The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

race change token

HansProlo
HansProlo
✭✭
in most games, when there are massive changes to skills, people get a free respec.

but if zenimax is too greedy, they could at least give 4 to a account with 8 chars, by using the /claim function.
and/or a one time crown store item to change your whole account for what it would normally cost to change one.

the changes are too big for offering just 1-2 tokens for free.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    btw, i will cancel my subscription if they wont offer a free change for every character.

imagine if you buy 8 tokens, and 3 months later another balance update screws the racials around again.

big change —> free one time change ... no other way
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    in most games, when there are massive changes to skills, people get a free respec.

but if zenimax is too greedy, they could at least give 4 to a account with 8 chars, by using the /claim function.
    and/or a one time crown store item to change your whole account for what it would normally cost to change one.

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

ZoS does it for 1 gold

its about racial passives...
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s absolutely pathetic that zos is going to change up passives and give only 1 token.. as if everyone doesn’t have multiple characters they play. This company is truly being just greedy and it’s pitiful.. the fact that I’ll have to buy 6 tokens to change up my characters which is an absurd,y expensive price.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

I think your phrasing is not right. Respec has always been done for a few golds in ESO. What you want is race change tokens for each character that could be a great option, but, before doing that, they should go through the full PTS cycle.

I invite you to make a thread in the PTS forum. I think 1 is not enough, but 8 or even 15 is too much, they also need to make money.

With 4 or 5 I would be more than happy

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its also silly that ZOS is giving a free racial token that doesn't include a name change token as well.

I hope they rethink that for those of us who actually give our characters lore friendly names.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

I think your phrasing is not right. Respec has always been done for a few golds in ESO. What you want is race change tokens for each character that could be a great option, but, before doing that, they should go through the full PTS cycle.

I invite you to make a thread in the PTS forum. I think 1 is not enough, but 8 or even 15 is too much, they also need to make money.

it was just a comparison how other games treat skill or class changes. Other games dont have racial passives as i know, so i couldnt find a better compare.

• HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    Its also silly that ZOS is giving a free racial token that doesn't include a name change token as well.

I hope they rethink that for those of us who actually give our characters lore friendly names.

you are right about the name change too for those rp guys. especially those argonians and khajits
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

Which are not getting "massive changes". Name 1 race that is getting totally changed and wont be able to be played the way everybody is playing it currently.

Edited by Juhasow on January 21, 2019 6:49PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

ZoS does it for 1 gold

Which are not getting "massive changes". Name 1 race that is getting totally changed and wont be able to be played the way it was before , in any type of content.

I would say dunmer but I'm waiting for the potes... I have a good vibe about Searing heat being reworked

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

Which are not getting "massive changes". Name 1 race that is getting totally changed and wont be able to be played the way it was before , in any type of content.

its about a decision you ve made as you ve created your character, probably a special build in mind, with thousand of hours playtime. passive changes are massive, but not all in a bad way. I would decide for different races for some of my chars, especially all of my orcs

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are right about the name change too for those rp guys. especially those argonians and khajits

Argonians and Khajiit definitely have distinct racial naming conventions.

But I'd be willing to guess you can tell which race characters like Titus Aurelius, Rulindarwe, Morza gra-Bolok, and Suraya al-Elinhir are.

Unless players are okay with mismatched names or named their characters "jd8494jis" or "Bob" a simple race change isn't sufficient. We need a name change token added to that.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could take all these threads and merge them into just one thread. So many of these lately and PTS changes haven't even come out, yet people are threatening to cancel subs/quit game. Just.Relax.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I wish we could take all these threads and merge them into just one thread. So many of these lately and PTS changes haven't even come out, yet people are threatening to cancel subs/quit game. Just.Relax.

its not about the changes. they are ok. its about not offering a race change for every char

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

I would say dunmer but I'm waiting for the potes... I have a good vibe about Searing heat being reworked

Dunmer will be still strong mag DD as it was soo...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

its about a decision you ve made as you ve created your character, probably a special build in mind, with thousand of hours playtime. passive changes are massive, but not all in a bad way. I would decide for different races for some of my chars, especially all of my orcs

Ok and now name 1 race it will be impossible to play the way it was played. Those changes are massive only in Your head if anything is changing for races then mostly for good. As for orc not much changes they'll have similar health less max stam but way more dmg because 258 wep dmg works better then 6% stam and 4% meele dmg. Orc is also getting small stamina and health restore as replacement for health recovery. Every build that orc plays right now will be viable on orc after update.

Edited by Juhasow on January 21, 2019 7:11PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    l

Ok and now name 1 race it will be impossible to play the way it was played. Those changes are massive only in Your head if anything is changing for races then mostly for good. As for orc not much changes they'll have similar health less max stam but way more dmg because 258 wep dmg works better then 6% stam and 4% meele dmg. Orc is also getting small stamina and health restore as replacement for health recovery. Every build that orc plays right now will be viable on orc after update.

its not about impossible to play. For my build its a big nerf. stamplar wearing troll king. 500 health and stamina vs 6%? stamina regen on weapon abilities? i am using class abilities most of the times. weapon damage stays about the same for me.

edit: i would take redguard for that massive sustain buff
    edit2: or even imperial for the heal. must be crazy with jabs
    Edited by HansProlo on January 21, 2019 7:30PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    l

its not about impossible to play. For my build its a big nerf. stamplar wearing troll king. 500 health and stamina vs 6%? stamina regen on weapon abilities? i am using class abilities most of the times. weapon damage stays about the same for me.

Light attacks are also considered weapon abilities so You'll proc that resource passive from it or from things like rending slashes bleed ticks , posion injection ticks etc. 500 stamina and 258 weapon dmg will give You more dmg and healing then 6% max stamina and 4% meele dmg buff since this weapon dmg is getting multipled further by major brutality , medium armor passive , templar passive and fighters guild passive if You have any ability from that tree which will basically bring it close to 400 wep dmg. As for troll king yeah that 300 less health regen is definietly game changer. It's not a big nerf. That health bonus seems to be low currently but I dont see that to be a reason to call it big nerf on orc. Still You'll have like 1-2k less stam and health comparing to what You have currently which is nothing You canot work around. You can just get tower mundus instead of warrior and 1 healthy trait in jewelery instead of robust or make similar changes based on what You're currently using to basically have unchanged stats. Just use brain to think not QQ 1st. Also I asked for race that playstyle is totally changed and You tell that it's orc and because of that You want to change on redguard which is not even remotely close to what current orc is ?
    Edited by Juhasow on January 21, 2019 7:42PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    l

Light attacks are also considered weapon abilities so You'll proc that resource passive from it or from things like rending slashes bleed ticks , posion injection ticks etc. 500 stamina and 258 weapon dmg will give You more dmg and healing then 6% max stamina and 4% meele dmg buff since this weapon dmg is getting multipled further by major brutality , medium armor passive , templar passive and fighters guild passive if You have any ability from that tree which will basically bring it close to 400 wep dmg. As for troll king yeah that 300 less health regen is definietly game changer. It's not a big nerf. That health bonus seems to be low currently but I dont see that to be a reason to call it big nerf on orc. Still You'll have like 1-2k less stam and health comparing to what You have currently which is nothing You canot work around. You can just get tower mundus instead of warrior and 1 healthy trait in jewelery instead of robust or make similar changes based on what You're currently using to basically have unchanged stats. Just use brain to think not QQ 1st. Also I asked for race that playstyle is totally changed and You tell that it's orc and because of that You want to change on redguard which is not even remotely close to what current orc is ?

its about a decision i made vs a decision i would make after the change.
    and i am talking about my pvp orcs. no rending slashes ... its mostly jabs, so i will lose a lot of those light attacks, but i ve to admit i am not that good in light attack weaving anyway, so for my playstyle its a big nerf. And i would probably prefer imperial over redguard. that combined with briarheart and i can change out troll king for a different set.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    l

and i am talking about my pvp orcs. no rending slashes ... its mostly jabs, so i will lose a lot of those light attacks, but i ve to admit i am not that good in light attack weaving anyway, so for my playstyle its a big nerf. And i would probably prefer imperial over redguard. that combined with briarheart and i can change out troll king for a different set.

Well and orc changes have no logical corelations with that decision. For the record in PvP redguard after changes wont be much different from current regduard same as orc so Your logic is totally rigged here. Even qiock cloak will proc that orc passive literally any weapon attack will. As for light attacking well get good because balance decisions cannot be made based of someones laziness causing incapability to learn how to click 2 buttons properly. Even imerial from PvP perspective will not be much different from what it's currently. You just noticed some changes on orc and instead to think about those changes and do some math You instantly went with 1st idea that it's a nerf and You want compensation when in reality orc vs other races currently is not that much different from orc vs other races after the update. Btw that 4% healing recived on orc can give You similar amount of healing like imperial passive. Personally I am not 100% satisfied with orc but since it still can be changed I choose to not QQ and demand race change since even in current state of the changes orc is not looking that bad.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 21, 2019 8:14PM
  • Ackadian
    Ackadian
    ✭✭✭
    Give them one finger and they try to take the whole hand... What a bunch of ungrateful people you are...
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold
    l

Well and orc changes have no logical corelations with that decision. For the record in PvP redguard after changes wont be much different from current regduard same as orc so Your logic is totally rigged here. Even qiock cloak will proc that orc passive literally any weapon attack will. As for light attacking well get good because balance decisions cannot be made based of someones laziness causing incapability to learn how to click 2 buttons properly. Even imerial from PvP perspective will not be much different from what it's currently. You just noticed some changes on orc and instead to think about those changes and do some math You instantly went with 1st idea that it's a nerf and You want compensation when in reality orc vs other races currently is not that much different from orc vs other races after the update. Btw that 4% healing recived on orc can give You similar amount of healing like imperial passive. Personally I am not 100% satisfied with orc but since it still can be changed I choose to not QQ and demand race change since even in current state of the changes orc is not looking that bad.

i could repeat myself and you wouldnt want to understand. i didnt say that i cant still play orc, but i currently would not pick orc as a race anymore. for MY playstyle (get that?) its a big nerf. I am not using quick cloak, my only weapon skill is poison injection on the backbar, my damage skills are jabs, potl, poison injection, dawnbreaker, sweep and javelin. I picked orc for the well rounded buffs (6% is more than 500 by far) , the speed (still there, but never that great anyway because no overall speed buff), and the 20% regen which buffs troll king.

imperial passive would give me around 60% chance to heal for 1750 every jab, thats around 1100 on average per jab. + 1500 health and stamina vs orc. I could equip a damage monster set which would be much better than the 258 wd orcs get. I would wear briarheart and with rally, vigor, extended ritual and probably also repentance i would have great healing. before the imperial passive changes the healing hadnt procced on my jabs that often (around 150 healing per jab in average). this was why i didnt have this race on my list for my stamplar.

i accept that for you its still ok, but please accept, that for MY playstyle and preferred builds i wouldnt pick orc again now.

its all from PvP perspective. i know in pve, stamina builds using much more weapon skills and LA weaving and stamplar is one class which uses a channel spam skill therefor cant weave in LA so often, for me its just clunky to weave it between spamming jabs.

and my critic is not about the changes which seem fine overall, its ONLY about offering just one token for free.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those changes are far too big to give just one race change token per account. Most people choose race depending on meta. And these changes give literally no freedom that ZOS wanted to give. These are just meta shifts - nothing more.
    One race change token is a laughable amount.
    It's almost as if they had data indicating that the game is dying and want to make one final cash grab.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you get 1 babyman
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS does it for 1 gold

"They need to make money" I'm fine with that because I sub to ESO+, I pay for the chapters and DLC etc. People buy houses, cosmetics etc. That's fine. When the developer creates an expense, essentially changes things around to, I'm comfortable saying it, intentionally make you pay to race change because they changed the Meta, that's where I draw the line.

Basically, monetizing the meta is unacceptable and ethically questionable. I've said this in other threads, if the Token was 1k or they gave 4-5 free, I wouldn't mind too much. But at 3k a pop, no way.
    Edited by CleymenZero on January 23, 2019 5:20AM