The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Race Change Only From Crown Store - Will ESO Become Pay to Win Now?

RoamingRiverElk
RoamingRiverElk
✭✭✭✭✭
Many players have more than one character whose race they will now want to change because of the race changes implemented by ZoS, affecting their character's performance in the game. Since it is practically not viable to level many characters all over again (never mind the Achievement Points) just to avoid purchasing the race change token from the Crown Store and players will only be provided one race change token per account...

Is ESO now becoming Pay to Win?
Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would ESO be P2W if they introduced class change tokens as well? :innocent:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Race change token can be gifted. Current conversion ratio is +-300g per crown. So just start saving gold, you don't have to spend a single euro.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 19, 2019 9:00PM
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change token can be gifted. Current conversion ratio is +-300g per crown. So just start saving gold, you don't have to spend a single euro.

xD 900 000 gold per character...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all. I could race change my Altmer mag sorc to a nord and still parse better than everyone else in a dungeon solely due to my gear, CP, and experience even though an Altmer would hit harder playing the way I play. I only like playing one character so even though an Altmer is not bis for tanking it doesn't stop me from frost staff tanking relatively easy content. Min/maxing is one thing, but the difference won't prevent you from "winning."
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardly pay to win and race change has been there for years and existed when the last racial balance happened.

Curious to know how you feel you’d need to re-level/race change all your characters as well.

There’s also nothing in the information released to suggest that any race has been totally trashed to the point where race change is necessary and not just a choice to make the absolute max DPS possible.

Dark elf took a magicka hit and hopefully gets a tweak but looks to be one of the stronger Stam set ups.

Argonian got a nerf but was really OP so was expected but leaves them still in a good place. Every other class got look to be either in the same place or slightly better.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is not p2w in the slightest. It even went further away from p2w via crown gifting system which allows you to buy almost everything without spending a single penny.

I'm not a total fan of how ZOS is handling monetizing in this game but it has nothing to do with being p2w, of that i'm sure.
    PC|EU
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it any different from current situation? I don't get it.
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're able to CREATE a NEW character. You do not have to race change at all. So to answer your question: No, it's not pay to win.
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Not at all. I could race change my Altmer mag sorc to a nord and still parse better than everyone else in a dungeon solely due to my gear, CP, and experience even though an Altmer would hit harder playing the way I play. I only like playing one character so even though an Altmer is not bis for tanking it doesn't stop me from frost staff tanking relatively easy content. Min/maxing is one thing, but the difference won't prevent you from "winning."

True, but it will be a problem for PvP characters, and for playing with the high(est) tier Trials groups where your participation is judged by DPS in a highly competitive environment (and for tanks there tends to be a meta that you cannot deviate from if you want to participate. For healers I see the coming race changes as less of a problem).
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aluneth wrote: »
    You're able to CREATE a NEW character. You do not have to race change at all. So to answer your question: No, it's not pay to win.

Is it reasonable for ZoS to force a player to delete an existing character in order to be able to make a new character in order to avoid paying for a race change token, or an additional character slot? Or forcing a player to delete one character anyway because they already have the maximum amount of slots used?
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    hardly pay to win and race change has been there for years and existed when the last racial balance happened.

Curious to know how you feel you’d need to re-level/race change all your characters as well.

There’s also nothing in the information released to suggest that any race has been totally trashed to the point where race change is necessary and not just a choice to make the absolute max DPS possible.

Dark elf took a magicka hit and hopefully gets a tweak but looks to be one of the stronger Stam set ups.

Argonian got a nerf but was really OP so was expected but leaves them still in a good place. Every other class got look to be either in the same place or slightly better.

For example, Dunmer PvP and PvE magicka DKs are going to suffer a lot with this change - but Dunmer has been a great race for mag dk since the beginning... until now. I'm not opposed to changing the racial passives to some extent (although mag dk will need to be buffed accordingly), but only offering one race change token and charging so much for the tokens is ridiculous. ZoS has offered nearly free skill point changes (payable by ingame gold) when they've made major changes to class skills. This is no different from that.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. eso is a pay-to-lose game.

My advise would be to wait till q3/4 before sacrificing your looks and your money on the altair of the holy meta as i wouldnt be surprised if they keep turning the racials upside down multiple times over the course of the year.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but it will be a problem for PvP characters, and for playing with the high(est) tier Trials groups where your participation is judged by DPS in a highly competitive environment (and for tanks there tends to be a meta that you cannot deviate from if you want to participate. For healers I see the coming race changes as less of a problem).

Tanks are literally the least metastrict one of all roles in any worthwhile group. Might change now with the Nord ultimate buff. I can see groups specifically wanting that.
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »

In a way, it's not. But this time the race changes are larger than the previous time the races were changed. One could of course formulate the question also as, "Has ESO become a Pay to Win game?". It's a continuum for sure, but this time a lot of people will want to change the races of a number of their characters, and ZoS is only offering one token.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are getting out of hand and the topics become more absurd over time.

No, it's not pay to win if you can purchase an "account service" just through the store. And no, if you cannot race change you are not losing anything.

A race change being considered p2w, lol.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭

In a way, it's not. But this time the race changes are larger than the previous time the races were changed. One could of course formulate the question also as, "Has ESO become a Pay to Win game?". It's a continuum for sure, but this time a lot of people will want to change the races of a number of their characters, and ZoS is only offering one token.

These changes are not game breaking no matter how much drama they seem to stir on this forum. You do not win by changing race.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭

no every one has free char slots you know? (and deleting a mule with 200 bank hurts)
    Edited by Jurand80 on January 19, 2019 9:32PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If people want to that’s a choice they make none of the changes ZoS are making force it. Nothing proposed smacks of a class being destroyed and the whole min/max argument is weak IMO. No one is turning down an OP DD, tank healer because of a race choice.

Obviously race has some impact but that’s more for DDs than support classes. As long as your not building a radguard magicka Templar it shouldnt matter massively. The difference between The magicka races and stamina races is going to be pretty negligible that you a race choice isn’t a necessity but a choice.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like they finally found a way to monetize the min/maxer playstyle. We PVEers have housing and costume purchases to supply a revenue flow - you guys have been getting off light. Now meta-morphing will have whales too!

Sorry: I forgot the gamble box revenue stream that comes from mount and pet collectors.
    Edited by EphemeraCrawford on January 19, 2019 9:37PM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it may not quite be P2W yet, it's certainly now pay-to-keep-up-with-meta.

Wasn't the last big round of changes the sustain nerfs that came with Morrowind's release? They must have done quite well (at selling those Race Change Tokens) for us to be going through it again. The irony is, the more people willing to purchase Race Change Tokens now, the sooner we'll see the next set of big stat changes to our characters.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many players have more than one character whose race they will now want to change because of the race changes implemented by ZoS, affecting their character's performance in the game. Since it is practically not viable to level many characters all over again (never mind the Achievement Points) just to avoid purchasing the race change token from the Crown Store and players will only be provided one race change token per account...

Is ESO now becoming Pay to Win?

No. While the meta might change, the overall race changes are not enough. My expectation is that most players won't even use the one free race token that they have said we would get.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make it stop please :s
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For PvP, I'm sure that player skill will still trump character race, however much a defeated PvPer would like to argue that the defeat was purely down to the various race and other nerfs visited upon his character.

Unlike PvP albeit in previous games, I've never done raids or trials, so I can't speak for them but I do wonder how critical one set of racial passives is against another set of racial passives, given all the other variables in terms of skills etc including again the players' own skills. I've seen it suggested by a good many experienced players here that the significance of racial passives is generally over-stated.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

For PvP, I'm sure that player skill will still trump character race, however much a defeated PvPer would like to argue that the defeat was purely down to the various race and other nerfs visited upon his character.

Unlike PvP albeit in previous games, I've never done raids or trials, so I can't speak for them but I do wonder how critical one set of racial passives is against another set of racial passives, given all the other variables in terms of skills etc including again the players' own skills. I've seen it suggested by a good many experienced players here that the significance of racial passives is generally over-stated.

The magicka races are mostly closer to each other now than they will be with these changes. Racial passives have also become more important over ESO's livetime due to the addition of more and more efficient options to gain stats that work better than sub optimal racial passives, making only the ones truly fitting for one's build competitive. Currently, it doesn't matter too much which race you pick as long as it's somewhat fitting, but a Redguard mag Sorc would be at a massive disadvantage compared to an Altmer one.
    The first NB I made is a Bosmer. At the time, it was good for either magicka or stamina. Now it's pretty damn bad for magicka, and next patch it's going to lose the little it still had going for it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭

Is it reasonable for ZoS to force a player to delete an existing character in order to be able to make a new character in order to avoid paying for a race change token, or an additional character slot? Or forcing a player to delete one character anyway because they already have the maximum amount of slots used?

Yes.
    Deacon Grim
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »

Yes.

I doubt anyone could honestly answer yes to that question unless they happened to be lucky enough to for their race/class combos to have made it through these changes unscathed.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

For example, Dunmer PvP and PvE magicka DKs are going to suffer a lot with this change - but Dunmer has been a great race for mag dk since the beginning... until now. I'm not opposed to changing the racial passives to some extent (although mag dk will need to be buffed accordingly), but only offering one race change token and charging so much for the tokens is ridiculous. ZoS has offered nearly free skill point changes (payable by ingame gold) when they've made major changes to class skills. This is no different from that.

Dunmer has been strongest mag DD PVE in general for a while now and is strong in PVP due to its mix of both mag and Stam so a nerf was probably expected.

I’m wanting to try on PTS before jumping to conclusions on what’s too much of a nerf. For me dunmer isn’t going to be too far off for magicka, with it missing a resource management benefit I’d like to have seen it get the same 2k max magicka but keep the same Stam amount since Stam have a lower stat pool anyway.

That means you get a similar stat benefit as Altmer for mag PVE which is crucial for light attack damage etc, helps a little bit with sustain and still get the damage buff. The extra Stam is nice for PvP and PVE with trials where need either blocking, break free etc. Side by side altmer probably stronger but hardly significant enough to not play the race anymore.

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Race change should also be available from doing writs to buy a token imo. Or available for gold.