The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove CP pvp.

coj901
coj901
✭✭✭
easier to balance and less lag. Everyone wins. You can still use your CP that you "earned" in PvE. CP pvp is super boring anyways.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, I like CP PVP.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't want CP enabled PvP, there's this campaign you can join. However it's mostly empty and dead because 90% of the PvPers want to use the CP they've earned.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These posts are always a cry for a larger population in no-CP
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if we earned all of our CP in PvP?

Also NA Ps4 no Cp campaigns have maybe 1 bar total if that daily.

I wonder if it even get 9 full bars ( 3 of ea alliance) over the time of a month
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Even though many more people want to play it. Translation: "Just make my preference the only option".
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha Sil.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP is like nicotine it keeps people playing. If I have to fight at a CP disadvantage idc as long as I have battles to fight. I'm not into the pvd thing.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speak for yourself.
    EU | PC
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it is going to happen but I read in the PTS notes that they are looking what to do with CP. They will not be removed because that will cause uproar but they may implement some sort of change.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Remove coj901.
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    CP PVP remove is wrong idea, just developers should do balans int this game only for NO CP spec. And give us simple choice for NO CP or CP dueling.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coj901 wrote: »
    easier to balance and less lag. Everyone wins. You can still use your CP that you "earned" in PvE. CP pvp is super boring anyways.

Go to Sotha, it’s a lot easier anyways
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just play in Sotha Sil and until you get your CP up enough then join us in one of the CP campaigns. It’s a grind, but you’ll get there.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude, no one wants to come play with you guys in your gimped campaign. Quit trying to force us.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need to keep both flavours!
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2/10 at trolling
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that a Dev confirmed Champion Points help cause lag and we should therefore encourage changes that remove any extraneous calculations from hitting the server.
    More players means more server calculations; that is 100% correct. However the key variable in all these scenarios is how much information is being calculated on a character by character basis depending on abilities being used, passives, armor sets, etc. This is why population is not as big a factor compared to what's being calculated on a character by character basis within that population. Let's take an example of a typical armor setup now a days.

A player wearing Viper, Velidreth, and Red Mountain doing a single heavy attack costs the server 3 times as much as a player doing Heavy attack without those sets because of calculating whether to proc those 3 sets or not. Even when a proc is on cooldown, the server needs to check per attack if the cooldown is done yet, which means every attack it checks whether it can fire or not based on either percentage, cooldown, or other situations. Factor in Champion Point passives, class passives, weapon passives and whatever temporary passive bonuses from potions, and you add to those calculations per attack/being attacked. In campaigns like Blackwater Blade and Azura, there are simply less things to calculate even when they have higher population than Trueflame.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that a Dev confirmed Champion Points help cause lag and we should therefore encourage changes that remove any extraneous calculations from hitting the server.
    More players means more server calculations; that is 100% correct. However the key variable in all these scenarios is how much information is being calculated on a character by character basis depending on abilities being used, passives, armor sets, etc. This is why population is not as big a factor compared to what's being calculated on a character by character basis within that population. Let's take an example of a typical armor setup now a days.

A player wearing Viper, Velidreth, and Red Mountain doing a single heavy attack costs the server 3 times as much as a player doing Heavy attack without those sets because of calculating whether to proc those 3 sets or not. Even when a proc is on cooldown, the server needs to check per attack if the cooldown is done yet, which means every attack it checks whether it can fire or not based on either percentage, cooldown, or other situations. Factor in Champion Point passives, class passives, weapon passives and whatever temporary passive bonuses from potions, and you add to those calculations per attack/being attacked. In campaigns like Blackwater Blade and Azura, there are simply less things to calculate even when they have higher population than Trueflame.

Proc sets also contribute to lag, and yet zos keeps adding more...
    I'd rather they eliminate these sets first.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove all pvp and call it a day. PvE Cyrodiil!!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also remove all sets and abilities,ppl stay in keeps,others attack we (the inside) kill em all with oil
    then we go to attack their keep,they kill us -again with oil

this crap with CP whiners on over every forum section must end

dont have cp?go play to non cp campaign
    dont have enough cp?play more to reach cp cap or play with a group or dont play at all
    some ppl earn their cp very hard and by playing many hours,why punish them?

its like i log into fallout-im only L31 and start whining cause i get 1 shoted

just stop
    Edited by method__01 on January 26, 2019 3:06AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you care go play Sotha if you don’t like it or BGs. BGs is totally balanced you’ll love it.

Enough with these I get rekt in CP therefore remove it threads.
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

Just play in Sotha Sil and until you get your CP up enough then join us in one of the CP campaigns. It’s a grind, but you’ll get there.

Everyone says no CP is more balanced but it’s really not. People are just less tanky overall but there’s a pretty good reason why you rarely see any solo or small scale gameplay from no CP campaigns anymore. Group damage remains absurdly high and people can still be tanky and now worth all the snares it’s really impossible. CP actually is one of the few things that allows you to play solo still. I think a lot of people who complain about CP jsut do so after losing in CP blaming it on their CP level but don’t try no CP to an adequate extent.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 26, 2019 3:11AM
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    also remove all sets and abilities,ppl stay in keeps,others attack we (the inside) kill em all with oil

dont have enough cp?play more to reach cp cap or play with a group or dont play at all

just stop

No one has "earned" anything. This is a videogame.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

just stop

No one has "earned" anything. This is a videogame.

lol tell that to farmers lol
    Yes these people have earned CP just like you earn your Rank in PVP ...

I have enjoy non CP but I also enjoy CP PVP on shore ... RIght now Im not a fan of NON CP due to balance issue with bleeds and dot stacking in NON CP .... I understand the arguments for NON CP but the problem for ZOS is simple the vast percentage of the population will stop logging in with out some type of advancement or charactory building ....

The vast majority of this game wants CP in consol NON CP is dead ... YOu would lose 3/4 of whats left of the PVP population if you take it out of the game ... In a MMORPG for many people CP offers a way for people to continue to improve thier charactors if you take that away that is vital to the endgame right now.. CP also allows builds that much more creative then on non CP which currently is very DOT HEAVY ...My non CP build is DK dot build stupid easy to kill people much easier then on CP but take much less skill IMO apply my 9 dots and fossilize then reapply nothing to it ...... Leveling is stupid easy currently in this game virtually no grind to get to 50 to PVP especially for a stam class that does not have to get Mages Guild.... the CP grind is also very quick

Non CP players are a minority in this game even in PC last night for example
    across all platforms NON CP was dead except Sothil Sil NA PC so lets look at that

Vevic Lockout extremely high Q times .... Shore was locked with 15 to 20 in the Q ..... and Sothil Sil was locked
    So even on NA PC Non CP PVP is a Minority ...

Curretly NON CP has its own server and BG's if you like more of a arena style of PVP ... Currently there is no version of CP BG's so right be happy with what NON CP is but most of us still want the option of CP PVP or some system that is similar to it ...

Im not a fan of CP in its current form but there has to some form of advancement in this game to continue forward ...

Edited by Durham on January 26, 2019 3:39PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should keep CP PvP but make things more interesting. Make a CP campaign that is competitive. Have an option to vote to remove players that just don't belong there. Not saying they cant PvP, just let them PvP with like minded players, create another campaign for players that just like to circle jerk each other and zone pvp.

Vote to kick option should be the person who gets a certain number of votes and then they removed from the campaign for 30 days or when the campaign resets.

Edited by vamp_emily on January 26, 2019 3:48PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    When CP has a lower population than non-CP I'll eat my words. Until then good luck.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a none cp campaign ... Go enjoy it your way ehybtgd redtbif us enjoy it our way
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

Mmmm, no proc sets, and eliminate the cancer of CC chaining. Straight dmg/dmg mitigation skills and teamwork required. Maybe scale armor so it scales off health and that could actually be hellafun!