The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Frostvault Dwemer Ruin Clockwork Assets NOT Lore Friendly (PTS Feedback)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is about feedback on the lore and asset reuse of clockwork styled things in dwemer ruins

0sl8v94rfth8.png
There is literal later model factotum body parts in the frostvault dungeon. Factotums are of sotha sil's design and this is completely unlore friendly to be in this dwemer dungeon. This was near Warlord Tzogvin https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Factotum

ns8b21otwby7.png
0jjw7zyl6a04.png
k070gro718e6.png
Also this clockwork sphere just before the last boss is another asset reuse that is ingame specifically refered to as clockwork in design, and is now being reused in a dwemer ruin.

3tpcx4exd48i.png
There is also some glyphs from the Clockwork city that are used throughout the new dungeon for some reason. Close up of the Glyph used all across Sotha Sil's inventions

To those of us who are familiar with the differences between Clockwork and Dwemer, some of the clockwork assets look out of place in dwemer ruins. Its fine to reuse assets, but the glyphs featured prominently in the clockwork city are easy to notice when you pay attention to little details. they have been placed to repeat across this new dwemer ruins and well, its one of the things that make the clockwork city unique and its my understanding that while Sotha Sil took inspiration from the dwemer, his style became his own and these symbols are a sign of Sotha Sil's work. The Dwemer have their own style of glyphs, cant they remake the model with dwemeri glyphs instead?

c16yz60mx9g4.png
Dwemer arches with Clockwork Glyphs, clockwork glyphs also featured on that area to the left

l3rygzmni4kg.png
Clockwork Glyphs on the area carrying the stonekeeper.

The symbols are also present in the Skeevaton phase on the last boss in Frostvault
unknown.png

The arches featured in the new frostvault dwemer ruin are pulled straight from the clockwork city and are seen in it's outskirts in the radius. The glyphs on the arches are featured prominently in sotha sil's clockwork city, from the celestialdrome that makes up the sky in the realm, to doors, to gadgets, etc.

tlcuxc7yylkq.png
Those arches are also becoming a furnishing and are being labeled as dwemer.

0a8z2wezqimc.png
The same archway in the Clockwork City's radius.

7krw08t2fqpq.png
On the Clockwork City's various Doors

cab6rap7wtjz.png
On the Clockwork City's Celestiodrome, notice the markings
Edited by Aliyavana on February 28, 2019 1:53AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice catch!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the reuse of assets as it makes it easier to make new locations. But it's a real annoyance of mine when people get Clockwork and Dwemer stuff mixed up, and if zeni start mixing assets like this it doesn't help much at all. Good find.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated the op as these arches are being sold as achievement items as seen here tlcuxc7yylkq.png.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 22, 2019 4:51AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the reuse of assets as it makes it easier to make new locations. But it's a real annoyance of mine when people get Clockwork and Dwemer stuff mixed up, and if zeni start mixing assets like this it doesn't help much at all. Good find.

agreed, people often get both of them confused, this wont help at all if zos goes through with it
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    updated the op as these arches are being sold as achievement items as seen here tlcuxc7yylkq.png.

Which furnisher sells those? I didn't know dungeon achievements unlocked furniture.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 1, 2019 9:39PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS loves to copy/paste, so not surprised at all lol
    PC-NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which furnisher sells those? I didn't know dungeon achievements unlocked furniture.

the undaunted achievement furnisher will sell these if you unlock one of the frostvault achievements when the next patch drops.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0sl8v94rfth8.png
    found a new error, a factotum body part in a dwemer dungeon
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair Sotha Sil stole was inspired by the Dwemer's creations and replicated tons of things so this isn't anything new: see the Halls of Fabrication being "part of Clockwork City leaking" yet they're packed to the brim with Dwemer Animnculi and Dwarven Colossi(?) are being mass produced in the final boss room.

Yes, it is pretty obviously just assets being reused from the gamer point of view but I don't think we get a say in that. The factotum part/s are the most glaring though since that's something Sotha Sil was uniquely responsible for, not Dwemer tech he could have repurposed. That is playing devil's advocate of course.

For real though Sotha Sil is a hack, most of his "Clockwork" technology is all just Dwemer stuff he liked
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair Sotha Sil stole was inspired by the Dwemer's creations and replicated tons of things so this isn't anything new: see the Halls of Fabrication being "part of Clockwork City leaking" yet they're packed to the brim with Dwemer Animnculi and Dwarven Colossi(?) are being mass produced in the final boss room.

Yes, it is pretty obviously just assets being reused from the gamer point of view but I don't think we get a say in that. The factotum part/s are the most glaring though since that's something Sotha Sil was uniquely responsible for, not Dwemer tech he could have repurposed. That is playing devil's advocate of course.

For real though Sotha Sil is a hack, most of his "Clockwork" technology is all just Dwemer stuff he liked

Sotha sil was heavily inspired by the dwemer, and we got a lore explanation for why there is dwemer automatons in the halls of fabrication. His early factotums have dwemer features... etc. It makes sense one way but clockwork things in dwemer ruins? A factotum torso is a huge over sight in a dwemer ruin.
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 9, 2019 4:31AM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean what do you expect from a company where their loremaster is quitting. (idk if debunked)
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sotha sil was heavily inspired by the dwemer, and we got a lore explanation for why there is dwemer automatons in the halls of fabrication. His early factotums have dwemer features... etc. It makes sense one way but clockwork things in dwemer ruins? A factotum torso is a huge over sight in a dwemer ruin.

Could these items just be equipment/refuse left behind after a clockwork team research project?
    Master Craftsman!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean what do you expect from a company where their loremaster is quitting. (idk if debunked)

its confirmed
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me that ugly Nocturnal situation. I only hope it's not a case of the "no update to live art policy".
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    It reminds me that ugly Nocturnal situation. I only hope it's not a case of the "no update to live art policy".

The nocturnal thing atleast is possible as nocturnalcan appear boring if she wants to, a factotum body shouldnt be in a dwemer dungeon
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its confirmed

That's honestly really sad. He seemed so into his job.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »

The nocturnal thing atleast is possible as nocturnalcan appear boring if she wants to, a factotum body shouldnt be in a dwemer dungeon
    True. The lore is at stake here, while in the situation with Nocturnal only a sense of beauty was in danger.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At minimum the factotum body needs to go
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given how we picked up pieces of the precursor, it seems entirely plausible that Sotha Sil sent Factotems out into the world for one reason or another, and one met its end in Frostvault. Though, there's no confirmation of that, just one possible, speculative, explanation.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be honest here, at first I thought Sotha was female cause of the name

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this needs to be adressed asap. I hope they don't make this mistake ever again. I love dwemer stuff
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lawrence has only been gone a week lol

but jokes aside i appreciate you doing this. Seeing lore breaking stuff like this is ESO is really not cool. I hope they change this!!