The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit percent

kalimar44
kalimar44
✭✭✭✭
Is there a cap? Is it worth having crit chance over 75%?
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    Is there a cap? Is it worth having crit chance over 75%?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a cap. However, there are diminishing returns and you begin to sacrifice another stat the more you put into crit chance (namely spell or weapon damage).
    vFG1 HM
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cap for crit would obviously be 100%. As the previous reply stated though, stacking stats into all crit will likely hinder better damage as you will be sacrificing other important stats like Max Mag/Stam or Spell/Weap Dmg.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on where the 'sweet spot' is? I find 50% seems to power crit surge just fine but generally try to get about 65% crit.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on where the 'sweet spot' is? I find 50% seems to power crit surge just fine but generally try to get about 65% crit.

50-60% is a good range to shoot for.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 75% right now unbuffed. I'm thinking maybe I should drop the thief stone and go with either warrior or shadow. My wep dam currently is 3200 unbuffed, and I'm a stam Dk redguard using Ay daggers/jewelry, 5 pieces of Vo and velidreth monster set. To me it seems like i have overkill on my crit chance.
    Edited by kalimar44 on January 31, 2019 2:47AM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    I'm at 75% right now unbuffed. I'm thinking maybe I should drop the thief stone and go with either warrior or shadow. My wep dam currently is 3200 unbuffed, and I'm a stam Dk redguard using Ay daggers/jewelry, 5 pieces of Vo and velidreth monster set. To me it seems like i have overkill on my crit chance.

Go with the lover mundus stone instead. With those sets you won't be near the penetration cap in any content you play in, and penetration will give you the highest DPS increase until you get to the cap.
    EU PC
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not a specific Sweetspot, which applies to each scenario on every class.

That Topic is very specific to the situation, Race and gear you use.

can only say what my stamNB freinds aim for in a PVE Progression Trialrun -> 85% Critratio.

Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 1, 2019 9:12AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer