The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Indrick Mounts. Will they perpetually be available year-after-year? Has ZOS said?

GLP323b14_ESO
GLP323b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how much effort and distress I need to put in to trying to get all these event tickets, feathers, berries, etc... if I were inclined to want every evolution as well as the basic in my mount collection.

Should I feel so pressured to get all these as they are briefly available, or will these mounts and these tickets/feathers/berries continue to be available year-after-year so that if I don't get everything this year, I can get them in subsequent years.

PC/NA @GP323
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also curious :smile:
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe next year will have the same feathers but different berries for different indriks.
  • mreisse
    mreisse
    ✭✭✭
    I would plan for this year only. Considering my own experience to date, I can get 4 feathers AND the 4 quarterly berries per quarter. But I'm not going to go excessively out of my way to manage it. Remember that there are plans to sell tickets in the crown store by end of Q1 so you can read into that what you think *koff Z0$ koff*
    Edited by mreisse on January 20, 2019 6:55AM
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mreisse wrote: »
    I would plan for this year only. Considering my own experience to date, I can get 4 feathers AND the 4 quarterly berries per quarter. But I'm not going to go excessively out of my way to manage it. Remember that there are plans to sell tickets in the crown store by end of Q1 so you can read into that what you think *koff Z0$ koff*

Well perhaps ZOS could weigh in on this question.

Will the Indrik mount and its evolutions be something we can work on from one year to the next? Or is this a limited time thing.

I just want to know how stressed out I should be trying to get all the tickets, feathers, nascent mounts, and berries. Ha!

PC/NA @GP323
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    After you gave them feathers, berries, mudcrab gems, azuras tears, hobbit beans and ash tokens they will transform into a player home.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well perhaps ZOS could weigh in on this question.

Will the Indrik mount and its evolutions be something we can work on from one year to the next? Or is this a limited time thing.

I just want to know how stressed out I should be trying to get all the tickets, feathers, nascent mounts, and berries. Ha!

Yeah agree, at this point I am just stocking up because I was told berries will only be available each quarter. So Q2 you won't be able to get the dawnwood berries. I wish they would make it like the feathers so once a berry was available it would always be available at the event ticket merchant.

Really I wish they just launched all the berries at the same time. Would of been really cool after Q1 to see different indriks running around.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Considering that ZoS have only announced 4 evolution types for Indrik mounts, and it's unlikely that there would be a zillion different indrik mounts "out there", I'm 100% certain that there will NOT be more Indriks next year.

That said, if the event ticket model appears to be successful (from ZoS' viewpoint, i.e. bringing in more ongoing players and revenue without too many headaches and costs), we will very likely see more events with tickets in 2020 too - but with new items that can be purchased. It might be another type of mount (perhaps related to the Elsweyr content instead?) or pets, or a house .... who knows?
    Keep in mind that TES 6 is going to come out eventually, and ZoS is going to be very concerned about how this will affect their player base.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming it will be an ongoing thing that will span several years, but I haven't seen official confirmation of this.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As stated in the article on the subject, Indrik evolution berries are restrcted by their Quarter. Dawnwood Berries will not be available after Q1. Same for the other three evolutions.

Indrik feathers will be available at least through 2019, as stated in the article, but we have no info on if the feathers will be available after this year.

There are already new items up for event tickets on the PTS as part of testing for the Jester Festival
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question related to this -
    If I haven't gotten any indrik feathers now do I still have time to try and get one? Or should I not?
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I haven't gotten any indrik feathers now do I still have time to try and get one? Or should I not?

@JayAstrophel
    Yes, based on the availability of tickets in previous events (typically about 20-ish per event, or 80-ish per quarter), you have many more chances to get the required four different indrik feathers for a mount.

The more important immediate question, if you don't have any feathers or berries at all, is whether you want to have a Dawnwood indrik or not. If you absolutely want a Dawnwood Indrik, then buy one of each dawnwood berry this quarter (do NOT buy any duplicates), then use spare event tickets to buy all four different feathers (ok to get duplicates).
    If you don't care which indrik type you want, get the feathers first so that you can at least get the base indrik, and work on getting spare feathers so that you can have a few evolved versions in later quarters.

Once you have all four different feathers, "use" them and you will get a base un-evolved Indrik mount. Once you have all four different berries and "use" them, your mount will evolve into the Dawnwood Indrik.

Based on last year's events, if we can expect maybe 80 tickets (ish) per quarter, that is enough to buy all four feathers AND the four necessary dawnwood berries to evolve the mount each quarter, IF you are really diligent about getting the max possible tickets (i.e. playing every day during events). For normal humans who occasionally have family events or holiday absences, you might need to make a choice as to WHICH sets of berries you want to accumulate, and won't have enough to get ALL the different indrik variations.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I heard, the Indriks are only for this year and next year will have something new. Something like that was said in an ESO live stream, but it's totally possible that there are some asterisks attached to that. Perhaps the feathers disappear first and then the berries later or something.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really into anything other than the nascent indrik I already have. Yeah... I bought the first Dawnwood berry.... but that was before I saw the pets....

The nascent indrik is perfect with my wild child bosmer warden, just the way it is. But man I WANT THOSE PETS.... all of them how ever many there are. Those are the absolute EPITOME of excess-of-cute....

And I want them all. WAY more than an evolved indrik mount....
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I'm not really into anything other than the nascent indrik I already have. Yeah... I bought the first Dawnwood berry.... but that was before I saw the pets....

The nascent indrik is perfect with my wild child bosmer warden, just the way it is. But man I WANT THOSE PETS.... all of them how ever many there are. Those are the absolute EPITOME of excess-of-cute....

And I want them all. WAY more than an evolved indrik mount....

What pets are you talking about?
    PC/NA @GP323
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind...same answer as been given before...

However I’m looking forward to New items being offered
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on January 24, 2019 4:16PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread (attempting to) explaining this?
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What pet? Please, screenshots?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    What pet? Please, screenshots?

On the PTS right now, there is a Springtide (I think that's the name) Indrik pet available to purchase for 10 event tickets. Or, at least it should be. I've read comments from people testing the Jester's Festival that the Impresario isn't actually around to peruse her wares.

Presumably, then, there will be a matching Indrik pet available each quarter to go with the mount. So, another 10 tickets per quarter are needed if you want all mounts and pets. Also, you can purchase Cadwell's weapon outfit style pages from the Impresario (but these can also be obtained in the new Jester's boxes - similar to the Dremora plunder skulls).

Last year, the Jester's Festival was only 5 days. Unless they increase it to 10 days, we'll only be able to obtain 10 total tickets during the Jester's Festival (2 per day for 5 days).

When they first announced Event Tickets were coming to the CS, I thought it would mostly just be a catch-up mechanic or a way to pick up a couple tickets if you came up short due to real life. But, with additional stuff being available for purchase, it's looking more like a cash grab, as it's doubtful we'll be able to obtain enough tickets to get everything. In which case we'll either have to fork over real cash or just do without certain things.

ETA: I don't think ZOS will confirm whether Indriks are this year only. It sounds like it from some of the things they've posted already. That berries for each evolution will only be available during their specific quarter and that feathers can be purchased throughout the year (I don't recall if they said through December 31 or not). But, I'm sure they'll want to leave it vague so that players will burn themselves out on the events and buy extra tickets for all the extra stuff they'll put up for sale on the Impresario.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 24, 2019 4:53PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    From what I heard, the Indriks are only for this year and next year will have something new. Something like that was said in an ESO live stream, but it's totally possible that there are some asterisks attached to that. Perhaps the feathers disappear first and then the berries later or something.
    Its some chance its removed and we get say the indrik pets instead.
    Its also possible that it stays so you can buy both. In that case its probably rotated.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing that Indrik will be 2019 only. If they just recycled everything in 2020, it would give 2019 players little to no reason to participate in Events. Goal of Events is to get players online and playing the game. So while this is just a hunch and not confirmed, I think it will be something else in 2020 to entice all players, new and old, to participate in Events.

Indriks are associated with Summerset, which is most recent Chapter at this time. In January 2020, Elsweyr will be most recent Chapter. I would not be surprised if 2020 Event rewards are therefore Khajiit or Dragon themed.

Also, if they keep Indrik feathers and Indrik berries around forever, it could also discourage Event participation. Players might say, "Meh. I don't need those event tickets right now. I can always get what I want next month or next quarter or next year." ZOS do not want that. They are giving us a decent cushion that provides more event tickets than needed, but they still want some sense of urgency where people will be afraid of missing out on stuff if they do not consistently participate in Events.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@JayAstrophel
    Yes, based on the availability of tickets in previous events (typically about 20-ish per event, or 80-ish per quarter), you have many more chances to get the required four different indrik feathers for a mount.

The more important immediate question, if you don't have any feathers or berries at all, is whether you want to have a Dawnwood indrik or not. If you absolutely want a Dawnwood Indrik, then buy one of each dawnwood berry this quarter (do NOT buy any duplicates), then use spare event tickets to buy all four different feathers (ok to get duplicates).
    If you don't care which indrik type you want, get the feathers first so that you can at least get the base indrik, and work on getting spare feathers so that you can have a few evolved versions in later quarters.

Once you have all four different feathers, "use" them and you will get a base un-evolved Indrik mount. Once you have all four different berries and "use" them, your mount will evolve into the Dawnwood Indrik.

Based on last year's events, if we can expect maybe 80 tickets (ish) per quarter, that is enough to buy all four feathers AND the four necessary dawnwood berries to evolve the mount each quarter, IF you are really diligent about getting the max possible tickets (i.e. playing every day during events). For normal humans who occasionally have family events or holiday absences, you might need to make a choice as to WHICH sets of berries you want to accumulate, and won't have enough to get ALL the different indrik variations.

80 per quarter? That would need 40 event days no? How many events are there?!

20 per event, 80 per quarter - there are not 4 events per quarter...
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@JayAstrophel

80 per quarter? That would need 40 event days no? How many events are there?!

20 per event, 80 per quarter - there are not 4 events per quarter...

As stated in the article, which you should read for the full explanation, yes there are 4 events per quarter
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are the feathers and berries a one year only thing? Because so far I read some posts on here that make it really confusing now.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect ZOS deliberately haven't told us if they'll be available after 2019 because part of the reason for introducing the ticket/feather/berry system is to get players to participate in more events, especially ones with content they normally avoid. That wouldn't work nearly as well if we knew they'd be around forever and we could take our time getting them.

Take me for example. I normally kill a few extra bosses during the Witches' Festival before deciding it's not worth the hassle, skip things like the Clockwork City event because double rewards is useless if it takes twice as long to get because you're competing with everyone else to get the quests done, do New Life dailies until I've done every quest once or twice and it becomes repetitive (so 2 days if I have time to do each quest on the first day) and ignore the Undaunted and PvP events entirely because it's not content which interests me.

If I knew the indriks were a permanent addition there's a good chance I'd do the exact same things I always do and just gradually work towards the ones I want. This way...well, I've still been doing the bare minimum to get tickets and then going on to something else because the events themselves still aren't interesting (and often conflict with events in other games which do include special content) but I've at least participated in each event which I guess looks good for ZOS...if they ignore the fact that I haven't been into a dungeon since the Undaunted event ended and won't be back in PvP until I want skyshards (technically I still haven't played PvP at all, I've been in the map but the nearest I've come to PvP is letting someone kill me because it's quicker than running back to a keep).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet screenies:

DOG62pP.jpg

sscAfTH.jpg