The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2019/01/28 General Insanity

Aca2017
Aca2017
✭✭✭
Logging in during the day on PC/NA, to do crafting dailies. INSANE latency spikes, continuous and extreme (from 90 to 999+ back to 90, every 10 seconds or so), hanging, and disconnects. Noticed I had a Windows 10 update pending. Installed that. Restarted my machine. Restarted my router. Went off and did other things for a couple of hours.

Returned to the computer around 15:00 MST, logged in again, to try to do crafting dailies. Latency was still variable (between 70 and 200 or so), but manageable. Started into my crafting dailies, and noticed I was getting Anniversary Jubilee Crates along with my crafting rewards. Completed a set of crafting dailies on a character, turned them all in, and in the process of opening the rewards I was disconnected again. Logged back in to resume on the same character, and noticed my unopened crafting rewards (including unopened Jubilee rewards) were gone from that character's inventory. Checked the crafting board, and noticed that the crafting dailies I had done just before being disconnected were all available again. Did a couple of these dailies and turned them in, did not receive Jubilee rewards. Logged out and back in to the first character that had done crafting dailies, checked the crafting board, and discovered all of those crafting dailies were also again available.

Conclusion: my whole account apparently regressed, to the tune of about 20 minutes total, without warning/notice. I have no idea what other damage might have been done along the way (but presumably I lost all rewards from the crafting dailies I was able to complete, and was refunded all crafting materials expended in the process).

I give up. Looks like severe dysfunction is underway in the aftermath of the 2019/01/28 patch. Not interested in playing under these circumstances. I will wait a couple of days before attempting any further activity.
Edited by Aca2017 on January 28, 2019 10:53PM
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annivesary event and jubilee crafting writs are live on PTS. They are not enabled on live server. Maybe you logged into PTS the first time and live server the 2nd time :confused:
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Annivesary event and jubilee crafting writs are live on PTS. They are not enabled on live server. Maybe you logged into PTS the first time and live server the 2nd time :confused:

Indeed that appears to be what happened. Good catch.

Strange that the launcher would swap me back and forth at random, like that. I did nothing at any time in the past several days to change servers (I peeked in on the PTS last week when Update 21 was announced, and then happily returned to the production PC/NA server and played repeatedly over the weekend). The launcher appears to have given me what it felt like giving me, regardless of what I had selected... until just now when I explicitly selected the PTS in order to check your theory, and then explicitly selected the main server to go back.

It appears I now have another form of glitch to watch for. You have to read the fine print under "Announcements" on the client to determine if you are on the PTS. I have created an empty low-level character on the PTS (named "Pts Dummy") and rolled it up to the top of the character selector, so I can tell the difference between the two without having to remember to peruse the fine print every time I want to log in.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The huge lag spikes are also happening to me right now.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are currently investigating the lag issues players are experiencing. You can find further information and continue to comment in this thread. As there is already an ongoing thread we will be closing this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.