The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we discuss Battlegrounds?

dragonknightblade
dragonknightblade
Soul Shriven
List of issues I have with Battlergrounds and fears moving forward:

1) Pets and Class Marginalization.

Last night I was in a BG where I estimate 6 of the players if not more were running pet builds. Twilights, Scamps, Bears, Wolves, and Atronachs scattering the battlefield. It already is a huge advantage in BGs as they take damage that normally would be headed your way and they can issue damage, and once they start hitting much harder next patch it's going to be worse. This next patch is going to be hardest on are the classes with no pets, and us MagDKs don't have pets or an execute skill available at all which makes it really hard to compete with the Ice Wardens and the Petsorcs when always outnumbered and slowed to a crawl. Oh and thanks again for nerfing Whip, appreciate it. That free hit with a heal was so important so often, now we just die. GG

2) Premade Groups Ruin the Experience for Solo Players.

Getting wins is hard in BGs in any circumstance, but when you start throwing teams of randos with 1 player with high MMR and the rest CP21s and say good luck (low CP means their gear is substandard and can imply they may not be seasoned at PVP battle, which is wholly different than PVE play, I am NOT trying to CP shame). I have no issue with the scattered skill levels if it is equal across the board, but teaming them against a premade of CP 1000s with all Gold everything and designated healers and permablock tanks ... it's just utter *** horseshit and it needs to *** end now. You have players new to BGs, even PVP regulars, who just nope out of BGs by default because they know what they will be up against if they go in alone. This is a great game mode, definitely my favorite, but your horrible match maker is ruining it for everyone. FIX IT!

3) Move Speed.

Feng Rush is right. Move speed is completely busted. Lack of mobility is ruining the fun of BGs. Maybe look at BG specific versions of skills that slow and root, I know you can do it. You do it to my DK Chains already! Just because something is good for Cyrodiil doesn't mean it's good for BGs and you have acknowledged the need for this by reducing the range of my chain pull from 22m to 4.4M in BGs. More of that class marginalization I was talking about, but if you've set the precedent, time to expand the practice to those slowing skills. PVP IS TOO DAMN SLOW!

4) Skill Bar.

Let us change our skills even in combat. It's the most lore-friendly option. If we want to risk going into menu to do this mid-battle ... we should be able to. Even Nightblades. At least let us change our quicks on the wheel, this is nonsense really. While I am at it, not being able to quick slot seige in Cyro simply because the group is fighting NPCs is crap. We need freedom from "In Combat" in all TES games we can pause mid combat and select any one from our countless spells we dont use, in ESO at least let us make a few minor change ups in battle. Not asking for armor or weapon set changes, just skills and some pots. I really dont see why that's unreasonable, convince me I'm wrong. PLEASE

5) FFA Options.

We needs some non-team free-for-all BG game modes. I would also love to see the now unused Cloud Ruler Temple in Cyrodiil turned into a 9 player PVP arena as well. Just create a madhouse up there, one CP and one non-CP, set spawn timer no variable timer like BGs group-timer and let people go ham on each other. I think it would be great fun.