The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Player starting with Morrowind

LegoAddict
LegoAddict
Soul Shriven
Hi guys,

I've been trying to read a lot about this game on my own but have hit a part where I'm a little confused. I know that you can get much more skill points by doing all the content. My question is, is there a specific (or more efficient) way of going about the game with just Morrowind (will buy the other one eventually) in order to get all the skill points I can?

I've started at Seyda Neen after doing the intro quest. Should I just continue here or go elsewhere? Templar lvl 4 altmer.

Thanks!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main ways are as follows.

Main Story Quests.
    Main Zone Quests.
    Skyshards (every 3).
    First time completing each dungeon story.

Side quests don't normally net you any SP. If you just focus on playing the game you should get enough SP as you go without needing to farm it too much, you get more SP on each 10th level as well I believe so it's not always one per level.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started in Morrowind, too. My advice, buy the cheap apartments in other zones that are open to you, use those to port to those zones, and start with the content there. Or you can use the boats in the harbor. Alik'r Desert and Deshaan come to mind. Auridon was super-easy, too, and had sensibly-located wayshrines. I felt the early-game content was much easier there then it was in Morrowind.

You don't have to do the quests in order, nothing will get screwed up, unless you are a lore junkie. There is the same number of quests, give or take, in every major zone. The more compact and older areas are easier and quicker to get skill points through overland quests and skyshards.

Vvardenfell had a lot of spread-out content and annoying terrain, especially for a new player who is unfamiliar with how the game works. To compound the issue, a lot of quests you get in Vivec City are geared towards having you explore the island, so they will have you fetch things from the furthest reaches. And the final straw was that new players do not have speedy mounts to cut that travel time or avoid the glut of critters that seem to attack you around every turn. I STILL hate those stupid Nix-hounds.
  • LegoAddict
    LegoAddict
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys!

So I will go to a starting zone that is open to me and not worry about what order I do it in. Got it!
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting to Cyrodiil (player vs player) when at level 10, each PvP level will give you a skillpoint too. First few levels can be gained relatively fast. That is, if you fancy a lil PvP ofcourse.