The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Precognition vs Temporal Guard...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
So I finally decided to complete the Psijic quests and have unlocked Undo...

I will soon morph this into either:

Precognition (which grants you the ability to activate it when CC'd)...

or

Temporal Guard (which grants you Minor Protection for simply slotting it)...

Which would you choose and why...

Thanks for your time...
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 21, 2019 5:27PM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s

Precognition vs Temporal Guard... 36 votes

I'd choose Precognition...
16% 6 votes
I'd choose Temporal Guard...
83% 30 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I break free and cast Temporal Guard, I get back the resources for breaking free anyways. Only upside of Precognition is being able to break free with Ultimate, if you are out of stamina, as it wont save me if I am in the wrong bar and the ability is not worth dual slotting.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    If I break free and cast Temporal Guard, I get back the resources for breaking free anyways. Only upside of Precognition is being able to break free with Ultimate, if you are out of stamina, as it wont save me if I am in the wrong bar and the ability is not worth dual slotting.

Interesting...

So Precognition is essentially a zero resourse cost Break Free...

I can see that being useful; especially if you are Feared (or am under the influence of some other buggy CC) and cant Break Free...

But will that trump 100% uptime on Minor Protection?

This is making me lean towards Temporal Guard as its morphed effect seems better...

Thanks for your input!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easilly temporal guard.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Precog would be great but I only slot this ult on one bar, and there is a 50% chance I'll be on the wrong bar when CC'd. For magplar the Minor Protection from Temporal Guard is a huge boon.
    Edited by Solariken on January 21, 2019 6:36PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporal Guard

I would only choose the other morph if you are a Warden because you already have Minor Protection from your armor buff
    Edited by Valykc on January 21, 2019 6:40PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, I chose Temporal Guard and I love it..

I'm not convinced it's a superior option to Replenishing Barrier (which I typically slot as my Defensive Ult), but the maintenance free uptime on Minor Protection is very nice...

Thanks for you guys input...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 22, 2019 10:40AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw for what kind of build?
    PC EU - DC only
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor protection is a pretty nice buff to have. I actually run this on my bow/bow build just to have extra tankiness.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you want to use it for PvP, then definitly you go for temporal guard, minor protection is nothing to joke about.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried both. Temporal doesn't provide much of a boost in resistances with my particular build but your mileage may vary. The CC activation for Precog is a game changer tho, especially for mag classes.

I actually slotted it on both bars on my melee magplar a while back, letting me drop all that extra stam in favor of very high damage. Didn't need a damage ult at that point and Undo is low cost so nearly always available. I hit hard hit fast and confused the hell out of people by zipping around constantly lol.

Game changer.
    Edited by Datolite on January 22, 2019 11:02PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dmg mit
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer precognition on a melee magplar, as you end up with decent minor protection uptime out of Shield Wall passive.

Precognition has definitely saved my butt if I dodgeroll once to many to get around the corner or over the rise that I want to Undo back behind.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub