The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep geometry changing spontaneously

Shalktonin
Shalktonin
✭✭✭
January 21st In Sotha campaign we had AD hitting Glademist several times after they were pushed back several of us began setting out to repair the walls. At one point the walls along the west side were all repaired when something strange happened . I went out of the keep to help chase down some AD folks who were killed and went back to Glademist, upon returning i noticed that the postern platform had been missed in the repairs so i stood outside and repaired it for a minute and when i used the postern door and ported ni for a second i was in the keep and tehn i got a loading screen for a split second or two.

When the load screen was finished i looked up and the postern platform was gone. The door was still there i could use the door but the wall now looked like any other wall peice on the catwalk. No platform whatsoever. it had disappeared. I though ok maybe I'm just losing it and there never was one. All the wall segments on the west side now showed 100% and i figured my work was done so i headed to the inner keep postern. Where i noticed that it was 80% i then started repairing that inner postern, at which point when i hit 100% i got a loading screen again. I then turned around to head back out of the keep and the entire west wall had been reduced to 75% and the postern platform was back.

There was no time for anyone to have seiged the entire west wall of glademist in the 4 minutes my back was turned working on the inner postern.

Is this a known bug? has anyone else observed this?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a feature! Things like this happen sometimes. Just like doors dissapearing and keep walls popping out of the ethereal worlds when you ride up on them

Probably a combination of latency and lag along with weird world building.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    okay, i hope to god this is a serious post, because its actually kinda cute. what your describing sounds alot like a keep "downgrading" and "upgrading" due to control of resources. the platform disappearing was probably the walls losing a level. and the walls all going to ~75% sounds like they GAINED a level. don't look at the walls % health, look at their numerical health.

i'm surprised yodased didn't think of this..
  • Shalktonin
    Shalktonin
    ✭✭✭
    okay, i hope to god this is a serious post, because its actually kinda cute. what your describing sounds alot like a keep "downgrading" and "upgrading" due to control of resources. the platform disappearing was probably the walls losing a level. and the walls all going to ~75% sounds like they GAINED a level. don't look at the walls % health, look at their numerical health.

i'm surprised yodased didn't think of this..

oh ok , i had not realized that keeps actually leveled i thoguht that was old information. and that makes a lot of sense if that was the case.