The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Potion Cooldown + Clever Alchemist

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey All,

So i never got around to playing with Potion Cooldown, when the jewelry traits dropped, but am considering it now, as it has popped up as an option for me to fix access to permanent major expedition (Skooma Smuggler + 2 x Potion Cooldown).

But i am sure alot of you played around with Alchemist and the Potion Cooldowns. What are your experiences? Did it perform better on some classes, or did you fint it synergize well with anything in particular?

Edited by raasdal on January 21, 2019 12:11PM
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3x potion cool down glyphs with infused jewelry gives you something like 70% uptime on clever alchemist. Use on an Argonian for the sustain lulz.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lose potentially 600 weapon/spell dmg and 3k magicka/stamina but a build with clever alchemist + smugglers + argonian with 3 infused reduce pot cost jewlery could be pretty awesome but also really expensive.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You lose potentially 600 weapon/spell dmg and 3k magicka/stamina but a build with clever alchemist + smugglers + argonian with 3 infused reduce pot cost jewlery could be pretty awesome but also really expensive.

lel
    tri-pots are the only worthy potion in my view
    they're forced because linked CD (STUPID)
    imagine chugging those on a tank, that'd be silly
    imo pots should last 1/3 the duration and have 1/3 the effect and also have 1/3 the cooldown (also remove/reduce linkage from pots with dissimilar effect)
    potting requires rhythm, something direly missing from ESO

also yeas that could be pretty crippling in scenarios where the target has sustain/tankiness, unless you're trying to be super fast and not very damaging in which case may I recommend Coward's Gear
    Edited by heavier on January 22, 2019 8:33AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You lose potentially 600 weapon/spell dmg and 3k magicka/stamina but a build with clever alchemist + smugglers + argonian with 3 infused reduce pot cooldown jewlery could be pretty awesome but also really expensive.

So I tried this exact build. Clever alch front bar 2h, sprig and jewelry/body, masters dual wield back bar, 2 PC bloodspawn w/3 infused reduced cost on an Argonian stam nb. I alternated lingering health/vitality/speed pots (the expensive ones) and tri pots, consuming one potion then the other on cooldown constantly as long as I was in combat. I ran the lava foot food to maximize my stam pool and regen, since I didn't need the health between argonian passives, clever alch health lines, and a tri stat glyph.

This combo is more or less the best possible way to play a build like that, and not only is it expensive to play, but it just isnt worth it. You lose so much on your max resources, and although you keep a reasonable WD with the clever uptime and you get multiple buffs from the potions, it doesn't actually feel like you're gaining an advantage over a standard 3 robust WD glyph style build. While it was fun to play in battlegrounds, it isnt something I'd reccomend getting used to. You're better off running a standard build.
    Edited by React on January 23, 2019 5:27PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Liam12548 I tried it out as well on argonian magDK and came to a similar conclusion. Expensive as hell for the potions, lower max stats, but decent sustain and decent damage. But not really any more effective than a less expensive build to run.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • jaklang
    jaklang
    It is 2022 now, i put three of these glyphs on 3 jewelries without infused traits and they don't work. It doesn't reduce the potion cooldown.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaklang wrote: »
    It is 2022 now, i put three of these glyphs on 3 jewelries without infused traits and they don't work. It doesn't reduce the potion cooldown.

Maybe you are using the other ones by a mistake?
    There are potion cooldown and there also are potion duration glyphs that extend the effects.