The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make ESO Plus more attractive.

danielpang32
danielpang32
✭✭
Eso Plus has been improve from time to time. The craft bag and special discount for crown items are nice touch for the subscription. However, the subscription should provide more enganging activities with the payers.

Took Fortnite as an example, they offer the most attractive subscription plan for their customers. It can be seen successfulless through their money making ability.

They setup a time limited challenge for subscripted player. The non subscripted player can purchase their item directly.

Eso should take reference from fortnite. Providing weekly/ monthly challenges for subscripted player. And also offer an alternative methods for those who has not subscripted.

This helps improving the benefit from subscripting membership. It also adds more reason for player to subscript.

For example, eso can set 4 different ways to complete the challenge (small Pve, big Pve, small Pvp and big Pvp)

Like these:

Finished 5 dungeons and 1 vet in a week.

Finished 2 trials in a week.

Finished 5 battleground and 1 win in a week.

Captured 5 resources and 1 keep in a week.

Task should not be too hard but challenge for casual player.

With regards the rewards, they can be custome, motif, toys, crowns, lootbox, you name it. This make the subscription more engaging, compared to only passive benefit.

Items can also be purchased through direct crown coin payment. For those who do not have time and subscription during the activities.

What do you think???
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good idea, although we kinda already have it but without any challenge. There are free exclusive items in crown store for eso+ subscribers.
    Having that in mind I still think we should be getting something new and better with eso+ like an additional privilege of some sort rather than random item.
  • danielpang32
    danielpang32
    ✭✭
    This is a good idea, although we kinda already have it but without any challenge. There are free exclusive items in crown store for eso+ subscribers.
    Having that in mind I still think we should be getting something new and better with eso+ like an additional privilege of some sort rather than random item.

Privilege, hmmm. I have a very good idea. However, I don’t want it to be subscripted exclusive. It is “talent slot” in wow, it offers a diversity in single character. Now a day, the population of role is imbalance, comparing DPS, tank and healer. Offering second “talent” for swapping could help out the problem a little.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they add a way to exclude DLC dungeons from the Finder, it will be a big improvement for subscribers already, because so far, I'm still inclined to cancel.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion simply adding a furnishing items bag to go along the the crafting bag would make ESO+ quite attractive to many more players.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the free exclusive items are some statues which i dont really care about, and a bunch of "deals" which i also didnt care about
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    In my opinion simply adding a furnishing items bag to go along the the crafting bag would make ESO+ quite attractive to many more players.

And a siege bag
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't selectively buy anything from Fortnite's Battle Pass. You can only buy the Battle Pass to unlock anything your free account has earned enough experience for. I would agree that the Battle Pass offers more value than the daily rotating v-bucks store offerings, but cosmetics are the only real regular Fortnite offering.

Which, like I mentioned yesterday, leads people to assign themselves status through purchases. And we really don't need that here. Play the game because you like the game and not because you need to draw attention to yourself. There are plenty of reach goals in ESO with various titles, skins, and dyes to unlock. But you should also absolutely enjoy the content that comes with those goals, and as the Indrik event schedule wears on it's probably going to become more and more apparent that arbitrary goals for the sake of arbitrary goals make any reward from them feel just as arbitrary.

I like the idea of keeping ESO+ as (story) content and conveniences. Tacking any experience-based grind to it would really only distract from that content and those conveniences, making the sub less attractive to maintain.
    Edited by Acrolas on January 26, 2019 11:11PM
    signing off
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I think ESO plus should be

- bank space 1000
    - character space 300
    - monthly rewards ranging from crowns to motifs
    - 10% more gold and AP buff
    - 5 free crates even tho that's just a money garbber
    - weekly rewards for doing certain objectives in pve/pvp
    - monthly skins

Just examples. Cuz right now the only reason I have ESO plus is the craft bag. Nothing else. Yeah access to the dlc is nice and all but big deal.