter town and there shouldn't be any combat on the way, so it could be a low level alt.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • cookiejar21732
    cookiejar21732
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the lovely and elaborate descriptions, guys! That helps me out a lot.

I know that I just want one evolution. But for 100% sure the mount itself. - I've seen a green Nascent Indrik and a black one. Just wondering to which events they belong, or if I can get them anytime as long as the events are up.

The black one and green one are my favorite so far. So either of those are the ones I'm going for, depending on what is quickest to achieve. Maybe even both.
    Options
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawn wood berries stop when? I have 2 feathers and I want the green indrik. Next event is 5 weeks. Say I miss 2 days a week, that's 50 tickets. Should I go for the berries first then feathers? Idk what to do. lol
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Dawn wood berries stop when? I have 2 feathers and I want the green indrik. Next event is 5 weeks. Say I miss 2 days a week, that's 50 tickets. Should I go for the berries first then feathers? Idk what to do. lol
    Someone said the berries/feathers/Indrik was going to be for 2019 only but I don’t believe them
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the lovely and elaborate descriptions, guys! That helps me out a lot.

I know that I just want one evolution. But for 100% sure the mount itself. - I've seen a green Nascent Indrik and a black one. Just wondering to which events they belong, or if I can get them anytime as long as the events are up.

The black one and green one are my favorite so far. So either of those are the ones I'm going for, depending on what is quickest to achieve. Maybe even both.

Green one is the current one, you would need the set four unique berries from this quarter to get that one (Dawnwood). Which order the other three will come in is uncertain but it looks like it might be black then gold then white.

Short form of what others have spelled out above: Get a nascent Indrik. Get the four berries from the quarter that has the color you want. Use those berries to evolve your nascent to that color. You will LOSE the nascent indrik when you do that and have to start again with buying a new nascent and getting the new set of berries from the next quarter to get a second color.

You should be able to buy event tickets for crowns, though they said that would be by the end of this month and I haven't seen it happen yet (though I've been dealing with medical stuff yesterday and today so it could have happened very recently without me knowing). I'm a bit on tenterhooks wondering how (un)reasonable those prices will be.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The green one is the Dawnwood Indrik which requires the current set of 4 berries (Dawnwood Berries of Budding, Dawnwood Berries of Bloom, Dawnwood Berries of Growth and Dawnwood Berries of Ripeness). The first one was sold during Mid-Year Mayhem and both that and the second one will be sold during the next event, which hasn't been officially announced yet but people have said it will be the anniversary event. Later in February and March there will be another 2 events where the final 2 berries will be released.

That is the only time you'll be able to buy those berries. The feathers to make the nascent (brown/grey) indrik will still be available during later events but you won't be able to get the berries to evolve it into the dawnwood (green) version.

The black one is the Onyx Indrik, which will be created in exactly the same way (get a nascent indrik, then use 4 Onyx berries to evolve it) but we don't know when exactly it will be available. It's predicted to be in the 3rd quarter of this year (July - September) but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

You can find more information on this page: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nascent_Indrik
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Someone said the berries/feathers/Indrik was going to be for 2019 only but I don’t believe them

ZOS have not said either way. They've told us tickets will be available from events throughout this year, but that each set of berries will only be available in one quarter. They have said absolutely nothing about what will happen with them after the end of this year.

Given how popular this system has been and that the only real complaints I've seen about it are that people were disappointed the different colours are restricted to 1 quarter each and that the information on how to get them isn't all available in 1 article it would seem logical to assume they'll keep it going.

But ZOS have not said that and if you really want an indrik waiting or assuming you can take your time with the collection seems like a very big gamble when there's no guarantee they'll be available.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • RebelFire
    RebelFire
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know when the next events will start and if I will be able to obtain the base Nascent Indrik at that time to start collecting the berries to try to get the other black or white Indrik?

Thank you.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next event will start sometime in Q3, so probably in July.

And yes it will allow you to get tickets to buy feathers for a nascent indrik and berries for the black indrik.

The berries for the white version will be released in Q4 from October - December.

Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Danikat is right.

Next event will be Midyear Mayhem in July ... but no dates released as of yet.
    Options
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt get to the fourth berry for this go around. Does that mean that the berries I have in storage are worthless and can be tossed away to free up pack space?
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    I didnt get to the fourth berry for this go around. Does that mean that the berries I have in storage are worthless and can be tossed away to free up pack space?

No confirmation from ZOS, but there’s a good chance of the Luminous Indrik returning next year.

The berries only take up three (3) inventory slots.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the berries can be banked or dumped on an alt or in a crate...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

No confirmation from ZOS, but there’s a good chance of the Luminous Indrik returning next year.

The berries only take up three (3) inventory slots.

There’s only been evidence thus far of the berries being gone for good. In fact I believe “last chance” and “gone for good” we’re actually used in the official articles.

It doesn’t hurt to hold onto them, or @lukoi if you have a feather in your inventory, it seems some people have had success emailing support and having feathers replaced with berries if you explain you weren’t clear on how the berries worked. It’s not guaranteed but you may want to try just in case.

The feathers have already been confirmed to be purchaseable through the end of Q4, so far no info has come up one way or the other about if the feathers will be retiring with the last indrik
    Options
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Great info guys, thanks for the followup
    Options