The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Just realized ESO classes awfully fit WOW lore

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Life - Warden
Death - Necromancer
Light - Templar
Shadow - Nightblade
Order - Dragonknight
Disorder - Sorcerer

awfully, I mean awfully, fits :#

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, it does sort of fit I guess? If we squint hard enough... but I wouldn't call that 'WoW lore' :smiley: More like general concepts, elements, archetypes, etc from fantasy and real life spirituality or whatever.

Also if we are already nerding out about WoW lore, Order is more Arcane and Titanic, while DKs are closer to Shaman with their Elemental Fire and Earth magics... also, their Poisons would fall under Nature. Nightblades are more about restoring Life and dealing Death than they are about Shadow...

So while it's nice that you like both games' lore, I think Warcraft has its own spin on generic fantasy tropes, and TES has its own spin on it - I'd rather celebrate the original lore of both games than try to make comparisons :smile:
    Options
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know anything about WOW lore, so maybe I'm missing something.

I don't see the Dragonknight - Order, Sorcerer - Disorder thing.
    Other classes though fit pretty well.

You can also group 3 of the classes by the main elements in ESO:
    Fire - Dragonknight
    Lightning - Sorcerer
    Ice - Warden
    Options
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I mean, it does sort of fit I guess? If we squint hard enough... but I wouldn't call that 'WoW lore' :smiley: More like general concepts, elements, archetypes, etc from fantasy and real life spirituality or whatever.

Also if we are already nerding out about WoW lore, Order is more Arcane and Titanic, while DKs are closer to Shaman with their Elemental Fire and Earth magics... also, their Poisons would fall under Nature. Nightblades are more about restoring Life and dealing Death than they are about Shadow...

So while it's nice that you like both games' lore, I think Warcraft has its own spin on generic fantasy tropes, and TES has its own spin on it - I'd rather celebrate the original lore of both games than try to make comparisons :smile:
    NikaTheCat wrote: »
    Don't know anything about WOW lore, so maybe I'm missing something.

I don't see the Dragonknight - Order, Sorcerer - Disorder thing.
    Other classes though fit pretty well.

Fire - Dragonknight
    Lightning - Sorcerer
    Ice - Warden

In wow the disorder is represented by fel - burning legion, which is similar to daedra's role in elder scrolls

Dragonknight is the least fitting among them indeed, but with link of aedra and dragon (Alktosh), their role is to bring order

Of course it won't be perfectly fit...but you gotta admit the similarity is great, perhaps too great ;)
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll open your eyes, both WoW and TES lore basics and everything is taken from other stuff which is much older.
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot that in both games, planets are some god like entities. Azeroth have a soul and nirn made from dead gods or sth.
    Options
  • jpo
    jpo
    ✭✭✭
    What does "awfully fits" even mean?
    Options
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jpo wrote: »

That it shouldn't have
    Options
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you compare smth to basic elements you will always find equivalents.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably is not native English speaker and so mismatched "awesome" and "awful" :D
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What has this to do with WOW (World of Warcraft?) lore?

It's basically the most generic stuff in every game, don't see why this would be specific for WoW. You can find this in most Fantasy RPGs.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 31, 2019 8:02AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    You forgot that in both games, planets are some god like entities. Azeroth have a soul and nirn made from dead gods or sth.

It was pretty common in real life ancient belief. Looks like lots of fantasy worlds are inspired by the fantasy of our ancestors. Not really surprising.
    Options
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    Branches of the same ancestor.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

It was pretty common in real life ancient belief. Looks like lots of fantasy worlds are inspired by the fantasy of our ancestors. Not really surprising.

i mean ive only heard it in these two games. like i dont remember it was a thing in other tolkienish worlds.

interesting thought. which beliefs have this world souls?
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But where do the pandas come into all this?
    Options
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk and Sorc are far-fetched. Nuff said.
    Options
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    No no. It’s more obviously stealing from Pokémon
    DK=Charizard
    NB=any plant with leech seeds
    Sorcerer = Pikachu
    Templar = I don’t know, any light type
    Warden = grass and bear Pokémon
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
    Options
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO they barely fit into "warrior-rogue-mage" archetypes, not even talking about WoW classes (which had more classes at the beginning than ESO will have with next chapter).
    P.S. pretty sad that druidic type got ice powers, would prefer necro to have them.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find much the same theme in the Dragonlance Chronicles, both the books and the game. The game and books go back to the early to mid 1980's and they were not the first with this general theme by a long shot.

Great books though and plenty of lore to build an AD&D campaign around.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    Life - Warden
    Death - Necromancer
    Light - Templar
    Shadow - Nightblade
    Order - Dragonknight
    Disorder - Sorcerer

There are a dozen games predating WoW my friend, want me to start writing list of what looks "similar" classes with them?
    :smiley:
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "awfully" is used British Englings to be mean "very"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/awfully
    Edited by Turelus on January 31, 2019 9:48AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also both have humans, orcs and elves who vary between all-out war and alliances over time. Including wood elves who split off from the high elves over disagreements over the appropriate use of magic. And dragons who are ancient, extremely magical beings whose power is sometimes 'borrowed' by other races. And probably dozens of other similarities.

Thing is none of this is original to either series, it's common to most high fantasy (meaning if you want to credit anyone for the original idea most of it goes to Tolkien, but even then he was adapting existing folklore and legends).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Life - Warden
    Death - Necromancer
    Light - Templar
    Shadow - Nightblade
    Order - Dragonknight
    Nerfed - Sorcerer

I fixed it for you.
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably is not native English speaker and so mismatched "awesome" and "awful" :D

This post deserves some 'Awful's. Or is it 'Awesome's? Nah, it's 'Awful's, definitely.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think WoW and ESO fit Everquest lore pretty well, which fits LOTR lore pretty well.
    Options
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    Life - Warden
    Death - Necromancer
    Light - Templar
    Shadow - Nightblade
    Order - Dragonknight
    Disorder - Sorcerer

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn :s
    I need TP for my ***!
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except TES lore pre-dates WoW lore... :)
    And they are all taken from Tolkien, Morecock, etc.... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • NekoTashi
    NekoTashi
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by NekoTashi on March 5, 2020 1:20AM
    PS4/EU Gamer | I don't have haters, just fans in denial.
    Options
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NikaTheCat wrote: »
    Fire - Dragonknight
    Lightning - Sorcerer
    Ice - Warden

Disease - Nightblade
    Curse - Necromancer

Edit: Ahh... And...