The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

On Storage Chests

Cekercaro
Cekercaro
✭✭✭
At the moment storage chests are presented in only two variations, both of which can spoil the appearance of the house. I think, there're two possible solutions for this problem:
1) To add more available styles of storage chests and coffers.
2) IMO the best solution would be to replace storage chests with some kind of "storage vouchers" which would affect the available amount of items to store in already placed dressers, nightstands, chests, etc.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I with there were different styles of storage chests as well. Not only is it just the two styles, but they are kind of unattractive to begin with. It would be nice if maybe they could be different racial styles, or maybe we had multiple appearance options for each - sort of like a storage container outfit system.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Cekercaro wrote: »
    At the moment storage chests are presented in only two variations, both of which can spoil the appearance of the house. I think, there're two possible solutions for this problem:
    2) IMO the best solution would be to replace storage chests with some kind of "storage vouchers" which would affect the available amount of items to store in already placed dressers, nightstands, chests, etc.

I may be mis-remembering, but I think I saw somewhere that they're adding at least 1 new style for the chests with Elsweyr? Maybe in the datamined info? I really may be imagining it, though.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cekercaro wrote: »

I tend to agree that it would be great to have different styles of chest to choose from.

I do not think these should have to be purchased separately though. Any availability should be like a skin, so that each chest can be placed in any available style. The styles available could have to be learned, like an set motif.

Quite apart from this, I think the greater issue with chests is that they are too expensive in the Crown store. To play this game effectively, fully and for the long term, requires significantly more space than is available for free.

Related to this is the limit on space in chests and indeed the actual houses. Id like to see larger chests available and/or the ability to purchase MORE chests to place in my house. I regularly run out of space. Keeping a variety of sets for different roles, DPS, Tank, Healer/Support and then additionally magica and stamina variations, plus training sets, plus all the Cyrodiil siege gear, plus all the other miscellaneous but important gear and loot... we simply dont have enough space for someone playing ESO for years in a dedicated fashion, with multiple characters with multiple roles.
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    I'd prefer more bank and backpack space. Or atleast more chest space, like 120-240 slots.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an ideal world I would like to be able to use existing household chests and cabinets for the storage chest but suspect that would get complicated quickly from object management and control standpoint. However a function that allows me to select the style of the chest when I place it or allows me to change its look via a right click would satisfy me. When I say selectable style I'm thinking of existing chests in the various race designs.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More space in chests would be a good option. At least double what we have now.

30 to 60
    60 to 120

With all the sets that change on each patch you almost have to save all the sets as it could become viable or your current is nerfed and you have to switch.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear