Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My first house.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I came onto PC knowing I already loved the game from Xbox. I just wanted to get better performance so I moved on from console.

I decided to treat myself to a hamper of crowns to get me started. Nice mount, pet, few costumes, and finally, decorating my first home.

What do you think?

7uFcLqH.png
naTNtSe.png
rZnX30M.png

In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense someone who is already hooked! Looking forward to your next homes :)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I do love this game a lot. I particularly like the small houses. First I'll get all the apartments, and decorate those. It'll be a slow process. I think I'll be getting 5500 crowns once a month, as I can budget that fairly reasonably into my life.

I'm a fan of understated looks. I like making houses that you'd be forgiven for thinking were for NPCs, not players.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on January 20, 2019 9:27PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it reminds me of my first home... except that it doesn't, because my furniture style mix was a bit weirder, I was using the first blueprints and achievement stuff I got my hands on to put all that in a room^^

Yours a neat room, and if your goal was to keep it in wooden breton style, you have reached it. ^^

Yet the room as it is, looks... common, I think. There is nothing - yet - that would distinguish it from any other inn room.
    So I guess if you play longer on PC, find an learn blueprints or if you will be able to buy achievement furniture or the occational goodie from the luxury trader, your home will develop into something special, that gives it its own identity. For example hints what the profession or the hobby of the owner is, or knick-knacks from travelling and so on.

So, your first room is a solid start into the world of housing - and now: get ready for lift-of ^^
    PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say it reminds me of my first home... except that it doesn't, because my furniture style mix was a bit weirder, I was using the first blueprints and achievement stuff I got my hands on to put all that in a room^^

Yours a neat room, and if your goal was to keep it in wooden breton style, you have reached it. ^^

Yet the room as it is, looks... common, I think. There is nothing - yet - that would distinguish it from any other inn room.
    So I guess if you play longer on PC, find an learn blueprints or if you will be able to buy achievement furniture or the occational goodie from the luxury trader, your home will develop into something special, that gives it its own identity. For example hints what the profession or the hobby of the owner is, or knick-knacks from travelling and so on.

So, your first room is a solid start into the world of housing - and now: get ready for lift-of ^^

I'm glad you see it as common, as that's exactly the finish I was after.

I'm not a fan of the more outlandish looks in the game, though that's a personal preference, naturally.

I like making my houses look like a classic example of the racial design that the building itself embodies.

So if it's a Breton building, I will furnish it with Breton items. Argonian, will get Argonian items, etc.

It's not just houses that I do this.

In pretty much all games, I prefer the aesthetic offered by "low level" items. My characters in ESO will all be wearing outfits based solely on their associated racial style.

It even extends to my mounts. No magical steeds for me. I'm a simple traveller. Give me a horse, or a guar. And just a regular guar.

What can I say? I like the simple aesthetic. :smile:

• Athenenoctua
    Athenenoctua
    Soul Shriven
    Your home reminds me of playing Skyrim, and I love the idea of simple aesthetic.

I have bought a tiny home to start with, the Black Vine Villa, and have been spending time landscaping the small garden. The interior of the house is fairly simple, but it's amazing what you can do with well-placed lighting and appropriate furnishings. Now I think I ought to take some screenshots and post those.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've started on my second room.

It's quite a challenge this time, as it's the tiny inn room on Auridon.

So far it's looking good.There's just enough room to fit a High Elf bed, single, and some furniture.

I suspect this home will utilise the walls more. Taking a break for now. Hopefully I can give pictures in a week or so.
  • GeekChef
    GeekChef
    Soul Shriven
    It looks great. I have recently started playing, I'm on PS4. I have rooms in Vivec and Alinor, last week bought Captain Margeaux's Place. I haven't furnished any of them because I want to be able to make my furnishings (at least most of them). Looking forward to seeing your next home.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GeekChef wrote: »
    It looks great. I have recently started playing, I'm on PS4. I have rooms in Vivec and Alinor, last week bought Captain Margeaux's Place. I haven't furnished any of them because I want to be able to make my furnishings (at least most of them). Looking forward to seeing your next home.

I'm very much looking forward to getting the Captain's house.

Breton architecture is by far my favourite of all the racial styles, with Imperial design a close second.

Honestly a big reason I got the Imperial upgrade was just so I can get the Imperial house!
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    Love it, extra points for the cute as heck doggo :smiley:
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smart mirror placement!
    The light it reflects really makes the room for me.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love it, extra points for the cute as heck doggo :smiley:

I had that same doggo on Xbox. He was literally the first thing I got with my crowns.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice. I agree with trying to keep things uncluttered.

I'm not sure how you are on gold but I bought apartments early on to use a free port locations so I didn't always have to find a wayshrine or spend 146 gold for an open world port. In fact other than adding storage chests most are still empty. As I got more gold I did the same with somewhat larger houses but those I am slowly decorating. Like you I try to stay to the style of the dwelling but I add other styles as accents and items picked up as rewards from questing as mementos. After all we are suppose to be world travelers and who can say no to a gift shop?