Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Elsweyr map

Xarc
Xarc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just asking...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7LdM-jsDyLmaWQUFGa9gSRkdFwTVbcx9G3DVECdXHSYgk_I1y

elswey10.png

1548298845-ffdgdfgfdgfdg.jpg

So, is this only one part of elsweyr for the next chapter ?
@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
"Death is overrated", Xarc
Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
- since april.2014
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like it. It's a little smaller than Summerset and Vvardenfell, but from the looks of it, it also doesn't have huge mountains blocking most of the map.
    I wonder when we will be getting the south of Elsweyr though. It would be too large to be the Q4 DLC unless ZOS says that Q4 will be larger than average because the chapter was smaller or something silly.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, they said in the stream that we would see Tenmar Forest. How's that going to happen?
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    However, they said in the stream that we would see Tenmar Forest. How's that going to happen?

It'll probably be the top half, and then we go to the rest in Q4.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map picture you've got above is from the late third Era, ESO is in the second ERA, which had different borders. Also ESO's zones don't accurately follow later depictions of borders, just remember that Reaper's March is basically like 40% Valenwood, 40% Elsweyr and 20% Cyrodiil later on, it's still its own zone.

A more appropriate name would probably be "The Elder Scrolls Online: Anequina", but from marketing alone, "Elsweyr" is significantly stronger and still associated with this region.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the Year long Season of the Dragon, so i think Q4 will add the Rest as they said we will see all 3 different styles Elsweyr has to offer and the more Jungle Part is done towards Murkmire, at a Skyshard you can actuelly see over the water to Elsweeyr, hm, i have to have a swim with my Argonian
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    It seems like it. It's a little smaller than Summerset and Vvardenfell, but from the looks of it, it also doesn't have huge mountains blocking most of the map.
    I wonder when we will be getting the south of Elsweyr though. It would be too large to be the Q4 DLC unless ZOS says that Q4 will be larger than average because the chapter was smaller or something silly.

You see the huge mountain range in the middle? Pretty sure that's your Red Mountain or Eton Nir for Elsweyr.

And honestly, I doubt we'll ever get the Southern part of Elsweyr represented in the way it should (in its real size and not Murkmire-sized). Q4 zone in Cyrodiil sounds more reasonable than another part of Elsweyr, imho.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 24, 2019 8:24AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    They already said in the stream that the Q4 dlc would be Murkmire-sized.

So maybe three zones in Elsweyr, like on the beta map?
    Edited by Fvh09NL on January 24, 2019 9:12AM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait my pretties wait.....

We will see what is coming, another chunk of it may come with the story DLC in Q4.

Or we might get an extension of the zone like we got in craglorn....we just dont know.

I am glad we didn't get the whole of Elsweyr in one chapter as there should be more content for the country than just one chapters worth. :)

Eventually we are going to get the whole map one day and more....
    Edited by Chaos2088 on January 24, 2019 9:34AM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Saber91
    Saber91
    So when it comes to the DLC does the purchase of Elsywer cover other DLC they may release later on? So if this is only say half a map and they do a Murkmire sized zone to finish 'Elsywer' off, would that be like 'If you own Elsywer you get this for free'. Otherwise, they are charging you twice for the advertised zone?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saber91 wrote: »
    So when it comes to the DLC does the purchase of Elsywer cover other DLC they may release later on? So if this is only say half a map and they do a Murkmire sized zone to finish 'Elsywer' off, would that be like 'If you own Elsywer you get this for free'. Otherwise, they are charging you twice for the advertised zone?

No. They're charging for a chapter called Elsweyr that's contained in the advertised zone. It doesnt matter if it isn't all of Elsweyr, you know what you're getting and can either buy it or not.

Morrowind is only Vvardenfell and not the whole of Morrowind but it's still called Morrowind.
    PS4 EU
  • Saber91
    Saber91
    lillybit wrote: »

No. They're charging for a chapter called Elsweyr that's contained in the advertised zone. It doesnt matter if it isn't all of Elsweyr, you know what you're getting and can either buy it or not.

Morrowind is only Vvardenfell and not the whole of Morrowind but it's still called Morrowind.

Oh thats fine I was just trying to understand what is going on because I am looking to buy it soon.
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    The map picture you've got above is from the late third Era, ESO is in the second ERA, which had different borders. Also ESO's zones don't accurately follow later depictions of borders, just remember that Reaper's March is basically like 40% Valenwood, 40% Elsweyr and 20% Cyrodiil later on, it's still its own zone.

A more appropriate name would probably be "The Elder Scrolls Online: Anequina", but from marketing alone, "Elsweyr" is significantly stronger and still associated with this region.

This exactly! Same was the situation with Morrowind. I think the zone will be named Anequina (despite the twitch picture with the zone) as Morrowind chapter zone was named Vvardenfell. (Also Anequina is a much less known name as Vvardefell so I think that is why they didn't mentioned the name in the announcement)

They did the same advertising as back as TES III: Morrowind, in Arena and Daggerfall Morrowind's borthers was established yet the game was set only in Vvardefell.

Also they said Q4 will be the same as Murkmire which is not enough to cover the remaining land, That said I'm glad as more land+same amount of developing time=less content, and it would be barren as hell, also if they make the rest of Elsweyr later it will be more varid (more assets).
    Edited by NeroBad on January 24, 2019 10:24AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously, the forest is bigger so that it coverers most of southern Elsewyr we will get just the edge in this map.

Maybe we will get a much much larger Q4 DLC (wrothgar sized?) because they can reuse assets from elseweyr instead of having to make new ones like clockwork and murkmire which were very different than their respective chapters.
    Edited by Narvuntien on January 24, 2019 10:24AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is everybody thinking that Q4 wil be in any way conneted to Elseweyr? It will be about dragons yes, but I guess in the chapter we will deal with them in Elseweyr for good, so it is more likely that Q4 will be about anything EXCEPT Elseweyr. Dragon returned to their ancestors in skyrim? Or finally took their part in Cyrodiil war? You can only guess
    Rawr
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The Chapter does not contain any of the DLCs coming later in that regard.
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Obviously, the forest is bigger so that it coverers most of southern Elsewyr we will get just the edge in this map.

Maybe we will get a much much larger Q4 DLC (wrothgar sized?) because they can reuse assets from elseweyr instead of having to make new ones like clockwork and murkmire which were very different than their respective chapters.

We won't, they already said the Q4/19 DLC will have a similar size to Murkmire.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 24, 2019 11:09AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Why is everybody thinking that Q4 wil be in any way conneted to Elseweyr? It will be about dragons yes, but I guess in the chapter we will deal with them in Elseweyr for good, so it is more likely that Q4 will be about anything EXCEPT Elseweyr. Dragon returned to their ancestors in skyrim? Or finally took their part in Cyrodiil war? You can only guess

With Tharn trying to end the Three Banner War a zone in Cyrodiil is reasonable. If we don't have some Daedric interaction I'd say a small outlying part of Cyrodiil in the North or West of Elsweyr is the best guess:

1200px-Map_Tamriel.png?version=ee6a03188edc4448f18243fdc8873fe4
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »

You'll be able to see it, wont be able to go there or do anything in it but you'll be able to see it...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im telling you the 2nd part will be the dlc ;D