The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for tips for forge hood

Alinhbo_Tyaka
Alinhbo_Tyaka
✭✭✭✭✭
I am trying to put together a small forge in the blacksmithing area of my house. I am using an Orcish Brazier sunk into the floor with the forge bellows for the forge itself. I am planning on using Dwemer pipes, etc for the chimney but have come up blank on what to use as a hood. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ceremonial Redguard Vessel achievement furnishing from Bangkorai would work if you flipped it upside down

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ceremonial-redguard-vessel/

eso-ceremonial-redguard-vassel.jpg?w=802&ssl=1
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was perfect. Thank you.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but hope it may help give some ideas.
    This is what I use for my forge.
    mjbvokvxeean.png
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks nice. Thanks for posting it.

What furnishings did you use to build it?

I don't think it would fit in the basement of the Velothi Reverie. I'm still buying new houses to work on and think it would work well in a dwelling with rectangular rooms and with taller ceilings so will keep it in mind.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured I'd take some shots of what I ended up with. I might make some adjustments to the Orcish Brazier to sink it in a larger pedestal but for now it is good enough. Note the basement crafting area is a work in progress so go easy on me. :D

h8vgfl1md8he.png

9cca75hvquvn.png

n4su6sxgx6o6.png

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks nice. Thanks for posting it.

What furnishings did you use to build it?

I don't think it would fit in the basement of the Velothi Reverie. I'm still buying new houses to work on and think it would work well in a dwelling with rectangular rooms and with taller ceilings so will keep it in mind.

many thanks. I really like your take on a forge as well!
    I used the Redguard Well, covered and Serien's Stand for the structure.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also the new Murkmire kiln sold at the vendor in murkmire. Only thing I didn't love was the opening was a bit narrow to really show off the coals, but it actually would work ok if you lit the inside of it well and put some smoke out of the top and added bellows to the front.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alinhbo_Tyaka very nice, it looks great
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xaraan I forgot about the Murkmire vendors. I'll have to keep the kiln in mind.

@ixie - Thank you.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the little forge I built with the kiln - works great for a simple looking forge, but definitely fancier ways you could go.

7iX3x6P.png
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a dark elf bed of coals and surrounded it with Alinor stone blocks, for my open air forge. Unfortunately they are not cheap, because you need to buy a home with gold to get that item. There are many types of forges in the game, and it is a big shame the devs are so lazy they have not put any of them in the furnishings list.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xaraan That looks good.

@kind_hero I agree it would be nice to have at least couple of options in the game. They could even be some of the simpler forges to give folks a start without having to use multiple furnishings and take up precious housing slots.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't wait. The brazier sunk into the floor just didn't look finished enough so I added two Rough Light Blocks and a Dwarven Pipe Cap. I just wish they had an open ended one. I tried a pipe but it is too long and sticks out the back of the blocks. Where's Ringo when you need his hole in the pocket? I do like this much better.

A couple of shots:

bib9ijmln79m.png

220aqubanlbx.png