The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is RNG on jewelry crating really this bad

upari
upari
✭✭✭
[img][/img]20sarnt.jpg

11cgpc7.jpg

After refining over 4000 platinum dusts, 19 chromium grains is imho VERY low amount.
With that amount of dust i should be able to finish (atleast) one legendary jewelry master writ.
Please ZOS tell that this is unintended.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's about right. I've seen approximately a 0.5% drop rate on all gold quality materials from refining. So, based on 4.1k dust, you would expect 20.5 chromium grains. I have a spreadsheet to track my refining over hundreds of thousands of refinings.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it's pretty bad. I refined 1k dust recently and only got 2 grains. I've managed to build up 6 platings since the launch of Summerset. Haven't been refining much as the drop rate is so low. I have probably 30 jewelry surveys in my bank that I haven't gotten around to, since I'm basically only crafting jewelry for the regular writs.

The bottleneck, though, is zircon grains (purple). I have about 4 of those (used 4 to craft one necklace early on). Since they no longer drop from the regular writs, they are actually rarer than chromium. At least you can get some chromium grains from the regular writs.

So, basically, even though they increased the writ vouchers for jewelry master writs, they aren't worth doing largely because of the lack of zircon. I have some epic MWs that are worth 80-90 vouchers, but not worth using up all my zircon for one of them. Plus, I have a 400+ legendary one, but haven't had a swift neck drop for me yet (and not paying 30K+ for one at guild traders). Once I get that trait, even spending 20 vouchers on the trait stone would be worth 380+ vouchers. But, that's the only writ I can see worth doing due to the atrocious drop rate/grain system.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe

If you send me a gilding wax I'll craft you a research necklace tonight for no charge.

Also, since I've got your attention, lol. Did you ever find your last few Alinor plans? I might have found a couple that were on your list from before. Let me know!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feric51 Just saw your message. I'll check what I have left and send you an in-game mail with a list of what Alinor plans i have left to learn along with a gilding wax.

If there are some Alinor furnishings you're interested in, let me know and I'll craft them for you. Or some Mukmire lights. I know the bone candle, squat (or something like that) and the hanging candle, shell (or whatever it's called).
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, what add-on do you have that gives you the raw and refined stats in the popup in your first picture?

Anyway, I've probably refined a couple thousand platinum dusts at most in the game so far, and I've got 27 chromium grains. Now that I think about it, though, I don't know how many of those came from daily writ rewards. I refined a stack tonight and got another one, so 0.5% certain could be right. 1 in 200.

Doesn't bother me too much. Jewelry crafting is such a farce that I'm just waiting to build up to 40 of them, and then I'll craft the 403-voucher writ I got, so I can get the achievement for that and probably never worry about crafting high level jewelry ever again.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's worse is breaking down a gold jewelry to not even get one dust from it.

Since they did the need 10 to make one thing, it really feels like you should get a guaranteed dust out of a jewelry you break down IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Auto refine" addon tracks all stats.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, what add-on do you have that gives you the raw and refined stats in the popup in your first picture?

Anyway, I've probably refined a couple thousand platinum dusts at most in the game so far, and I've got 27 chromium grains. Now that I think about it, though, I don't know how many of those came from daily writ rewards. I refined a stack tonight and got another one, so 0.5% certain could be right. 1 in 200.

Doesn't bother me too much. Jewelry crafting is such a farce that I'm just waiting to build up to 40 of them, and then I'll craft the 403-voucher writ I got, so I can get the achievement for that and probably never worry about crafting high level jewelry ever again.

I think it's "Inventory Insight" that adds that part to it
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points