The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc mains, do you like pets?

Urvoth
Urvoth
✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc mains, do you like pets? 360 votes

Yes
40%
ImryllSirAndyCaligamy_ESOotis67DarcyMardinMalnutritiondeLioncourtSkuaWuffyCeruleiFaulgorAimoraAnnulielSapphire_Lilyniawrathb16_ESOzariaAlsarothJasonSilverSpringphaneub17_ESOrosendoichinoveb17_ESOadriant1978 145 votes
No
50%
fastolfv_ESOSolarikenYolokin_SwagonbornDoctor_Zeusscalitrumanb14_ESOdannymcgr81b14_ESOGlassHalfFullKovaAzuryaIruil_ESOSvidrirAlienSlofmattaeus01b16_ESOAurielleSalzoranitajoneb17_ESOkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOkickback120ub17_ESOCastanamereShagreth 181 votes
Other
9%
Donnasnowheart_ESOitsfatbassArrodisiaDracanestarkerealmLinaleahBlkadrInvictusApolloDerraEmma_OverloadDefiltedRobDaCoolRebornV3xAlboMaleficaOhtimbarLuigi_VampaSinolaiFrancisCrawfordLeechedTsar_Gekkou 34 votes
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Personally, I think they're annoying to use and not worth double barring. I'd honestly love to see them removed or reworked to be temporary summons that do something and then go away, similar to the warden netch and the upcoming necromancer skills.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I think most sorcs would want them to be summoned like they are now, have a duration for summon, and take one bar instead of two. In PvP, every bar slot counts and using two for a pet is ridiculous for what it offers. I honestly never use pets except on a troll build proc set build in PvP or for scamp to pulse at breech :D
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    How about u let the actuall pet sorc worry about what they want
    Geeeze
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They require two bars so no
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 22, 2019 6:31AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ironic that a few people wanted sorc pets and they retooled an entire class to only be functional with them, really wonder what they want sorcs to be after the pts notes other than a mediocre pve pet class
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, its so obvious they want us to use them though, they buff them every patch but ive always been a pet less sorc, having it be on both bars sucks. I agree they should make it like the warden netch and have it up temporary until recast. But im trying it this patch so i gotta practice the rotation now.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I use pets now when I need to do solo something more difficult than usual overland content (like dungeons or world bosses - they are good to imitate group), but I prefer not to slot them. 2 pets on both bars leaves too few slots free.

AND KEEP THOSE PETS AWAY FROM TOWNS! AND BEARS TOO!
    Ahem, sorry, out of topic...
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    1. I liked pet as a tanks.
    2. Two skill slots per pet? Meh...
    3. Poor commands
    4. No HP bar for pets :(
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    I use pets now when I need to do solo something more difficult than usual overland content (like dungeons or world bosses - they are good to imitate group), but I prefer not to slot them. 2 pets on both bars leaves too few slots free.

AND KEEP THOSE PETS AWAY FROM TOWNS! AND BEARS TOO!
    Ahem, sorry, out of topic...

:D
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i like scamp, use both though. Incredibly dumb and easy rotation, but not that boring as werewolf. 35-40k dps with guild store (BoE) gear. Infinite loading screen sustain, cuz heavy attacks. Strong emergency healing.

Also, you can troll your group by activating biggest non combat pet and summon a merchant )
  • Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I meant to vote "Other" because I would like pets if there were more interesting options. The scamp and matriarch are so bland and the matriarch's flapping wings are so big and annoying. If we could summon other lesser daedra or at least have skins for the current summons that would be great. The game already has plenty of daedric creatures and atronaches and scamp skins (stonefire and magma scamp non-combat pets) to use. That's part of why I want spellcrafting because if I recall the flame atronach was part of the spellcrafting they showed when they still had the idea.

Now a little off topic but I am kind of disappointed about the Necromancer class too regarding pets (with the information we have now). In Dawnguard, when we enter the Soul Cairn, Serana says the necromancers we know (the ones who raise the undead) are basically noobs. The powerful necromancers summon powerful undead from the Soul Cairn, such as the mistman and wrathman. Too bad we're going to be noob necromancers though (based on the info we have now).
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mayrael wrote: »
    pets are immortal in dungeons/trials/arena. You still can activate pets health bar in game options if you really need it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always had a pet build for healing.

Enjoy using them leveling sorcs but were never effective in hard content, they are alot better now. With healing ward Nerf they are our heal now but need to be one bared
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like pets/summons in RPGs so I answered yes. That said, pets in ESO I dislike. we only have slots for 10 skills, why require pets to be double barred?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    mocap wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    pets are immortal in dungeons/trials/arena. You still can activate pets health bar in game options if you really need it.

Yeah especially convenient when in PvP, I have to look around the battlefield where 100 players fights, there is at least few other pets etc. TY but I think it won't work ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They are just not very well designed.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You know this poll is going to heavily skewed by non sorcs. That just don’t like pets
  • Arzurag
    Arzurag
    Yes
    Yes, though they should make it so that pets do not get de-summoned when switching bars.
    That´s the only thing that I don´t like about them.

Anyway, I kinda want some more pets like deadra, some sets already do the trick here but it´s not enough in my opinion.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Little to no control over the pet , 2 action bar slots required for each pet , no separate action bar for precise control over pet actions.

They are decent option for leveling , but feel very redundant , if i was to ever use those things it would be if Zeni would add another 2 slots , separate from the action bars , that we can use to equip them.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    My clannfear could tank a boss before now it doesn't, so it's out. I only use the twilight matriarch now for some health otherwise I die too quickly.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    they are a pain in the a.. in your gameplay, so I skipped them.
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Annoying to use right now, I'd rather have something like the NB's shade or the warden's netch.
    Cut off the twilights wings.
    And sorc doesn't have the barspace for using 2 skillslots for 1 skill.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The easy fix is to make them duration based, so they can be single slotted much like the Nightblade's Shadow Image. Cast them and have it last 2 hours is more than enough time, then they remain passively by your side. Can only use their activation ability on the bar that they are on and refreshes their duration.

Same thing should be done with the Warden's Bear so you don't have to double bar that as well.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on January 22, 2019 9:09AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I've tried several times to play a pet sorc, always ended up with the pets annoying me and getting in my own way - especially the silly flappy thing! For goodness sake, let us change the shape, size, style of pet so I could try again, but with something smaller and ground-based! I absolutely hate flapping, buzzing pets.

Same with the warden's bear - used it a few times then dropped it because it's always in my way! Let me change it into a smaller cat or something!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I really enjoyed the era when the Clannfear was a reliable tank. That was a great way to solo things.

I like the basic damage from the pets. It's nice to have allies.

I like the burst heal.

The familiar pulse is blah to me, especially the stun, because not only don't I control it, I can't really plan for it as I play.

I hate the double barring. That and nerfs are the two biggest things that have caused me to take a break from playing sorcerer.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don’t mind them but I don’t like the focus on them. Pets are a utility for a sorc but shouldn’t be a requirement, on a dps build anyhow
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've been playing a sorc for a while now and unfortunately, although it's just a small thing, my irritation with the matriarch had got to the stage that I am going to take it off the bar and out of my build. The darn flap flap audio and constant wings flapping across the screen while I'm in 3rd person is driving me crazy. Why couldn't they scale it like that little flame atronarch memento or those pixies that fly around gold coast? Does it have to be so huge? It's mine and it irritates me. No wonder people freak out when they fly around near merchants and crafting stations. I always thought those who complained were exaggerating but dragging one along in my own personal space for two months has opened my eyes.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I like the functionality of pets but dislike the pets themselves. Why do they have to be daedric? Why can't we have some different themes? I had so hoped Warden would be the pet class I'd finally really like, looking forward to perhaps wolves and hawks...and instead I got stuck with Morrowind animals I dislike just as much.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No on general use and at crafting tables

But I do use them in Vma runs and soloing dungeons if I’m after gear runs

Otherwise nope I don’t like them in my vision giving me epileptic fit all the time
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Scamp is fine. But matriarch... I want to kill them, honestly. Every time I see a sorc with it. I tried to use it myself - what an awful experienced.