Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Start location Elsweyr

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
Once again I want to take time to try and protect new players (and new characters). Don't worry I am talking for myself also. Every other updates I start fresh.

If in Elsweyr we see the "return" of Abnur Tharn (among others) then it stand to reason that we have to have gone through the original main storyline.

SO PLEASE HAVE IT AS A CHOICE TO START THE GAME WHERE WE WERE STARTING IT ON 4 RAINS' HAND 2e582 … or April 4, 2014.... that way we can meet Abnur Tharn correctly in his full "unglory" !

PLEASE
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ... you want to be able to start Elsweyr ... elsewhere?

*bows out the door*
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ... you want to be able to start Elsweyr ... elsewhere?

*bows out the door*

Give that man a cookie!
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, we really should be able to have a choice of where we want to start out our characters.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Agreed, we really should be able to have a choice of where we want to start out our characters.

This is true. However, the OP's post was.... really hard to parse. Not sure if s/he was meaning only if you had been a player since the game landed, or what....
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Way of doing it right now is to skip the tutorial then wayshrine back to either Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall or Davon's Watch. We keep the extra skill but I would still prefer to start where I want...
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't skip the tutorial your first time, though, and if OP meant it the way I'm interpreting it, it would be a bit confusing for new players to meet Abnur Tharn and then meet him again in the main quest. I don't like the fact that you can't pick which introduction you do, either.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think this needs to be pushed more by the community. The choice to force new players to start at the Chapter has been heavily criticized since its inception. And most definitely flies in the face of changes to One Tamriel as it forces the player to enter the game engaging in content they might not want to jump into immediately.

I have a friend that recently started the game and was forced to jump in to Summerset, the ending to the last story arc, and will now need to circle around to Vvardenfell and Clockwork City to get a understanding of the rest of that story.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell is also an important character in this story apparently. Raz will have a quest line as well.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 20, 2019 2:44AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to start out in a cabin full of Khajiit, you're going to walk out with empty pockets.
  • JadedJade
    JadedJade
    Soul Shriven
    Please ZOS, let us chooooose...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're going to start out in a cabin full of Khajiit, you're going to walk out with empty pockets.
    ..and a furball!!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    ..and a furball!!

....and cat hair everywhere!

S'okay - I love me my Khajiit! At least they don't need litter boxes....
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The most amazing fluffy experience of your life ensues...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they might one day release this option but I think its the coding it in part that is holding them up. Point is this needs to be an option. To start from the very beginning not from the latest chapter dlc. Having the option to choose plus being able to play
    the chapter storyline from their tutorial quest which would be a normal quest for those that didn't start with that starting point. Just how they do it for the coldhabour original start now. This I feel would be the best option here.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2019 2:22AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.