The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Game world loads poorly for no discernible reason

RCBsCorner
RCBsCorner
Soul Shriven
For a couple months now, I have had issues loading the game world to the point that the game is essentially unplayable.
I can log in and enter just fine (even if the loading time can be a bit long), but once I'm in the game, a lot of assets and textures either do not load in properly or not at all.

Often my character would not appear which occasionally also meant I could not move him. Recently it has become more and more common for him to just spawn in the ground.
la4n3m6zq3rs.jpg
Other Player Characters also do not load in properly, only appearing as black shapes with placeholder weapons.
NPCs do not appear at all outside of instanced areas, textures and elements of the environment load in poorly or not at all (only appearing after reloading) and interacting with NPCs, doors or crafting stations becomes impossible until reloading.
4yeo6gizrsmf.jpg
j13c8w3iiavw.jpg
jefdi1oy4wnu.jpg
ujvvl7ct9xs4.jpg
ubuc7jp82vvc.jpg
These are the most extreme examples of this happening.
jfee0cvgcany.jpg
qaygob76ytcy.jpg
jdjl6eb23cp7.jpg

In the beginning, using the "reloadui" command fixed a lot of these issues. However, some of the above pictures (specifically those taken within the bank of Alinor) were taken after reloading twice already.
Deleting all of my installed mods (which were not that many) helped alleviate this for a short time, but since then, it has gone back to the way it is now.
At first I thought the error message about the missing file "vcredist_x64.2015.exe" had something to do with it, especially since I struggled with fixing this issue too. But since then I have fixed it, yet the loading issues remain.
I even completely reinstalled ESO on Sunday and again, nothing has really changed since then.

I see no discernible reason for these issues, as I haven't changed anything from the time ESO ran perfectly fine on my computer. No new PC components (especially not since I'm using a laptop), no changes in my internet connection. I have no such issues with other online games, so I have no idea what else to try.
Hopefully, I'm just missing the obvious answer.