The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is a MagDK still harder to play than a StamDK?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My Khajiit Dragonknight has been my most tumultuous character. I can never seem to find the right fit for her. I originally wanted to play Magic cause of all the neat fire abilities, but the sustain was absolutely horrible and I wasn't making any use of the Khajiit passives, so I switched to Stamina and managed to do pretty alright that way, even if I wasn't really using any class skills anymore besides breath and claws. I've done your standard DW & Bow dps builds, a for fun 1H&S & Bow overland build which I REALLY miss after ZOS nerfed most of it. Did a stint of Tanking, and now it's back to the standard dps Build this time using Swamp Raider & Vicious Ophidian. The Rotation is almost uncomfortably simple as all you do is reapply your DoTs and do Heavy Attacks, and because of that plus VO my sustain is a total non issue, that set is amazing at that.

But I still feel nostalgic for a MagDK. I miss using Wall of Flames and Eruption, and that stupid cool Whip as your high damage spammable. My only problem still is I'd go back to the horrible sustain issue, and if I invested in raising my Mag Recovery then my spell damage would suffer, especially on a Khajiit. The recent news that the Race is getting an additional 8% Spell Crit would help, but base damage would still be low.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this depends on where you are playing. Based upon survivability only, MagDK is easier in PVE while StamDL is easier in PVP.

Options