The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Jester’s Festival

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Jester’s Festival. Note this quest will only be available to test during the first week of PTS, until January 28. After you have a chance to check out the different quests and rewards, us know what you think!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me get this straight, we can get two event tickets per day during the festival, but if we want to continue with getting the next berries for the Dawnwood Indrik, we need 10 tickets for that, then 10 tickets for the "Springtide Indrik Pet," and if we want the style pages for Cadwells Weapons we need "10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style." Yet we have only been able to hold 12 tickets in our inventory during the past events and we are still not sure how many tickets we will need TOTAL to get the Dawnwood morph and the next Nascent Indrik for the next morph.

Is there anyone here that can explain all of this to me and also explain the logic behind the 12 ticket inventory limit and making players choose between getting their next set of berries or these extra items during one event! Or is this yet another way that ZOS has worked up to get people to buy the tickets they need from the Crown Store?
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How can we purchase these:

"During the event, the Springtide Indrik Pet will be available for purchase from the Impresario, for 10 Event Tickets."

"These never-before-seen weapon styles can be rarely earned from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Box, or purchased from the Impresario for 10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style."

If the Impresario is not in any of the zones?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyone here that can explain all of this to me and also explain the logic behind the 12 ticket inventory limit and making players choose between getting their next set of berries or these extra items during one event! Or is this yet another way that ZOS has worked up to get people to buy the tickets they need from the Crown Store?
    Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to? :wink:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't think the achievement related to pie and kill a player in PVP is doable. Worse, it may help other people to get the achievement because I will be losing time throwing the pie while they kill them. What assures me I can benefit from it?

I suggest to remove it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't think the achievement related to pie and kill a player in PVP is doable. Worse, it may help other people to get the achievement because I will be losing time throwing the pie while they kill them. What assures me I can benefit from it?

I suggest to remove it.

10 pie kills might be a little too much. Especially since with such a high requirement, people will just cheese it and trade kills fo rthe achievement instead.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How can we purchase these:

"During the event, the Springtide Indrik Pet will be available for purchase from the Impresario, for 10 Event Tickets."

"These never-before-seen weapon styles can be rarely earned from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Box, or purchased from the Impresario for 10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style."

If the Impresario is not in any of the zones?

Yup.. the Impresario is AFT (away from tent)... in every area she should be in.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Jester’s Festival. Note this quest will only be available to test during the first week of PTS, until January 28. After you have a chance to check out the different quests and rewards, us know what you think!

@ZOS_GinaBruno: Personally I think this and other Shardstone "events" testing should be available more than 1 week.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can you make the pie have the same effective range as Lethal Arrow in Cyrodiil.
    PC EU
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At two tickets per day and the Jester Festival usually only lasting 5 days (Jan 29-April 2), that means we'll be able to get 10 tickets tops during the event.

That means we'll only be able to get a single prize during this event: Your next dawnwood berry OR the baby indrik Or a single Cadwell Weapon Motif.

Needing so many tickets yet being able to earn so few makes this look like an obvious ploy to funnel people into the Cash Shop to buy event tickets.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 23, 2019 7:34PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The two new runebox pieces that require five items each seems to have a drop rate that is a little low. I have completed the three quests each day for the past three days on one character and I have received only one piece for each of the two boxes. These pieces should have a drop rate of maybe 50% as there is no reason for these items to be rare. For comparison, I have also received two of the Cadwell’s pages and there is no reason for these fragments to be as or less common than those pages. After all, the Jesters Festival should be a fun event, not a frustrating one. I still love the pig quest, though.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The two new runebox pieces that require five items each seems to have a drop rate that is a little low. I have completed the three quests each day for the past three days on one character and I have received only one piece for each of the two boxes. These pieces should have a drop rate of maybe 50% as there is no reason for these items to be rare. For comparison, I have also received two of the Cadwell’s pages and there is no reason for these fragments to be as or less common than those pages. After all, the Jesters Festival should be a fun event, not a frustrating one. I still love the pig quest, though.

@LonePirate I have yet to see the runebox pieces. What items do they say they create once collected? I don't recall the patch notes saying what they were for either, just that the new Stupendous Jester Coffers gave runebox pieces and Cadwell's pages.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 24, 2019 4:54AM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    At two tickets per day and the Jester Festival usually only lasting 5 days (Jan 29-April 2), that means we'll be able to get 10 tickets tops during the event.

That means we'll only be able to get a single prize during this event: Your next dawnwood berry OR the baby indrik Or a single Cadwell Weapon Motif.

Needing so many tickets yet being able to earn so few makes this look like an obvious ploy to funnel people into the Cash Shop to buy event tickets.

Ugh! You're right! Last year, it was March 29-April 2, so only 5 days. That's way too short considering that there are more items to get than there will be tickets. Yeah...I'm smelling something off here. Before, it seemed doable, but now...

Although, to be fair, some players only want one (or none) of the evolutions, so this gives them something else to spend them on. But, if you want to collect all the evolutions, you're also likely to want to collect the pets.

At least the Cadwell pages can be purchased from other players, so you don't really need to buy those with event tickets if you aren't lucky with the boxes. But, there will only be a total of 15 boxes that we can get in which those pages drop. I'm guessing, though, that the pages can also be earned next year.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But are all the items in the Impresario limited to this particular event? I seem to recall that the berries, at least, will reappear until the next quarter (when the next set starts) and the Anniversary event has not traditionally been far behind the Jester's Festival.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • kydot12
    kydot12
    Will this event have the XP buff too? I can't see this so thought I'd ask.
    MagPlar main. EU.
    Darkflare, Soul Assault, Jesus beam >
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading all these, my reaction is OMG..

why are you making this game so GRINDY?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But are all the items in the Impresario limited to this particular event? I seem to recall that the berries, at least, will reappear until the next quarter (when the next set starts) and the Anniversary event has not traditionally been far behind the Jester's Festival.

The Jester's Festival is the last of the four Q1 events. If the Dawnwood berries aren't carried over into the next quarter this will be our one and only chance to buy the Dawnwood Berry of Ripeness.
    PC EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Jester's Festival is the last of the four Q1 events. If the Dawnwood berries aren't carried over into the next quarter this will be our one and only chance to buy the Dawnwood Berry of Ripeness.

Ouch! So basically, you have to have 10 tickets saved up from the previous event if you want to get both the final Dawnwood berry AND the Indrik pet. Unless the pet will actually be available prior to this event.

Of course, this is assuming that this year's Jesters Festival is as short as last year (5 days). Wasn't the first one longer?
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    After reading all these, my reaction is OMG..

why are you making this game so GRINDY?

I’m not sure if it’s true of not, but someone said that the feathers/berries/Indrik were for the year of 2019 only
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This.

They explicitly said the tickets were going up in the Cash Shop..just in time for this.
    • Scarcity of tickets
    • Time restriction to get them for the event
    • Daily limit on number gained
    • Currency limit
    • Items purchasable far exceeds number of tickets earnable in-game

I wish they would stop using F2P monetizing tactics in the game I pay a subscription for.
    Edited by Zathras on January 24, 2019 11:56PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS event tickets in your face, that's what this event is all about. And I was damn hyped about those cadwell weapons...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

@LonePirate I have yet to see the runebox pieces. What items do they say they create once collected? I don't recall the patch notes saying what they were for either, just that the new Stupendous Jester Coffers gave runebox pieces and Cadwell's pages.

@Ertosi

Here are the two items:

1gAdBnF.png
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    psgwbm1yfmjj.png
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if pieing someone in Cyrodiil will bring the pie flinger out of stealth?

I think it would be good if flinging the Revelry Pie worked like Mark Target.
    PC EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if pieing someone in Cyrodiil will bring the pie flinger out of stealth?

I think it would be good if flinging the Revelry Pie worked like Mark Target.

Not a fan of a Jesters Festival equivalent of the mud ball. So not looking forward to the Jesters Festival this year. If they had kept it so that being hit in first person didn't pull you out into third person (effectively being able to ignore being hit), then it would be ok. But, with all the bugs and other problems in game, they specifically took the time to change it so that getting hit pops you into third person so you have to see your character covered in mud. I guess being covered in colorful pie filling is somewhat better.
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an increase on the max number of event tickets in our inventory?
    Only having 12 was ok when I only needed to buy one item per event. Now I want berries, the pet, cadwells weapons, and more feathers for the next Indrik.
    Edited by XDark_One13 on January 25, 2019 6:32PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get an increase on the max number of event tickets in our inventory?
    Only having 12 was ok when I only needed to buy one item per event. Now I want berries, the pet, cadwells weapons, and more feathers for the next Indrik.

I'm all for in increase to the max number of event tickets we can hold, but I just wanted to point out that Cadwell's weapon pages can be obtained in-game. Presumably, they will be tradable as well. Plus, I'm presuming that they will return again the following year, unlike the Indrik berries, feathers, and pets.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please increase the ticket cap from 12 to unlimited.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me get this straight, we can get two event tickets per day during the festival, but if we want to continue with getting the next berries for the Dawnwood Indrik, we need 10 tickets for that, then 10 tickets for the "Springtide Indrik Pet," and if we want the style pages for Cadwells Weapons we need "10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style." Yet we have only been able to hold 12 tickets in our inventory during the past events and we are still not sure how many tickets we will need TOTAL to get the Dawnwood morph and the next Nascent Indrik for the next morph.

Tickets will be on the crown store. That is why there is a limit you can earn and have.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened 21 Stupendous reward boxes. I received 5 Joke Popper parts :) but only 4 Festive Noise Maker parts :(

It seemed much easier to steal apples in Mournhold without getting a bounty this year than it has been in precious years.

I look forward to trying for Empieror when this goes live.

Overall still a lot of fun even though it's the third year, and still the best voice acting in the game.
    PC EU
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the PvP achievement necessary to earn something in the event or is it just an achievement?
    Edited by Minyassa on January 28, 2019 10:06AM