Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: New Cooking Station

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Could we get the 'iron stove' cooking station we see in Morrowind added to the list of possible crafting stations we can get for our homes?
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still hope the stove will be released as a cooking station. I don't mind if it will be 250 vouchers, but just as a decoration is useless and a bit misleading (since many people got used with the one in Vivec for dailies)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we can build a lot of various decorative stoves, but we know the ability to have the stove be interactable is possible for our homes as it already works in game and shouldn't be much extra work.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This the station I am asking about. It's already a useable item in game, so hopefully would be an easy addition.

qh1BKNN.png
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add this and the Redgaurd oven to the Crafting Station skins. The open fire inside my house makes me nervous....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fusharji_Seht
    Fusharji_Seht
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This the station I am asking about. It's already a useable item in game, so hopefully would be an easy addition.

qh1BKNN.png

FYI you're in luck as this exact cooking station has been shown on the latest PTS. There was a thread around here that showed some of the new furniture coming. It's purchased with writs iirc.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Chimenea whether I can cook with it or not and is something I've been looking for for the garden patio.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

qh1BKNN.png

FYI you're in luck as this exact cooking station has been shown on the latest PTS. There was a thread around here that showed some of the new furniture coming. It's purchased with writs iirc.

But not at as provisioning station. You can just turn it on and off, like any other lighting.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I mean it's neat as a decorative furnace, but I'm looking for something to use as a crafting station besides what's already offered.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you shoehorn the "real" cooking station into the belly of the chimenea?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it. My station usually has to be reset everytime I go into my house to use it and it's just sitting on flat floor not close to anything.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea. It's a pity though that the housing devs NEVER take onboard the suggestions from this forum section!
    How many threads now have we seen asking for these same items to be made available as craft stations? But instead, what did they do? They released another open fire craft station and made the Hlaluu stove a functionless furniture item.
    It just beggars belief! Then I read things on Twitter where Jess tells somebody that they have great ideas so they should go share them on the housing forum....
    The cavernous rift between the housing community and whichever dev is responsible for this section of the game is so frustrating.
    I mean, imagine if you were to draw up an excel sheet with every suggestion the community has made on one column and every addition they've made on the other column? Would the match even be 20%??!
    Why continue to release "Luxury" vendor items every week and DLC items every quarter that nobody has asked for and then blatantly ignore the 100's of posts for requested items on this forum.
    I'm sorry for the rant on your thread OP, but the issue of the cooking craft station is a particular trigger for me on this.... I mean, all those suggestions and they do the exact opposite!! :(
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have to worry about me man, you are right on the money.

There are many no brainer ideas posted here that should definitely be put into the game. Not sure why they would miss out on money since some of these would even work as crown items if they really wanted.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Great idea. It's a pity though that the housing devs NEVER take onboard the suggestions from this forum section!
    Almost never, but we do have the firelogs provisioning station. It's only in the New Life Festival furnishing pack, or directly from the crown store when furnishing a home, and it would be nice to have it sold alongside the other crafting stations, just so that everyone can find it.

I see no reason that any of the cooking fires you can use in the game shouldn't become furnishings. There's the Khajiit firepit, that you can get as just lighting, but can't have as a cooking fire. No different situation from the firelogs, which we now have.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Almost never, but we do have the firelogs provisioning station. It's only in the New Life Festival furnishing pack, or directly from the crown store when furnishing a home, and it would be nice to have it sold alongside the other crafting stations, just so that everyone can find it.

I see no reason that any of the cooking fires you can use in the game shouldn't become furnishings. There's the Khajiit firepit, that you can get as just lighting, but can't have as a cooking fire. No different situation from the firelogs, which we now have.

We also have the Redguard Grill that we can craft. I suppose they don't want us to be able to craft provisioning stations, though.

I was excited to see the chiminea, and I will definitely get it to decorate my Dunmer homes, but it's really too bad that it isn't a provisioning station. They could even charge 500 vouchers like the Outfit Station. The dye station for 35 vouchers does the same thing, with the Outfit Station just being a fancier version of it. Not everything has to be locked behind the Crown Store.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 15, 2019 6:47PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double post...ignore
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 15, 2019 6:46PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I was excited to see the chiminea, and I will definitely get it to decorate my Dunmer homes, but it's really too bad that it isn't a provisioning station. They could even charge 500 vouchers like the Outfit Station. The dye station for 35 vouchers does the same thing, with the Outfit Station just being a fancier version of it. Not everything has to be locked behind the Crown Store.
    They spoiled the chiminea for me by making it require Engraving skill, which is dependent on the Summerset Chapter at present. Not being able to use it as a provisioning station is irrelevant if I can't have one at all.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    They spoiled the chiminea for me by making it require Engraving skill, which is dependent on the Summerset Chapter at present. Not being able to use it as a provisioning station is irrelevant if I can't have one at all.

Well that sucks! I had no idea since I have the SS chapter and level 50 engraving. In fact, my crafter is level 50 in all craft skills so I never really look at the requirements, outside of material costs.

ETA: I suspect that when SS becomes a DLC, they will make JC base game, like they did with Battlegrounds. Just a suspicion, since they haven't said anything. I guess they could always spin it off as a separate CS purchase, like the Warden, but because SS cost less than either MW or the upcoming Elsweyr, since it didn't have a class that could be spun off for Crowns later, I think they'll just make it base game.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 12, 2019 3:31PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What category is this stove in? Have they ever released the Redguard oven?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

You can buy the plan from the writ vendor to craft the Stove with Blacksmithing (or buy the plan/stove from guild stores), but you can't use it for provisioning; it's just decorative:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/hlaalu-stove-chiminea/

You can also craft the Redguard Counter, Grill with Woodworking (or buy it from guild stores) but, again, it's just decorative, sadly:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/redguard-counter-grill/
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a dome shaped oven in Redguard inns, kind of looks like a kiln or a pizza oven. Zos should release it.
    Tigerseye wrote: »

You can buy the plan from the writ vendor to craft the Stove with Blacksmithing (or buy the plan/stove from guild stores), but you can't use it for provisioning; it's just decorative:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/hlaalu-stove-chiminea/

You can also craft the Redguard Counter, Grill with Woodworking (or buy it from guild stores) but, again, it's just decorative, sadly:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/redguard-counter-grill/

Thanks!
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a dome shaped oven in Redguard inns, kind of looks like a kiln or a pizza oven. Zos should release it.

The sad thing was, it was on the PTS but like several other pieces (Imperial forge) it just disappeared on live.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new grill in Elsweyr is awesome as well. Would love to have that station as an option too.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this thread - I hope no one minds...

Would it be possible to have a system to the Transmute stations, where we make the stove/anvil/whatever of our furnishing choice, and then buy a 'patch' of some sort from Holis that we then apply to the furnishing to make it a workable crafting station? The patch would cost the same amount of tickets at the crafting stations we have now?

I'd really like working stoves and fires for our houses, and maybe working forges etc would be good to?