Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodilic Jungle House, and a question about daily login rewards.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My mind is made up. This will be my house. I'm a proud Imperial, and live under the banner of the Aldmeri Dominion. It's the perfect house.

But, here's the question. Should I buy for gold or cheap out and buy with crowns? I noticed that this month had 100k gold as a login reward. Sadly I joined the PC community too late to even hope to get that reward. There simply wasn't enough time.

But I would like to ask, do we get a big gold reward like that every month? Because if so then it stands to reason that I save my crowns for decoration, and wait until I get the gold needed. If these login rewards are a regular thing then it makes sense I aim for that instead, saving me IRL cash.

TIA
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold. Do daily crafting writs on a handful of characters and you’ll be able to afford that house in like 4 days. And if you can’t do max level ones yet, it doesn’t take long to get to that point.

rip decibel
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Gold. Do daily crafting writs on a handful of characters and you’ll be able to afford that house in like 4 days. And if you can’t do max level ones yet, it doesn’t take long to get to that point.

Fair enough. I forgot about the possibility of using multiple characters for writs. Still quite new to this MMO thing. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only character level matters for the gold reward for doing writs. So, doing top tier writs doesn't matter if you do writs on all your characters, you get gold based on their level. Now, if you're talking about getting gold tempers and such to sell, then yes, top-tier writs are best for those, although you can occasionally get them from lower-tier writs.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Only character level matters for the gold reward for doing writs. So, doing top tier writs doesn't matter if you do writs on all your characters, you get gold based on their level. Now, if you're talking about getting gold tempers and such to sell, then yes, top-tier writs are best for those, although you can occasionally get them from lower-tier writs.

Noted. I'll get on it over the coming days.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because if so then it stands to reason that I save my crowns for decoration, and wait until I get the gold needed.
    Buy the house with gold, and buy the furniture with gold too, and save your crowns for something else.

Unless you're looking for crown-exclusive furniture that can't be obtained through other means (some fountains, some structures, some statues, a few extra fancy furniture), it's quite cheap to furnish a house (especially that size) with crafted or gold-bought furniture.

And as for ways to make money, daily fence sales (16-20k per day) are also a good way to get gold outside of a trading guild. Once you join a trading guild (and I suggest you do, selling to other players is the best source of income :smile:), you can sell crafting mats, motifs, furnishing patterns, useful gear, etc.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house is great, I have it too.

Some tips:

You can create a loft if you place a platform at the top of the roof, which you can access with a plank or Murkmire ladder. I placed the bed there along with some storage boxes, to make room for other furniture below.

Outside you can place Murkmire stone furnishings which work well with the Imperial style walls. It is quite convenient, near a wayshrine and vendors.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Unless you're looking for crown-exclusive furniture that can't be obtained through other means (some fountains, some structures, some statues, a few extra fancy furniture), it's quite cheap to furnish a house (especially that size) with crafted or gold-bought furniture.

Note that crown-only applies to some basic things, like firelogs, and books. People do sometimes sell them, but plan for using at least some crowns.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Note that crown-only applies to some basic things, like firelogs, and books. People do sometimes sell them, but plan for using at least some crowns.

Thing is I really want to use Imperial furniture, so, yeah...
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as for ways to make money, daily fence sales (16-20k per day) are also a good way to get gold outside of a trading guild.

This is my second source of income (the first are the crafting writs): just steal only items of green quality or better, given that you can only fence 50 objects per day per character (if you pickpocket instead of stealing from containers simply destroy the white quality ones)
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    And as for ways to make money, daily fence sales (16-20k per day) are also a good way to get gold outside of a trading guild.

This is my second source of income (the first are the crafting writs): just steal only items of green quality or better, given that you can only fence 50 objects per day per character (if you pickpocket instead of stealing from containers simply destroy the white quality ones)
    You can sell up to 140 stolen items per character every day if you put points in your Legerdemain passive, so the daily 16-20k is per character, assuming you only sell green and above as you said! :smile:
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

You can sell up to 140 stolen items per character every day if you put points in your Legerdemain passive, so the daily 16-20k is per character, assuming you only sell green and above as you said! :smile:

Also pair up haggling skill from the thieves guild skill line and your stolen goods are worth up to an extra 10%
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    It's also worth noting that Imperial furniture is Crown Store only so if you are planning on using that then it may be best to spend the 3100 crowns and have a load of Imperial furniture ready.
    Edited by Hrolthar on February 1, 2019 2:39AM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want Imperial furniture to go with you Imperial abode, then you hafta spend crowns. No way of getting around that. None of the Imperial stuff is craftable. You might find something like wall sconces or some other really minor items on sale in guild stores. These come from homes that were bough unfurnished with gold and had some imperial items included. Those few items can be sold in a guild store whereas crown bough stuff can't, but your chances of finding any are next to none. So buying a furnished home may be the better option, since you get a bunch of them to go with the house at a discounted bundle price.

However, the stuff that comes with the house, might not be what yer looking for, and the stuff included tends to be lower quality crap. Don't expect to get a lot of purple quality items, especially from cheaper homes. So check the preview first, and take note of what is included in the furnished version. Go to the free house you get, you know - the inn room, and go to the housing editor and see what is actually available in game and at what price. Then you can figure out what you really want in your house, and whether the furnished version is worth the cost in crowns. Jut as in real life, when it comes to homes, it pays to do research before buying.

Also note two other key bits of info before you commit to anything:

Firstly - all Imperial furniture is just breton furniture with slightly different engravings and a greyer paint job. So substituting breton stuff for imperial trappings is a cheaper (real world moneywise that is) alternative.

As a proud imperial fighting for the Covenant, I bought the Imperial home in Craglorn. It's situated next to the gates leading to the Daggerfall staging area, so it seemed like a sensible choice for my second home. I did not spend crowns on it though, bought mine with gold, was not really interested in the particular bits it came bundled with. I have some stuff bought with crowns in it, since some stuff is only available in the crown store, but most of it is crafted, bought from guild stores, or from furniture sellers and achievement vendors.

I originally used breton furniture to furnish it, but I never really liked the designs. I find them kinda bland and uninspiring. (And since breton stuff is basically the same as imperial, they too are kinda meh, though I like the color on Imperial stuff more.) I ended up packing all my breton stuff up and moving it to my warehouse home in Wayrest. At some point I might furnish that one properly, but got like 5 other homes to do before worrying about that, so all that breton stuff now just gathers dust there.

As for my Imperial house,... Well, I went with Alinor designs. I do not find them particularly high-elven. They are mostly gothic looking designs, and I would not use them for an elven home. But they fit quite well with the Imperial style houses. Besides, they look a lot better than the breton/imperial designs. So maybe that's something worth thinking about for your Imperial home.

Secondly - Housing is an endgame activity in ESO. It has no real purpose beyond being a vanity project. You can place crafting stations in your home, and some extra storage, but that's about it. The storage is a nice addition, but it's more useful for long term storage, or archiving stuff you don't actively use, or for mementos of your adventures, since accessing them is more bothersome than your bank. Crafting is not really something you will be doing a lot in your home either. It just isn't practical, and many guilds offer dedicated crafting houses with workstations for all the different craftable gear.

You can, if you spend a bucket load of cash, add some extra functionality, like mundus stones, but that too is more sensible to leave for guild halls and the pooled resource of the guild.

The only real function that a home provides, that is not usually more practical to do elsewhere, is target dummies. Most guilds do offer plenty of target dummies in their guild halls, but having one in your house is nice, and lets you test things in the peace and privacy of your own home.

Housing takes a lot of time and resources in ESO. It is really expensive, both in ingame currency and in real life money, since a lot of cool stuff is only available with crowns. The price of the house is often incidental to the actual cost of getting it furnished. And acquiring all the various pieces can take a lot of time and effort. Especially if you plan to craft most of it yourself.

It really is an endgame activity. Something to keep yourself occupied with, providing you with something to focus on, after you have done all the story content and quests the game offers. And it is purposefully designed to be a massive gold sink.

This is because gold is easy to come by for an endgame player. On any given day, I accumulate at least 50k in wealth (though not all of it is necessarily in gold, a lot of it come in tempers and stuff that can be sold in guild stores, like motif pages and recipes), and I'm not a player who even tries to maximize my profits. Each week I see several hundred thousand gold pass through my hands and still accumulate more and more in my bank. That 100k form last month? Spent it on one, singular piece, of achievement furnishing. Did not really even register as particularly big transaction.

I sell stuff, I buy stuff, grind for furniture plans, and work on my house designs. That is what my end game is - I do not raid or do dungeons - I PVP and fiddle with my homes. I have sunk millions upon millions of gold into them by now. And none of them are really finished, except my primary home, the one I bought when housing was launched, the house of the Silent Magnifico in Sentinel. All others are works in progress, and will no doubt take 10 more million gold to finish.

Making gold in this game is easy, once you reach endgame and have several fully leveled and geared characters. There are tons of threads about making gold on this forum, so maybe search for them and find a way of making gold that works for you. If you are gonna go into housing, you are gonna need a lot of gold. But yeah, the price of the jungle house in gold is pocket change compared to what furnishings cost.

So... the point in all this is that, housing is set up to take a lot of time and effort. You can cut corners and buy a ready made home with real money, but it wont really mean anything in the end, it wont feel like your personal home if you just buy it ready made. I also doubt that you'll even spend all that much time in a ready made home, since there is no concrete functionality associated with them. Even crafting is generally less of a bother to do somewhere else than your home.

So I suggest going at it slowly, step by step, and slowly build up your own home. Buy one unfurnished and then let it grow organically. Furnish it with whatever you learn to make, or with what you find during your adventures, and buy the various achievement pieces to decorate it. It may end up as a hodgepodge of different styles and full of odd bits or mismatched things. But it will be a personal home, and something that means something to you.

Once you've done your first one, then maybe buy a bigger one and aim for a more daring design, if you find the process entertaining that is. You can also slowly update the furnishings of your first home, with better pieces or more coherent overall look, as you work on your second house. I upgraded and refurbished my primary home several times as new items were introduced to the game, and as my own resource and ability to craft stuff grew. The old stuff was moved to some other house or ended up collecting dust alongside the breton stuff in my warehouse.

But enough of my rambling - housing is a journey and I suggest to not to try to rush to the finish line with it.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exception to crown only Imperial furnishings is the three pieces given as level up rewards. You can find them in guild stores for cheap. I see them go for 300-500 gold a piece.

Imperial Bed Single
    Imperial Bookcase, Scrolled
    Imperial brazier...something
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    If you want Imperial furniture to go with you Imperial abode, then you hafta spend crowns. No way of getting around that. None of the Imperial stuff is craftable. You might find something like wall sconces or some other really minor items on sale in guild stores. These come from homes that were bough unfurnished with gold and had some imperial items included. Those few items can be sold in a guild store whereas crown bough stuff can't, but your chances of finding any are next to none. So buying a furnished home may be the better option, since you get a bunch of them to go with the house at a discounted bundle price.

However, the stuff that comes with the house, might not be what yer looking for, and the stuff included tends to be lower quality crap. Don't expect to get a lot of purple quality items, especially from cheaper homes. So check the preview first, and take note of what is included in the furnished version. Go to the free house you get, you know - the inn room, and go to the housing editor and see what is actually available in game and at what price. Then you can figure out what you really want in your house, and whether the furnished version is worth the cost in crowns. Jut as in real life, when it comes to homes, it pays to do research before buying.

Also note two other key bits of info before you commit to anything:

Firstly - all Imperial furniture is just breton furniture with slightly different engravings and a greyer paint job. So substituting breton stuff for imperial trappings is a cheaper (real world moneywise that is) alternative.

As a proud imperial fighting for the Covenant, I bought the Imperial home in Craglorn. It's situated next to the gates leading to the Daggerfall staging area, so it seemed like a sensible choice for my second home. I did not spend crowns on it though, bought mine with gold, was not really interested in the particular bits it came bundled with. I have some stuff bought with crowns in it, since some stuff is only available in the crown store, but most of it is crafted, bought from guild stores, or from furniture sellers and achievement vendors.

I originally used breton furniture to furnish it, but I never really liked the designs. I find them kinda bland and uninspiring. (And since breton stuff is basically the same as imperial, they too are kinda meh, though I like the color on Imperial stuff more.) I ended up packing all my breton stuff up and moving it to my warehouse home in Wayrest. At some point I might furnish that one properly, but got like 5 other homes to do before worrying about that, so all that breton stuff now just gathers dust there.

As for my Imperial house,... Well, I went with Alinor designs. I do not find them particularly high-elven. They are mostly gothic looking designs, and I would not use them for an elven home. But they fit quite well with the Imperial style houses. Besides, they look a lot better than the breton/imperial designs. So maybe that's something worth thinking about for your Imperial home.

Secondly - Housing is an endgame activity in ESO. It has no real purpose beyond being a vanity project. You can place crafting stations in your home, and some extra storage, but that's about it. The storage is a nice addition, but it's more useful for long term storage, or archiving stuff you don't actively use, or for mementos of your adventures, since accessing them is more bothersome than your bank. Crafting is not really something you will be doing a lot in your home either. It just isn't practical, and many guilds offer dedicated crafting houses with workstations for all the different craftable gear.

You can, if you spend a bucket load of cash, add some extra functionality, like mundus stones, but that too is more sensible to leave for guild halls and the pooled resource of the guild.

The only real function that a home provides, that is not usually more practical to do elsewhere, is target dummies. Most guilds do offer plenty of target dummies in their guild halls, but having one in your house is nice, and lets you test things in the peace and privacy of your own home.

Housing takes a lot of time and resources in ESO. It is really expensive, both in ingame currency and in real life money, since a lot of cool stuff is only available with crowns. The price of the house is often incidental to the actual cost of getting it furnished. And acquiring all the various pieces can take a lot of time and effort. Especially if you plan to craft most of it yourself.

It really is an endgame activity. Something to keep yourself occupied with, providing you with something to focus on, after you have done all the story content and quests the game offers. And it is purposefully designed to be a massive gold sink.

This is because gold is easy to come by for an endgame player. On any given day, I accumulate at least 50k in wealth (though not all of it is necessarily in gold, a lot of it come in tempers and stuff that can be sold in guild stores, like motif pages and recipes), and I'm not a player who even tries to maximize my profits. Each week I see several hundred thousand gold pass through my hands and still accumulate more and more in my bank. That 100k form last month? Spent it on one, singular piece, of achievement furnishing. Did not really even register as particularly big transaction.

I sell stuff, I buy stuff, grind for furniture plans, and work on my house designs. That is what my end game is - I do not raid or do dungeons - I PVP and fiddle with my homes. I have sunk millions upon millions of gold into them by now. And none of them are really finished, except my primary home, the one I bought when housing was launched, the house of the Silent Magnifico in Sentinel. All others are works in progress, and will no doubt take 10 more million gold to finish.

Making gold in this game is easy, once you reach endgame and have several fully leveled and geared characters. There are tons of threads about making gold on this forum, so maybe search for them and find a way of making gold that works for you. If you are gonna go into housing, you are gonna need a lot of gold. But yeah, the price of the jungle house in gold is pocket change compared to what furnishings cost.

So... the point in all this is that, housing is set up to take a lot of time and effort. You can cut corners and buy a ready made home with real money, but it wont really mean anything in the end, it wont feel like your personal home if you just buy it ready made. I also doubt that you'll even spend all that much time in a ready made home, since there is no concrete functionality associated with them. Even crafting is generally less of a bother to do somewhere else than your home.

So I suggest going at it slowly, step by step, and slowly build up your own home. Buy one unfurnished and then let it grow organically. Furnish it with whatever you learn to make, or with what you find during your adventures, and buy the various achievement pieces to decorate it. It may end up as a hodgepodge of different styles and full of odd bits or mismatched things. But it will be a personal home, and something that means something to you.

Once you've done your first one, then maybe buy a bigger one and aim for a more daring design, if you find the process entertaining that is. You can also slowly update the furnishings of your first home, with better pieces or more coherent overall look, as you work on your second house. I upgraded and refurbished my primary home several times as new items were introduced to the game, and as my own resource and ability to craft stuff grew. The old stuff was moved to some other house or ended up collecting dust alongside the breton stuff in my warehouse.

But enough of my rambling - housing is a journey and I suggest to not to try to rush to the finish line with it.

Thanks for drilling some sanity into me.

Was feeling depressed today and nearly made a purchase I would regret. (Yes I know, depression and MMOs are a dangerous mix)

I will be buying the house with gold, not crowns.

I'll get it eventually over the coming weeks and months.

Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is I really want to use Imperial furniture, so, yeah...

You can use the Breton furnishings which are identical, with some exceptions (I mean the Imperial lot has some things which the Breton does not). With the proper lighting, the breton furniture even looks better, because its colors are warmer. The Linchal Manor interior looks better with Breton furnishings, and this is tested (but ofc, it is my taste). If you reached Hollow City in Coldharbour, the inn is decorated with Breton furnishings, while the bank, which has similar architecture, has Imperial furniture. I like the inn more.

The imperial stock has great rugs and tapestries, like the rich textured Dibella rug. So I would buy that if you don't mind spending crowns, and mix with Breton furniture.

I would keep the crowns for the really unique and special furnishings from the crown store, like fountains, FX, crafting stations (the cooking fire), or crowns only packs, which some times have items that are not available outside those bundles.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see that you've already decided to buy with gold rather than crowns, and I think for this small home, that's a great choice.

I just wanted to point out that the furnished versions of the Imperial homes still have Breton furniture mixed in - not all of it is Imperial, so buying an Imperial home furnished doesn't mean all the furnishings inside are Imperial.

It's already been noted that there are three basic Imperial furnishings you can get from the Level Up rewards - the bed and bookcases are great. The brazier is good, too, but only for the exterior or if you have a pretty large interior.

I also wanted to mention that just because you purchase a home furnished, it doesn't mean it's finished. With larger homes, especially, having a starting point with basic furnishings can be helpful. And, there's still plenty of slots to add your own details. I've purchased a few large homes furnished with Crowns, and they weren't even half full. With Amaya Lake Lodge, e.g., I rearranged basically the entire house, and had a good starting point with furnishings, which was especially helpful at Morrowind's launch, when MW furnishing plans were basically non-existent. I still ended up buying a LOT of furnishings from guild stores (from the lucky few who managed to get some of the extremely rare plans), but having some furnishings to start with can be helpful. For smaller homes, not as much, but for larger ones, it can definitely be helpful.

I've purchased all my medium and small homes with gold, but the two large ones (Amaya and Alinor Townhouse) I purchased furnished with Crowns, and don't regret it. You can still add your own personal touch to any already furnished home, since they are not fully furnished - usually at least half the slots are free. Actually, that's with ESO+, so without it, they would be closer to full.

Just some food for thought. While buying with gold and furnishing completely from scratch is a LOT of fun, I've still had a lot of fun decorating the homes that I purchased furnished with Crowns. I think that's better left to large/manor homes, as small and medium ones are easier to tackle from scratch. The first home I ever completely decorated was Velothi Reverie, which I purchased with gold at Homestead's launch. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it. But buying furnished from the Crown Store is also a valid choice, provided you have the real-life funds.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I see that you've already decided to buy with gold rather than crowns, and I think for this small home, that's a great choice.

I just wanted to point out that the furnished versions of the Imperial homes still have Breton furniture mixed in - not all of it is Imperial, so buying an Imperial home furnished doesn't mean all the furnishings inside are Imperial.

It's already been noted that there are three basic Imperial furnishings you can get from the Level Up rewards - the bed and bookcases are great. The brazier is good, too, but only for the exterior or if you have a pretty large interior.

I also wanted to mention that just because you purchase a home furnished, it doesn't mean it's finished. With larger homes, especially, having a starting point with basic furnishings can be helpful. And, there's still plenty of slots to add your own details. I've purchased a few large homes furnished with Crowns, and they weren't even half full. With Amaya Lake Lodge, e.g., I rearranged basically the entire house, and had a good starting point with furnishings, which was especially helpful at Morrowind's launch, when MW furnishing plans were basically non-existent. I still ended up buying a LOT of furnishings from guild stores (from the lucky few who managed to get some of the extremely rare plans), but having some furnishings to start with can be helpful. For smaller homes, not as much, but for larger ones, it can definitely be helpful.

I've purchased all my medium and small homes with gold, but the two large ones (Amaya and Alinor Townhouse) I purchased furnished with Crowns, and don't regret it. You can still add your own personal touch to any already furnished home, since they are not fully furnished - usually at least half the slots are free. Actually, that's with ESO+, so without it, they would be closer to full.

Just some food for thought. While buying with gold and furnishing completely from scratch is a LOT of fun, I've still had a lot of fun decorating the homes that I purchased furnished with Crowns. I think that's better left to large/manor homes, as small and medium ones are easier to tackle from scratch. The first home I ever completely decorated was Velothi Reverie, which I purchased with gold at Homestead's launch. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it. But buying furnished from the Crown Store is also a valid choice, provided you have the real-life funds.

I'm going to see how I feel once I've made the gold. Still got to earn about 60k before I'm comfortable purchasing the home, so it's going to be a while yet.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Little update. I have enough gold. I'm going to complete the main quest + AD quest before buying though.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, here are the things you'd have in the furnished house, that you'd otherwise have to use crowns to buy separately:

Imperial Bed, Single <== this is exactly the same bed you get as a level-up reward.

Imperial Bench, Fitted
    Imperial Chair, Windowed
    Imperial Shelf, Wall
    Imperial Table, Common
    Imperial Divider, Curved
    Imperial Dresser, Open
    Imperial Stool, Padded
    Imperial Stool, Sturdy

Imperial Pedestal, Chiseled <== the only piece that isn't re-textured Breton.
    You have one outside with unfurnished, and I think it looks odd indoors.

These items aren't Imperial, but are crown-store-only. I may have missed a few.

Book Row, Long
    Book Stack, Decorative
    Firelogs, Flaming

There are a couple of Breton items in there, as either there wasn't an Imperial instance, or the Breton one looked better?

I just created an Imperial, so we're looking at this home, too, but also at Domus Phrasticus, for the extra space.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've gotten some sound advice already. It's tempting to fling $$ at housing but I'd really advise against it for anything that isn't crown exclusive. And there is a fair bit of crown exclusive stuff that's really nice, so you're better off figuring out what you want over time and saving for it.

On furniture... I just thought I'd comment because pretty much all of my houses are Imperial themed, but I don't actually use ANY of the Imperial wooden furniture. I think it looks kind of tacky and cheap. Instead I use a mix of alinor, ayleid, redguard, breton, and high elf. Basically anything that is dark wood, white marble, or gold embellished tends to work well for an Imperial themed house. Here's a few examples of how you can mix and match racial furnishings for a still cohesive look.

mainkeep25.jpg
    Princely Dawnlight Palace - redguard architecture but I made it look as Imperial as possible with alinor columns, redguard & high elf tables, redguard chairs, wedding drapes, ayleid thrones, indoril & redguard braziers and alinor fountains.

pocket21.jpg
    Custom built interior of an Imperial home. Imperial dibella rug, redguard table & chairs, redguard bookcases, alinor candle stands, hlaalu mirror, alinor wardrobe, alinor drapes, ayleid grates for windows, alinor walls & floors.

pocket17.jpg
    Just for fun--the outside of the custom built home. Alinor building blocks work amazingly for that Imperial/Roman aesthetic.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown only Imperial furniture is just recolored Breton furniture. Don't limit yourself to one strict racial "style" as many furnishing items really do look like they could be from anywhere.

You also don't have to buy the firelogs. Just buy with gold (like 100 gold) one of the firelog furnishings from a furnishing vendor. THEN use a brazier sunk beneath the firelogs and they will appear to be flaming. I really like the Daedric table brazier for this as it's super bright.
    Edited by MornaBaine on February 22, 2019 12:34PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, the Imperial homes use the Breton lighting pieces, and you get quite a few of those even in an unfurnished home. Supplementing with neutral candles avoids a lot of the need for specifically Imperial items.

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, it's certainly just as well that I've now decided to not buy until I finish Cadwell's Gold. (Read: several months time)

I've picked up a hell'uva lot of furniture recipes in the time I've been playing... I'm going to use them! Uniformity be damned! (Blame my autism & OCD, it's a nightmare. No, I'm not using autism to be edgy. I'm literally autistic)

No, I'm an adventurer, and I'm going to build a home that showcases my adventures across all of Tamriel!