The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deadly Strike PTS?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tested this set on a Stam Dk or possibly even a Stam Sorc yet? Only reason I'm not too sure on Stam Sorc is because I'm not sure if Hurricane counts as a DoT or DD.

Deadly Strike 2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage 3 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical 4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage 5 – Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease damage over time abilities do by 14%.
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane is a dot. But honestly I think they need to rethink this before it goes live. We already know how sets like this end up performing. They just nerfed axe bleeds by 12% and then they pass out a set that buffs bleeds and other dots by 15%. Okay, so we’re nerfing something that was presumably OP, and then giving it back even more OP? I’m real confused. I guarantee this set willl be the next nerf target if it goes live.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Hurricane is a dot. But honestly I think they need to rethink this before it goes live. We already know how sets like this end up performing. They just nerfed axe bleeds by 12% and then they pass out a set that buffs bleeds and other dots by 15%. Okay, so we’re nerfing something that was presumably OP, and then giving it back even more OP? I’m real confused. I guarantee this set willl be the next nerf target if it goes live.

I'm just curious from a stam dps standpoint. But you may be right. May end up being broken in PvP

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of the set simply based on what the 5th bonus does as bleeds is already prevalent in PvP and this further removes any form of unique play in PvE content as it's always the same DW/Bow with DoT and nothing else.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko

You have to keep in mind that bleed builds are most likely already using the blood drinker set, which boosts bleeds by 20%. In order to get those 14%, the need to give up 5 item slots. If you have a dot build that also uses other dots among bleeds, you'd most likely be switching Blood drinker for this set and not your other 5piece set. Similarly, if you have a build centered around bleeds only, you'd be better off keeping your savage werewolf with blood drinker as getting an extra source of bleed most likely outperforms +14% of what you have without it.
    Poison etc have more counter play than bleed, so I don't mind those getting a boost. Might even make werewolfs nervous about something.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 23, 2019 2:52AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Not a fan of the set simply based on what the 5th bonus does as bleeds is already prevalent in PvP and this further removes any form of unique play in PvE content as it's always the same DW/Bow with DoT and nothing else.

I mean the meta has always been dw and bow. Gotta get used to it bud. Besides the 2, 3 and 4 pc bonuses are still good

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @Vapirko

You have to keep in mind that bleed builds are most likely already using the blood drinker set, which boosts bleeds by 20%. In order to get those 14%, the need to give up 5 item slots. If you have a dot build that also uses other dots among bleeds, you'd most likely be switching Blood drinker for this set and not your other 5piece set. Similarly, if you have a build centered around bleeds only, you'd be better off keeping your savage werewolf with blood drinker as getting and extra source of bleed most likely outperforms +14% of what you have without it.
    Poison etc have more counter play than bleed, so I don't mind those getting a boost. Might even make werewolfs nervous about something.

We shall see. I could see a dot stamina DK build being very strong with this and something like Fury or 7th in heavy armor especially if they back bar master DW. Might be only good 1v1 though. Certainly vs a templar it would be severely limited. This would also buff the DBoS ticks. You might be right it could be just oaky, I might jump on PTS and test it. Bloodrinker is much less popular than first thought.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deadly Strikes
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease damage over time abilities do by 14%

Blooddrinker
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5) Increases the damage you deal with bleed damage over time effects by 20%.

Once Deadly Strikes goes live , I will delete my Blooddrinker lol
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    14% more dot damage is still trash. I don't know what the big deal is. Curse Eater, and Buffer of the Swift, now that's a different story.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea agreed. This caught my eye aswell. Bleeds being brokenly strong for months now, ok lets nerf it, but at the same time provide a buff to it aswell. Hmm wut? 🤪

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I managed to test it on my stam dk yesterday

On my stamdk it outperformed AY by 1-2k...but due to my really bad connection to the pts everything was so clunky that I missed out on atleast 3-4k DPS.

And getting your hands on to 2 daggers seems to be near impossible as its in the lootboxes...I was lucky to get 2 swords after I spend 12-15million AP (was just creating chars and looting boxes for 1 hr)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please double check that when you rework certain sets, that they are on the templates, cause deadly strike is not!
    Or atleast dropp AP prices on pts to 1 AP/Box...so that we do not have to create multiple chars to get the set we wana test
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 23, 2019 6:37AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly strikes + swamp raider + morag tong (someone else using) sounds stronk on paper.

Anyone care to test?
    Edited by Blackbird_V on January 23, 2019 6:50AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly strikes + swamp raider + morag tong (someone else using) sounds stronk on paper.

Anyone care to test?

is this combo meant for PVE or PVP?

For PVE I would recommend for a stamDK Deadly Strike, Relequen, vMA DW and vMA Bow.
    the Crit you'll loose from dropping AY, can be compensated a Bit by using 2 vMA Daggers, and beeing a Kahjit.

It is sustainable as a Kahijt, since I tested deadly strike on a kahjit on pts, with group support sustain gets even easier.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set wont be any better than blooddrinker and that set is already not worth running, the only class with enough dots that could benefit from this is stamdk and stamdk has wayyyyy better sets like fury that will give its dots almost as much dmg but also buff all its other damage and healing. Nothing to worry about here.

Could be really strong in pve tho.
    Edited by Trancestor on January 23, 2019 7:11AM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone care to test?

is this combo meant for PVE or PVP?

For PVE I would recommend for a stamDK Deadly Strike, Relequen, vMA DW and vMA Bow.
    the Crit you'll loose from dropping AY, can be compensated a Bit by using 2 vMA Daggers, and beeing a Kahjit.

It is sustainable as a Kahijt, since I tested deadly strike on a kahjit on pts, with group support sustain gets even easier.

PvE memes and *** meta setup
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see it staying like that between now and release.

With the changes to Deadly Strike bringing it from a 3pc set to a full 5pc set, I wonder if @ZOS_BrianWheeler and the rest of the team are going to make changes to the remaining 3pc sets.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    This set wont be any better than blooddrinker and that set is already not worth running, the only class with enough dots that could benefit from this is stamdk and stamdk has wayyyyy better sets like fury that will give its dots almost as much dmg but also buff all its other damage and healing. Nothing to worry about here.

If Stamplars jabs counts as a DoT. It could be very good for them

• TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Anybody know where this set is?

I cannot find the set in my inventory (on PTS)

Maybe is in wrong box?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody know where this set is?

I cannot find the set in my inventory (on PTS)

Maybe is in wrong box?

It is not in any box on PTS, you need to buy the set parts in cyrodiil for AP.
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    Trancestor wrote: »

If Stamplars jabs counts as a DoT. It could be very good for them

Stamplar's jabs count as dot.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is basically a lesser blooddrinker as far as bleed setups are concerned.

If you're fine with blooddrinker then complaining about this set can only be explained as bias.. Yes this will be better than BT on stamDk and stamplar and thats onky fair considering stamblade and stamsorc go almost purely bleeds when they want a dot build.

Since the 5th piece doesn't give you any healing it won't be as problematic as some other sets but surely it can be combined with seventh on Dk or ravager on stamplar for a very solid duel/bg build.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 25, 2019 8:29AM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is basically a lesser blooddrinker as far as bleed setups are concerned.

If you're fine with blooddrinker then complaining about this set can only be explained as bias.. Yes this will be better than BT on stamDk and stamplar and thats onky fair considering stamblade and stamsorc go almost purely bleeds when they want a dot build.

Since the 5th piece doesn't give you any healing it won't be as problematic as some other sets but surely it can be combined with seventh on Dk or ravager on stamplar for a very solid duel/bg build.

I mean this was mostly from a PvE standpoint when I was asking

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just curious from a stam dps standpoint. But you may be right. May end up being broken in PvP

Broken? This set will be 10x worse than the Viper's Sting Debacle.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone care to test?

When I tested swamp raider I was really disappointed, damage was really bad compared to the usual Stam Setup.

And let's be honest his setup would be more likely good IF you have at least 2-3 stamina dks in your group, otherwise morag tong is not worth it in my opinion either. Have to agree tho the deadly strike seems to be stronk af gotta test it today on pts to be sure.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    How does deadly strike perform in comparison with the Morag Tong set?
    I use the Viper set on my stam dk and poison weapon enchanments. Will the 14% dot damage increase be highter than the 10% bonus to all poison damages?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharonil wrote: »
    How does deadly strike perform in comparison with the Morag Tong set?
    I use the Viper set on my stam dk and poison weapon enchanments. Will the 14% dot damage increase be highter than the 10% bonus to all poison damages?

well that depends, directdmg poison hits will still benefit only from morag tong, but the DOTS will all benefit more from Deadly Strike

Deadly strike may become BIS on stamDK's in PVE ,...in PVP with the reworked Curseeater I dont see stamDK to be in a great spot overall tbh
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 29, 2019 9:57AM
    PC EU

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGTi4KUeLw

Great video with varies testing. Looks to be pretty good and viable vs. Advancing Yokeda.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly strike may become BIS on stamDK's in PVE ,...in PVP with the reworked Curseeater I dont see stamDK to be in a great spot overall tbh
    We'll see about that. There are parses showing that Berserking Warrior is still pretty strong. Also there's Scavenging Demise, which might be a good set for one Stam DPS in the raid group. When you have a Stam DK anyway, DK would be the perfect fit for that set, wouldn't it? You can reach very high uptimes on minor vulnerability.
    In PVP, I guess it depends. Probably Durok's Bane + Deadly Strike? But when everyone wears Curse Eater, I don't know if Deadly Strike will be really so strong?? It will probably be worn mostly by solos/smallscalers/gankers? It doesn't add so much when you are in a big group. For gankers I wonder if Spriggan's wouldn't still be stronger. I always forget the formulas. Will test it when it's time for EU PTS.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on January 29, 2019 10:17AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean the meta has always been dw and bow. Gotta get used to it bud. Besides the 2, 3 and 4 pc bonuses are still good

bleedmeta was master's axes dw+2h. 4 sourses of bleed with at the same time most relevant access to healing or snare immunity or..a lot of options. and u could use bloodrinker for bleedboost or another options.
    dw+bow - no, srry, only vs new players.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »

bleedmeta was master's axes dw+2h. 4 sourses of bleed with at the same time most relevant access to healing or snare immunity or..a lot of options. and u could use bloodrinker for bleedboost or another options.

Context suggests that @Ohhgrizyyy likely meant PvE damage meta.

I'm eager to test Deadly Strikes, but seems like they're not in PTS boxes, yup.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 29, 2019 1:11PM
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »

Context suggests that @Ohhgrizyyy likely meant PvE damage meta.

I'm eager to test Deadly Strikes, but seems like they're not in PTS boxes, yup.

People have tested it now, Its in AP boxes. Basically it slightly out performs AY and I do mean slightly but the source I use on YouTube who uploads alot of these kinda testing videos said that he thinks AY will still most likely outperform it if your group has good Major Force uptime. And yes he tested it on a Stam DK

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested this set on a Stam Dk or possibly even a Stam Sorc yet? Only reason I'm not too sure on Stam Sorc is because I'm not sure if Hurricane counts as a DoT or DD.

Deadly Strike 2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage 3 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical 4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage 5 – Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease damage over time abilities do by 14%.

I tested this on PTS with my Stam Sorc.

I don’t have any fancy charts or graphics to show, but I found it was pretty much on par with Automaton. Depending on crit RNG, Automaron did better.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 29, 2019 1:23PM