The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about a crown store item that gives you 24 hours to do race changes after the new passives?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
I'm not saying the new passives are bad... But many people picked races based on what was optimal and after the changes that is definitely going to change in many cases.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think 24 hours of anything is a good idea.

People will come back later and get upset that they didn't get a chance to change race, when others did.

Also, people who are even vaguely attached to their chars, will have to effectively kill them all within 24 hours, which will be at least mildly traumatic for them.

If they offer a free change, it would be ideal to let people class and name change (so, they could keep their chars), or at least race change, with no time limit attached.

The free change could only apply to those chars which were made prior to the race change announcements.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 29, 2019 11:26AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has already been suggested in a couple other threads, including the main one at the top.

One per character, with a cooldown of maybe 10 days would do the trick. Sadly, they're not going to do this. They'll argue the characters are still viable, the differences are minimal, and frankly, there's too much money to be made when people are forces to buy the remaining tokens (name change included.)

It's shady, everything is not so black and white within marketing, it's more black and red.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That screws anyone whose computer is in the shop right now, or whose internet goes down because of horrendous weather, and we've had a lot of that in various places all over the world. A time limit isn't the answer. Giving us one per toon and making there be a long cooldown between race changes (if they are that concerned about multiple changes in a short amount of time, though I can't really see why) would be a lot better.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was suggesting like a token when activated gave you 24 hours.. So everyone would Have control when they did it (one time use, one time buy)
    Edited by ck37090 on January 29, 2019 3:26PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    I was suggesting like a token when activated gave you 24 hours.. So everyone would Have control when they did it (one time use, one time buy)

That would be an ideal solution.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please pass the words of that wiseman to the devs.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has already been suggested in a couple other threads, including the main one at the top.

One per character, with a cooldown of maybe 10 days would do the trick. Sadly, they're not going to do this. They'll argue the characters are still viable, the differences are minimal, and frankly, there's too much money to be made when people are forces to buy the remaining tokens (name change included.)

It's shady, everything is not so black and white within marketing, it's more black and red.

Because they are still viable. Even bad races, like Redguard mag sorc, are viable because bonuses are minimal lol