The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Night-walkers and Population Imbalance in Cyrodiil Campaign

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After long time; I stepped again into Cyrodiil with Mid Year Mayhem Event, event was quiet nice and I enjoyed Cyrodiil for few weeks.

ZOS is currently doing something good to stop dominating Zerg and Ball Groups. This is simply not enough,

Campaigns are total wrecked due to population imbalance and raiding at night, getting all alliance Scrolls and boosting scores.

ZOS need to either balance Cyrodiil in a way that lower population alliances Keeps/Forts have to be very difficult to take or Score per turn should be tied to population balance.

Current state of Cyrodiil is a bad jolk and playground for some! I will keep update this thread till Campaign finishes.

25-January
WcoUgFL.png

26-January
3PmxYgF.png

29-January
ySk5CcB.png

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 29, 2019 5:00PM
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder to keep the thread on-topic, civil and constructive. If there are any questions please refer to our community rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the score pic you provided it looks like you are already in a very balanced campaign. People live in different time zones and play at different times and I don't think asking Zos to try to regulate that is fair to people that don't play when you play.

Now had you said something about all the people faction swapping to always be on the winning side then I would totally support a Zos solution, but in this case it's I think it's fine.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That actually looks very close campaign scores

On NA Ps4 the campaign is normally a 15k spread on points between first and last place

I think the last three months each faction has won a campaign too
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is not more regulation, it's the same problem all rvr/openworld mmo pvp has had since the concept's inception. More players means more players from a wider variety of timezones, which balances itself out. Your playing a game that barely has a pvp population left, therefore has a tiny non-US primetime pvp population to prevent non-peak tz imbalance. There's 100 more productive things ZOS could do to bring back or attract new pvpers to fix this issue, they've proven they won't or can't do them though. So, stop asking for ridiculous changes and make smarter choices yourself, like play a game run by a dev that cares about your playstyle.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Judging by the score pic you provided it looks like you are already in a very balanced campaign. People live in different time zones and play at different times and I don't think asking Zos to try to regulate that is fair to people that don't play when you play.

Now had you said something about all the people faction swapping to always be on the winning side then I would totally support a Zos solution, but in this case it's I think it's fine.

Its not a very balanced.

EP were 2000 score points behind they chased up in few days.

It was mid year mahem event that all alliances were playing. On every campaign EP stack scrolls and boost score with huge margin.

Every month campaigns are troll, stacking scrolls over night and boost score.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 26, 2019 5:28AM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DC has won the past 2 in Sotha by like 30k each..yet you complain about an actual balanced campaign?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, the first comment on the thread was by a mod...hmmmm, I wonder now what "interesting" stuff I may have missed :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    I think DC has won the past 2 in Sotha by like 30k each..yet you complain about an actual balanced campaign?

Yes I complain; Scroll Stacking and Night walkers taking population imbalance advantage, see screenshot below. They are over night (for hours) making whooping 180 score where nowhere near DC or AD population is.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_GinaBruno where is fair gameplay and balance? #StopUnfairGameplay

3PmxYgF.png
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 26, 2019 8:25AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens every day in Vivec EU also.

AD stack up and just PVDoor Zerg the map, taking every Keep, Resource, Outpost + Scroll.
    Whilst this is happening there is pretty much zero resistance, and even when there is, the 3 or 4 DC / EP are nowhere near enough to stop a full group or more of the Aldmeri-Door-Minions.
    Every hour they get a tonne of points, and then it takes many more hours to get those home keeps and scrolls back. And we all know how difficult it is to win back keeps, when the opposition controls the whole map.

These people do not want to PVP, if they wanted to PVP they would spread out across the factions and fight each other.
    Their only goal is to destroy any semblance of balance in the campaign.
    This becomes completely transparent and obvious during holidays, when those of us who usually work have an opportunity to defend our campaign - and AD always, without fail - gets totally annihilated.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    This happens every day in Vivec EU also.

AD stack up and just PVDoor Zerg the map, taking every Keep, Resource, Outpost + Scroll.
    Whilst this is happening there is pretty much zero resistance, and even when there is, the 3 or 4 DC / EP are nowhere near enough to stop a full group or more of the Aldmeri-Door-Minions.
    Every hour they get a tonne of points, and then it takes many more hours to get those home keeps and scrolls back. And we all know how difficult it is to win back keeps, when the opposition controls the whole map.

These people do not want to PVP, if they wanted to PVP they would spread out across the factions and fight each other.
    Their only goal is to destroy any semblance of balance in the campaign.
    This becomes completely transparent and obvious during holidays, when those of us who usually work have an opportunity to defend our campaign - and AD always, without fail - gets totally annihilated.

Exactly! Cyrodiil campaigns are currently jolk and some #Guilds / groups abusing to win campaigns easily.

I lost my interest and came back with Mid Year Mayhem but again its a big set back!
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in sotha pc eu. Yesterday up until 1 a.m. Ep were pushed back and were 3rd on the campaign score. Now the entire map is red, they have all the scrolls and they are 2nd.
    Edit: And 15 mins later, as I edit this, they went on first. What? You tried your best to get your scrolls back during prime time? Fool, you should have taken them when everyone is sleeping like we do!
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on January 26, 2019 12:34PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After long time; I stepped again into Cyrodiil with Mid Year Mayhem Event, event was quiet nice and I enjoyed Cyrodiil for few weeks.

ZOS is currently doing something good to stop dominating Zerg and Ball Groups. This is simply not enough,

Campaigns are total wrecked due to population imbalance and raiding at night, getting all alliance Scrolls and boosting scores.

ZOS need to either balance Cyrodiil in a way that lower population alliances Keeps/Forts have to be very difficult to take or Score per turn should be tied to population balance.

Current state of Cyrodiil is a bad jolk and playground for some! I will keep update this thread till Campaign finishes.

25-January
    WcoUgFL.png

26-January
    3PmxYgF.png

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Shore experiences the same issues .... but we can atleast get some people from Vevic that will pop in and even stuff out sometimes ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

25-January
    WcoUgFL.png

26-January
    3PmxYgF.png

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Shore experiences the same issues .... but we can atleast get some people from Vevic that will pop in and even stuff out sometimes ....

EP stacking scrolls at night time, defending all the day, pushing emperor and making ton of scores.

Thank You ZOS for unfair game play.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 29, 2019 5:01PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

25-January
    WcoUgFL.png

26-January
    3PmxYgF.png

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

EP stacking scrolls at night time, defending all the day, pushing emperor and making ton of scores.

You do realize that your night time is someone else's day time right? There are Aussie players on PC NA Should they just not play because you aren't on?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

25-January
    WcoUgFL.png

26-January
    3PmxYgF.png

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

You do realize that your night time is someone else's day time right? There are Aussie players on PC NA Should they just not play because you aren't on?

Population imbalance is unfair game-play, this need to be fixed.

You need to see majority of players suffering due to minority players taking advantage.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 29, 2019 5:29PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

Yes I complain; Scroll Stacking and Night walkers taking population imbalance advantage, see screenshot below. They are over night (for hours) making whooping 180 score where nowhere near DC or AD population is.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_GinaBruno where is fair gameplay and balance? #StopUnfairGameplay

3PmxYgF.png

Yeah...I'm sorry OP, but Heimpai is right. It just looks like EP is not lying down anymore and taking a 30k point loss. They are fighting back, and that's a good thing. It would be better if it was all during the same time of day? But that's what happens when you have a 24-7 open server.

Edit: Wait, this is Sotha Sil NA not EU right? If it isn't, then your looking for sympathy in a place that has none (The NA players). Sorry =(
    Edited by Dreyloch on January 29, 2019 10:45PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, one more thing OP. It might help your case if you show the population screen where EP is locked, and the others have 1 bar during this 180 score thing. If the pops are even? then it's your faction's fault. Nothing ZoS can do about that =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Judging by the score pic you provided it looks like you are already in a very balanced campaign.

Or he may be playing in a campaign wich may very well be imbalanced most of the time, just the dominant faction is not the same every time. Heck, Cyrodiil is so badly designed that it is imbalanced most of the time even when it is balanced, because most battles are either total or near total PvD or one-sided slaughters, and most of the rest is ping pong between two unlit keeps.
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Oh, one more thing OP. It might help your case if you show the population screen where EP is locked, and the others have 1 bar during this 180 score thing. If the pops are even? then it's your faction's fault. Nothing ZoS can do about that =/

I am pretty sure 180 score occurs when pops are seemingly even at one bar each, but one faction has, say, 10 man group, while other have 1-2 players each.