The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Expired mail?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I logged in after three months. I obviously got kicked from the trading guilds meanwhile, and when I checked the tons of mail I got, there are all the expired sales, only... there are no attachments! What's going on? There are pricy motifs! Is it all gone?!
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The attachments get deleted / returned to the sender when the mail expires after 30 days.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm screwed. That's just awesome.
    Instead of the items simply being automatically transferred to your inventory, they get deleted. That surely is a reason to start playing again :/
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try sending in a customer support ticket, they may be able to help you.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, I would if the support part of the website worked. It asks me to log in, but the log in button doesn't work (tried two browsers).
    This is hillarious.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try sending in a support ticket through the game, not the website. o:
    pc na | trash tier
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disable your adblocker may let you log in
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean thats *** but you shouldn't quit the game while you have pricey *** in trader. It literally tells you mail will expire in 30 days.
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    I mean thats *** but you shouldn't quit the game while you have pricey *** in trader. It literally tells you mail will expire in 30 days.
    I never really looked at that stuff, so I never knew mail can actually expire :(
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I never really looked at that stuff, so I never knew mail can actually expire :(

Well, that part is on you - but hopefully you can get in to send a ticket. They may be able to return your items (if they feel generous).
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the expiration field in the mail UI says that the mail will expire, but that's not quite correct. The mail message says "An item you listed expired. ITEMLINK. Attached is the item." That's it. If you take a long break, the item is not there. But the mail itself never expires. I've returned after 3 years, got a bunch of these mails, their expiration field says "expires in <1 day", but they just won't disappear until manually deleted.

Contrast this with mail you receive when you buy something in a guild store. It explicitly says "items not retrieved within 30 days will be deleted". That's a fair warning. Mail from an expired sale listing doesn't contain this warning.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

Well, the expiration field in the mail UI says that the mail will expire, but that's not quite correct. The mail message says "An item you listed expired. ITEMLINK. Attached is the item." That's it. If you take a long break, the item is not there. But the mail itself never expires. I've returned after 3 years, got a bunch of these mails, their expiration field says "expires in <1 day", but they just won't disappear until manually deleted.

Contrast this with mail you receive when you buy something in a guild store. It explicitly says "items not retrieved within 30 days will be deleted". That's a fair warning. Mail from an expired sale listing doesn't contain this warning.

Great bit of information here! This may just be the "in" you need to get your items back. If the warning is not there on returned sale listings, you have a great argument for having your items returned to you.

Again, best of luck!