The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latest Racial Changes & Imperial Battlemages

Goratesque
Goratesque
✭✭✭✭
So everyone already know who Abnur Tharn is, he is an Imperial Battlemage as well as his descendant, Jagar Tharn. Tharn family is one of the most popular and noble Imperial family from Nibenay region of Cyrodiil and most of Imperial Chancellors chosen from this family which they are mostly Imperial battlemages. Now in 2E, Imperial City and most probably Cyrodiil should be under control of Imperials from Cult of Molag Bal led by Clivia Tharn. So we can assume that Necromancy is a big deal for those corrupted Imperials and the Worms of Mannimarco, the King of Worms. Enough of this boring base game lore, now you have all the background knowledge you need for what I'm going to say.

214274787.jpg

It has been almost 5 years since ESO has launched. You know the lore and you also know where this discussion is going to. Thanks to upcoming Elsweyr chapter, now the Khajiit are going to be highlighted by ZOS and they are planning to make this race hybrid, which is okay to me lore-wise. Necromancy is also fits to Dunmers lore-wise as well as their combat skills so they are going to be second-in-line race highlighted for upcoming chapter. But not the Imperials, and what in Oblivion is that:
Imperial
  • Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain → No changes
  • Tough: 12% Max Health → Increases your Max Health by 2000.
  • Conditioning: 10% Max Stamina → Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
  • Red Diamond: 10% Chance on Melee Attack to heal for 6% of Max Health → When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750. Reduces the cost of your Block and Bash abilities by 5%.
Developer Comment
Stout and hardy by nature, the Imperial race is one of order in battle and culture. They stand strong and unified, regardless of what hardships face them. This is highlighted with their powerful bonuses to constitution, and ability to push back when under pressure.

Main reason for me to post this discussion is Imperial Battlemages obviously, but in fact I have two suggestions:

1- Magicka for Imperials
We already know Imperials are capable of anything in combat --yet there are other races which is better for certain areas-- which, of course, makes sense since this is the only purchasable race in the game. So why the racial skills of Imperial race doesn't support any magicka and spell based passives? Couldn't you just make this happen like Khajiit and Dunmers?

2- Branches for Racial Passives
When ZOS first mentioned about racial balance changes, and when they repeat that in the latest stream, I thought something more is coming. Something like morphing skills or skill lines under the racial line, that we will able to choose whether tanky or healer or DD way as our racial passives. I imagined there will be those three major branches (same as group roles) for all races and we will be able to choose one branch for our racial passives which separately made for each race.That would be more balanced and diverse. But of course I'm not the Lead Combat Designer or anything. Brian Wheeler is now and I also congratulate him.

But again, no chance for Imperial Battlemages and Necromancers? Come on ZOS you can do better for a race which players pays to unlock.
My Guilds:
PC/EU - EP | Skyrim Lejyonu | GM
PC/EU - DC | Black Horse Courier | GM
PC/EU - EP | Siyah Atlı Kurye | GM
PC/EU - DC | Imperial Trading Company
PC/EU - EP | Unlimited Undaunted
My Characters:
Daggerfall Covenant
[^]Master Arctus | DD - Magicka Nightblade (Breton, Battlemage of the Empire)
Khaled al-Bergama | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Redguard, Forebear)
Brother Marcel | Healer - Magicka Templar (Breton, Monk)
Lucius Detritus | Tank - Health Necromancer (Imperial, Colovian)
Sir Armand Dubois | Tank - Health Templar (Breton, Knight)
Akhenatosh | DD - Stamina Templar (Imperial, Nibenese)
Shrek Xl | Tank - Health Arcanist (Orc, Swamp Ogre)
Selena Tharn | DD - Magicka Necromancer (Breton, Vampire)

Ebonheart Pact
Goras Dagoth | DD - Magicka Dragonknight (Dunmer, Sixth House)
Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal | Tank - Health Warden (Nord, Undead Kamal)
Never-Gives-Up | Tank - Health Nightblade (Argonian, Shadowscale)
Uruk gro-Mauloch | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Mountain Orc of Skyrim)
Freydis Iron-Shield | Tank - Health Sorcerer (Nord, Champion)
*Kelvedkaal | DD - Stamina Arcanist (Nord, Dragon Priest)

Aldmeri Dominion
Robin of Valenwood | DD - Stamina Nightblade (Imperial, Strident)
Tihullu | Healer - Stamina Warden (Bosmer, Druid)
*Rilis Xll of Firsthold | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Altmer, Lich High Kinlord)
Dark Kinlord Sauron | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Dunmer, Xivkyn Dreadguard)
Prince Taka | DD - Hybrid Templar (Khajiit, Two-Moons Warrior Priest)

[^]This is my Main character overall.
*This is my Primary character in that Alliance.
My Primary Residence: Strident Springs Demesne (Arenthia, Reaper's March)
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main an Imperial magicka DK so I am biased. I am happy with the changes to red diamond but I would love it they added 750 Max Magicka to Imperial Mettle.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault