The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting/Gathering Alts Advice

MikuHagane
MikuHagane
✭✭
So I want to eventually get all crafting and gathering up to max level and with all necessary skills for each one. I am thinking about splitting them among characters, but I am not sure how to split them.

My first question is: Is it possible to get all necessary skills for a combat build, and all skills for one of the gathering/crafting skills? Like for example, is it possible to get all the necessary skills for a Templar healer, and cooking on one character?

I have 10 character slots but I can get more. I don’t care about the pairing between class and specific gathering/crafting. Below is just what I may do. (I still need to buy Summerset, so jewelry is going to be on a DK because I am less interested in that class.)

-I am not including gathering skills for a crafting skill, unless stated as “Gathering” below. Keen eye, Hireling.

1. (Main): Templar healer+ Provisioning
2. Templar DPS+woodworking
3. Sorc DPS+ Tailoring Plant Gathering
4. Support/DPS Warden+alchemy
5. DPS Warden+Blacksmith
6. DK DPS+ Wood Gathering
7. Templar Healer+ Rune Gathering
8. NB DPS+ Ore Gathering
9. Other Sorc + Alchemy gathering

Or, would you recommend putting two of the above on one character? Like just getting all alchemy skills on one character instead of splitting it between the crafting and gathering parts?

Or 2 things on one character like woodworking and alchemy?

Or make an alt that is just for those skills?

Best Answer

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get ALL of the crafting skills + combat skills on one character with hunting for skyshards and skill points.

My main crafter is also my PVE tank and my PVP healer, with left over skill points.

Personally, I would do Woodworking, Blacksmithing, and Clothing on the same character, which will also be the character you learn all your motifs on. Motifs are character bound, not account wide.

As for gathering, I do it all on a different character who's a stamina build with speed gear and a maxed inventory. That character has all of the crafting passives as well, but doesnt know many motifs.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 21, 2019 6:33PM
    Answer ✓