The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

HRC is very buggy and has been for years. Video proof. Please at least acknowledge the issues.

Rustyfish101
Rustyfish101
✭✭✭
There are a few bugs that have been heavily impacting Hel Ra Citadel as a whole making it extremely difficult to run even on normal with a weaker group let alone on vet. As someone who devotes 6 days a week to helping players new to the raiding scene ESO has to offer this is one of the ones I've begun to dread teaching thanks to the many bugs it has. The two main issues I'm concerned about include the second boss(es) both top and bottom. There are general trial/ group issues I'm going to highlight here as well but those are at least a little less game breaking.

1. The top group boss. Since about the Wolfhunter DLC I think (maybe it was Summerset, I don't recall perfectly) this boss suddenly doubled the amount of times meteor comes down and the amount of times the clones flameshape. It is very difficult up there now, and nigh impossible without a perfectly coordinated group and top-tier DPS. With the new change coming in the upcoming Wrathstone DLC making the clones invincible this concerns me even more since we won't be able to kill them to try to reduce the flameshaping anymore. I've resorted to making my trials groups skip this boss because they'll be wiping forever otherwise, because again they're new and weaker than high end trial groups cause I want to train them but if this keeps up they'll soon not know the mechanics there cause it's too difficult. (19:43 I talk a little about this when a guildmate says she doesn't want to go up top because of this boss and the bugs that have made it so difficult)

2. The bottom group boss. If the bottom group wipes for any reason the boss completely despawns and won't reappear unless you restart the trial. Obviously this is a huge hindrance and a bit of a pain when a new group is learning vet for example and the tank dies. This has been around since before I even joined the raiding scene in ESO 2-3 years ago! (30:09)

3. This is a more minor issue but still a major inconvenience that has gone unnoticed for far too long. Occasionally, and I'm unsure what causes this, if a group wipes they will be forever stuck in combat unable to revive even if there's no one left alive to even be in combat. (1:42:42)

These are my main issues, marked in the stream from my vet training run with my guild earlier tonight.
Video mentioned can be found here
Tanks:
Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
Healers:
Rustyfish - Templar Healer
Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
DPS:
Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with your thoughts. Especially on the part of teaching this trial to newer players.
    We have things like the following in our sign up sheet in Discord whenever we run vHRC over many years...
    "we're going to be running veteran Hel Ra Citadel! Usual disclaimer that vHRC is a buggy mess, if the boss that the melee have to deal with kills the group. The trial may become completely broken, so please bring your A-game!!"
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) This is in the Bug Reports Forum. Easily ignored and in a few days it'll never be seen again. If you make the post in Gen Discussion it also gets moved here (rightly so but this is where posts go to die).

2) They don't care about old Time Trials. Once the Trial has left PTS the support for it is all in the next 2 weeks. After that you're lucky to get 1 fix a year for long released content.

Good try though, i've been submitting /bug & forum reports for years and you have to win the lottery to get a response.
    Edited by Kilnerdyne on January 28, 2019 12:46PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the new change coming in the upcoming Wrathstone DLC making the clones invincible

Fish, what's this now? How will that battle work? You just have to survive until he re-forms?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    1) This is in the Bug Reports Forum. Easily ignored and in a few days it'll never be seen again. If you make the post in Gen Discussion it also gets moved here (rightly so but this is where posts go to die).

2) They don't care about old Time Trials. Once the Trial has left PTS the support for it is all in the next 2 weeks. After that you're lucky to get 1 fix a year for long released content.

Good try though, i've been submitting /bug & forum reports for years and you have to win the lottery to get a response.

not Quite true...they added bugfixed towards the upstairs boss in HRC...they seem more like bandaids but jeah better than nothing tbh
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »

not Quite true...they added bugfixed towards the upstairs boss in HRC...they seem more like bandaids but jeah better than nothing tbh

Excatly true. This was their one update for vHRC per year.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    With the new change coming in the upcoming Wrathstone DLC making the clones invincible

Fish, what's this now? How will that battle work? You just have to survive until he re-forms?

exactly that crow... they've made the clones in top boss in the next update unkillable but last a shorter time. which in theory sounds like a fix but its the opposite, it'll make things worse cause we have to interrupt twice as much still and we can't reduce their numbers to make it more manageable
    Tanks:
    Healers:
    DPS:

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
  • DRThree
    DRThree
    ✭✭
    HRC has been buggy for quite some time.
    Fix it!
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Read the recent patch notes on PTS, they made it harder.

Edit: nvm you are already aware
    Edited by Dark_in_a_box on January 29, 2019 2:23AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the patch notes. Fun fun fun
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I read the patch notes. Fun fun fun

well its harder, but also not buggy anymore, so its OKey i guess
    they try to prevent ppl form skipping th eboss which is good, since if you cannot beat every boss, you dont deserve the loot form endboss!
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    Update: they added another change to vHRC. I appreciate that they realize its bad in there and want to do something about it but this simply will make things worse.

Hel Ra Citadel

Yokeda Rok'dun and Yokeda Kai now have a linked wipe mechanic. Should either group perish while fighting, the group still engaged will suffer from a Yokeda Storm and perish, forcing both fights to reset.

If top group wipes which they inevitably will with the double meteor and flameshaping, and now unable to kill those adds to stand a fighting chance against that chaos, the bottom will too and the whole trial will have to be reset cause the bottom boss won't respawn. This concerns me greatly not only for my guild which I know will wipe up there but also for some of the guilds out there who do this often. Cause there's a lot of damage going on up there and at the moment only top guilds are able to get through there without wiping once.
    Tanks:
    Healers:
    DPS:

PC/NA