The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Consoles: We need a combat metrics breakdown, bad.

Odovacar
Odovacar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Its been my only real sincere ask from ZOS...

I/we get it...us console players cannot for many reasons have addons (and this post is not asking for them either; I could care less we've all played without for years at high levels...) but, can we please, someday, have something comparable to PC's combat metrics breakdown...or at least a tiny line section in our character breakdown to show us our penetration numbers for crying out loud? This is not IMO a huge ask and would significantly improve our quality of life.

Does anyone have an idea as to why ZOS has never implemented something? Do you think we will see anything in the future?

After nearly 5 years my guess is not but maybe... o:)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a console version of combat metrics, make it a private text just like your target dummy parse is already. It could be sent in the mail as well, like when you get Undaunted rewards after completing content.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a console version of combat metrics, make it a private text just like your target dummy parse is already. It could be sent in the mail as well, like when you get Undaunted rewards after completing content.

This. I don't want to know other's DPS, I don't give a
    .. about them. I want to test my builds and track how good or bad some of their "parts" (sets, skills, mundus) are. I am solely playing on console and totally missing to theorycraft just because of the lack of metrics addons. I want it. Just for me.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

This. I don't want to know other's DPS, I don't give a
    .. about them. I want to test my builds and track how good or bad some of their "parts" (sets, skills, mundus) are. I am solely playing on console and totally missing to theorycraft just because of the lack of metrics addons. I want it. Just for me.

I agree. I want to know my breakdown, not others. My uptimes, spell penetration/crit average/max..all the gravy that pertains to my build I'm working on...instead of going "oh I just parsed 46.5k and last time I was at 44.5k...hmmmm I must be getting better at my ani-canceling yay!! :(
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    I agree with this, I make my own builds and always have, but to do so, i spend around 150-200k per build in order to compare it with an already completed build, the only way we have to measure things is via our tooltip and a dummy.

Other than that i will have to go do a few negative outcome BG's just to see how much pen vs certain builds, but even that is really vague because you have no idea what kind of resistances your enemy has.

On top of that, if i am going to go into a BG (which is my primary gametype) in order for me to know what stats i am going to have, i have to wait to get in there, 45 seconds (if you get in at the start of the match) of quickly checking what is doing what via unreliable tooltips and hope that it is actually doing what it says.

Also BG and as far as i know most other non-champ arenas have lowered stats - I really really would like to see what those lowered stats are exactly BEFORE i get in a battleground where i have zero time to look at anything.

It would be great to just hit some kind of command showing everything current like /reloadui for example but as suggested above it either dummy parses the info or mails you, either 1 would be an amazing step in the right direction

we can only hope.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also would want to know things like the amount of your executes that crit as that could explain a small increase or decrease in your dps. Ideally you would get the entire break down of a parse that combat metrics gives but seeing how ZoS implemented buff trackers, I don't have much hope for you
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    WNxSiv wrote: »
    On top of that, if i am going to go into a BG (which is my primary gametype) in order for me to know what stats i am going to have, i have to wait to get in there, 45 seconds (if you get in at the start of the match) of quickly checking what is doing what via unreliable tooltips and hope that it is actually doing what it says.

Also BG and as far as i know most other non-champ arenas have lowered stats - I really really would like to see what those lowered stats are exactly BEFORE i get in a battleground where i have zero time to look at anything.
    @WNxSiv
    I know its a work around with delays due to load screens etc, but couldn't you just guest into the no-cp cyrodiil campaign to see your no-cp stats and compare everything there?
    (As far as I am aware it should be the same as bgs, correct me if I'm wrong)
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on January 31, 2019 1:40AM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also the only way to see real contribution in a trial fight. I’m tired of these dummy test warriors that can cheese a stupid high parse but fall apart when the slightest bit of mechanics are added.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for this. Running a trials guild is hard, and it really sucks that we can't accurately judge member performance because of a missing QoL feature. Dummy parses are good for starting a team, but we need live action stats to really improve them.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like em too! I kinda gave up on asking for things, though, given that suggestions I've made that have been implemented in the game, only made it to PC. Like, I can't say I'm the only one who has asked for loadouts, but I recall sending them feedback about it and two patches later it was in the game for PC. That was years ago... so, I have doubts about anything being added frankly.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for this.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s also the only way to see real contribution in a trial fight. I’m tired of these dummy test warriors that can cheese a stupid high parse but fall apart when the slightest bit of mechanics are added.

This.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    WNxSiv wrote: »

@WNxSiv
    I know its a work around with delays due to load screens etc, but couldn't you just guest into the no-cp cyrodiil campaign to see your no-cp stats and compare everything there?
    (As far as I am aware it should be the same as bgs, correct me if I'm wrong)

you might be right, but seriously? I am the only 1 in my group who makes builds so trying to convince people to wait around for me to check my stats isn't really going to be viable, a simple command or something similar would be a really quick and easy fix, or is it?
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly think something like Combat Metrics is necessary...it would help people like me to find outwhere I am not doing as strong and where improvement is possible. Yeah, it might make a few elitists and widen the gap between "good" and "casual" players...but that is a tradeoff for a powerfully usefull tool that doesn't lie nor pad numbers...
    I've spent hours, possibly days, in front of dps dummies...it would be cool if they were a little more chatty then an arbitrary number that I hafta use some guesswork to understand...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated