The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Losing the stealthy passive... how to gankblade now?

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So the damage portion of the stealthy passive is going away next patch and I am trying to work out what I want to do with gankblade.

I switch between turbo Incap and onslaught builds but I was testing on the PTS. Onslaught is super 1 dimensional and losing 5K damage or whatever from losing the stealthy passive is probably too much.

Turbo incapping should still work but I noticed that I was doing more damage just spamming snipe than I was with Incap... so I am considering switching to a bow gank or snipe spam jerk.

I am a woodelf so I get a speed and stam regen boost from the passive changes.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    l2p :#
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t gank people without the small damage boost from woodelf then yeah you should prob L2P.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    If you can’t gank people without the small damage boost from woodelf then yeah you should prob L2P.
    This but maybe in a more polite way, if one passive was the crutch for your whole build then there are bigger issues at hand.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not small for Onslaught and it's still noticeable for the other high damage abilities a few thousand damage. Ganking is all about thresholds you need to quickly drop people into execute before they can heal a few thousand is the difference between a kill and you dying.

I have 300 ping its never going to be a fair fight so I don't even try to play fair.

With a shift in my build I worked out I can compensate so that snipe deals similar amounts of damage but it makes my build less versatile. I will be the ultimate snipe spammer :P.

I get more stam and a lot more stam regen from the passive changes I can use infused jewerelly.

Or I can keep with the turbo incap build with bloodspawn
    Edited by Narvuntien on January 27, 2019 8:53AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    It's not small for Onslaught and it's still noticeable for the other high damage abilities a few thousand damage. Ganking is all about thresholds you need to quickly drop people into execute before they can heal a few thousand is the difference between a kill and you dying.

I have 300 ping its never going to be a fair fight so I don't even try to play fair.

With a shift in my build I worked out I can compensate so that snipe deals similar amounts of damage but it makes my build less versatile. I will be the ultimate snipe spammer :P.

I get more stam and a lot more stam regen from the passive changes I can use infused jewerelly.

Or I can keep with the turbo incap build with bloodspawn

A few thousand? A few implies 3k or more. What damage skills are you running that hit 30k? What damage skills are even hitting 20k? And don’t forget in PvP those values are halved. So even if you did manage to reach 20k on an ult + another 2k from the passive that is then halved in PvP so it’s only 1k. I can’t see any situation where you’re losing thousands of damage unless maybe you’re talking about several high damage abilties added up. At any rate ganking is very strong right now and this is a good change.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Onslaught can hit for 30K... although to be honest most people have a bunch of inpen so it doesn't hit that hard unless its midyear mayhem and a bunch of people are in there with pve gear.

Snipe hits for 15K and typically you are trying to hit someone with two in quick succession one to stun one to kill.

I am not exactly complaining, (I understand it's not healthy) just trying to work out how I will change to continue to gank effectively.

My build has been killed 5 times now and I have always came up with a new way to do it
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if building for ganking requires some effort (and I am a Stam canker myself, so little bias here). You literally have to just stack damage. The 10% damage loss is big on paper, but it is not in practice. If you gank with onslaught you will barely notice the difference as only you heavy attack + ambush / dizzy will be affected (in the latter case dizzy will hit a bit lower, but onslaught will still grant you the kill/bring the target in execute range). If you gank with snipe the same thing applies: you always place a light attack before both your incap and your snipe, so only the light attack is affected by the stealthy passive. Don't worry, you will still be able to one shot almost everyone eligible for a gank.
    Edited by Nerftheforums on January 28, 2019 11:00AM