The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul trapped gems are level 50?

Nave_Horsespitoon
I just started using soul trap, don’t have any reason why I haven’t been doing it until now, and much to my surprise all the trapped gems I have produced say that they are level 50 in red!?? So my level 38 character cannot use them. Anybody know what’s up with that? TYIA

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot?

Running any add-ons?

Could be just a UI bug and you can still use them.

Years ago lesser grade soul gems were in the game for lower level players ... but those are only collectors' items now.

Soul gems should work on any character.
    Answer ✓
  • Zaketh
    Zaketh
    ✭✭✭
    Mine show red as well, on my 22ish character, but I can, and do use them all the time...mostly to res my stupid self after trying stupid things :)
    *hold my rot-gut; I got this*
    NA PS4
    Answer ✓
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Oh my bad, they are useable thanks for shaking me loose. I was just looking at the red 50 and froze up, thinking I couldn’t use them. Doh!