The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How I would (re)design the racial abilities

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
To whom it may concern,

With the upcoming racial changes I thought I would toss my hat in and express how I would personally design the new racial abilities.

I think the main issue with the races as they now stand, and with the proposed changes, is that the races themselves suggest a type of build. Some races give bonuses to stamina abilities and others to magica. Players who want to go directly against the grain of these “stereotype class/race combos” are at a severe disadvantage.

The changes I propose directly address the middle tier race abilities (the ones that directly mention stamina or magica), as these seem to be the main culprit in effecting class builds.

Currently the proposed changes read something like this;

Gain (z amount) Spell Resistance and (x amount) Magicka Recovery.

And;

Reduces the Stamina cost of your abilities by (y)%.

I propose that they be changed to something along the lines of;

Gain (z amount) Spell Resistance and (x amount) Magicka/Stamina (which ever is higher, favoring magicka) Recovery.

And;

Reduces the Magicka/Stamina (which ever is higher, favoring stamina) cost of your abilities by (y)%.

In both of these examples the “which ever is higher” is determined purely on the amount of points the player has allocated to it. If they placed more points into stamina, then the bonus effects only stamina, etc.
If the player has placed an equal amount into both, then the “favoring” line steps in to break the tie.
Players will not be able to get the bonuses to both on the same character.

I think these changes will help diversify the race builds. Spell casting nords and kahjit, and bow wielding altmer and Bretons will be viable.

Thank you for your time.

Notes:
1) I am currently on vacation on a cruise ship and my internet time is limited and precious. If these changes were already suggested, my apologies.

2) I am writing this on my phone and then copy/pasting it into the forums, so spelling and format is a bit of a challenge. Again I apologize.

3) The only reason I am hanging around these forums and not out having a good time is because of how annoyed I am about bosmers losing their stealth bonus and having it replaced with a PvP only stealth detection. Please change this back to a stealth bonus. (I don’t care about the bonus damage or roll, I just like my bosmers to be able to hide effectively).
Edited by BlueRaven on January 22, 2019 2:44PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage wise the changes appear to be very good and balanced.

Well as a bosmer gankblade I am annoyed at losing the stealthy passive... I will consider a race change if it goes live.. but bosmer has a lot of stamina regen.