The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about a class change instead?

j.greenmanb16_ESO
j.greenmanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Title kinda says it all.

I would prefer a single class change over a race change. Loads of folks have been wanting class changes for a while, myself included, as I do have a toon with every class, but I spend 80%+ of my time on one specific character, who I have been wanting to play as other classes for some time. It is a much simpler change in my opinion, (excluding thoughts of mechanics or stats, skills, etc), just simply because, speaking for myself personally, I am more attached to my character than their class. All my characters names are lore friendly, so a simple race change is not going to sit well with me, or many many more people because than we would either have to live unsatisfied with a incorrect and immersion breaking name, or fork over the money for a name change. For a lot of people who have been sticking to one main toon for a long time, they are attached to that character, and people also know/recognize them for that very same character.

If this is going to happen, ZOS should be at the very least be giving over a race and name change, not just the former.
"You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree that the race change should include name. It'll be funny to see imperials and nords with argonian names.

Zos won't do a class change token at least until after elsweyr and necromancer release if ever so they can sell those extra slot on top of the free one to folks who want both mag and Stam necros and are already capped on slots.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be giving the Dunmer changes a chance before I change anything, but as somebody that only wants 1 character for every race, to change a race means I would need to change 2 races. My Kitteh Stamblade and Dunmer mDK will swap. They would also need to swap their names given they both have lore friendly names. So I'd need 2 race change and 2 name change tokens to restore my character list.

Alternatively, if class change was a thing. I'd simply shelve my Dunmer mDK until the chapter release and use the class change token to turn him into a StamNecro. Which would be much cleaner on my end.

ZOS has proven that they can do it. Refund the skill points in a tree, remove the tree, replace the tree. That is precisely what they are doing with the racial passive changes. No reason why they cannot do the exact same thing for the 3 class trees.
    Edited by richo262 on January 19, 2019 8:07AM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In real life I can train, for example, to be a fireman and then later re-train to be a cook (class) but can not change from Norwegian to Austrian (race).
    Why is it so accepted in the game that you can change race but not job?
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be absolutely awesome and would really pacify me. I love my main, have already a lot of achievements on this char and feel atm like i need to pay for a balance issue that i am not responsible for. It would be horrible for me to give this char kind of face lifting with another race. It wouldnt be my main anymore. With my other 3 Dunmer its kinda ok, i can see them as fun chars, its not cool, but i can live with it. But my main.. !!

Also i dont see the reason why people who have been loyal customers since quite a time should be "punished" while new players are able to create their main like they want. This makes no sense for me.
    Edited by mxxo on January 19, 2019 8:59AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly they already said they have no plans to make class changes happen, a) because that would require new technology in their system they don't currently have and b) they don't want to.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.