The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Veteran Dragonstar Arena

888and888
888and888
✭✭✭
Hi All,

I have to farm the weapons in vDSA and I was wondering if this is doable with a PUG or if I would just waste my time...
Thoughts?

Many thanks!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vDSA is still pretty hard. In my opinion you'd waste your time PUGging it. That being said, it all depends on your own level. If you're pulling the average standard 25K DPS, you need 3 other guildies of at least your level. If you pull the top 60K DPS alone, you may as well carry some randoms with you.
    Disclaimer : I'm not saying all randoms are bad. But they can be.
    Also, depending on your own level and experience, you may or may not need a tank. Running VDSA without a tank requires good knowledge of mechanics and top DPS. If you do need a tank, it needs to be a really good tank, not a fake one.
    And finally, in my experience, you do need vocal coordination in VDSA - with strangers or with guildies.

• 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for the detailed explanation! A bit discouraging, just because it is basically impossible for a player new to PvE to do any hard content...
    Any decent guilds ask for experienced players and so it is really hard to learn difficult content.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the detailed explanation! A bit discouraging, just because it is basically impossible for a player new to PvE to do any hard content...
    Any decent guilds ask for experienced players and so it is really hard to learn difficult content.

Where do you come from ? PvP ?
    In general, PvE content is pretty easy for experienced PvPers. It's not easy for a good PvPer to become an excellent PvEer, but it's rather easy to become a decent/good PvEer.
    Also, stop looking for a "decent" guild if you need to learn some stuff yourself. Just look for a social PvE guild. Most of them have players of all levels who are happy just to run stuff together and won't mind you needing to learn or to practice some stuff.
    On another positive note, I'm one of those average PvEers (nowadays less than average I'd say) who hate it when content is too hard, but vDSA is so well designed that running it is always a big pleasure (albeit pretty time consuming).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 22, 2019 7:01PM
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Also, stop looking for a "decent" guild if you need to learn some stuff yourself. Just look for a social PvE guild. Most of them have players of all levels who are happy just to run stuff together and won't mind you needing to learn or to practice some stuff.

That sounds like a good advice :) Cheers!

Yes, I am mainly a PvPer, although in other games I spent my time raiding (pretty much seriously); the problem is that you need to finish the DLC content at least a couple of times to know what to do, even if you read a guide before.
    Some mechanics are not easy and you need a bit of practice for sure....