The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I think we need to listen to M'aiq more often

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see wyrvens. :p

I love what M'iaq says. So true. Or is that a lie? LOL.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye ;D

"Redguards fear the undead, but why? The gnawing upon the flesh? The stench of death? Hmm. Perhaps M'aiq understands."
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

"Wyverns".
  • SomeDogsAreCops
    SomeDogsAreCops
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »

"Wyverns".

Dragons are quadrupeds and none of the dragons in Skyrim or this upcoming expansion have 4 legs so yes they are Wyverns.
    Ebonheart Pact 4L
    Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
    810 CP
    Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
    I also play
    Healplar
    Tankden
    MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SomeDogsAreCops Dragons are fantasy creatures and nobody has ever seen them, so who gets the authority to decide what is a dragon and what isn't? The four-leggedness isn't as important as fire-breathing flying reptile in my opinion. Besides if Dwarves can be Elves and tall in the Elder Scrolls, then "Wyverns" are Dragons.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni could call them one-eyed-potatoes if they want. In this particular fantasy world, they happen to be called dragons.

You can call them whatever you want as well. You'd be wrong, but you can do it.

From now on, I will call them scaly sky fish. Try to tell me I can't.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly that quote for M'aiq is great, but it would be so much better if he said "they must be hiding...elsewhere".

Secondly:
    ZNypSGL.jpg
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @SomeDogsAreCops Dragons are fantasy creatures and nobody has ever seen them, so who gets the authority to decide what is a dragon and what isn't? The four-leggedness isn't as important as fire-breathing flying reptile in my opinion. Besides if Dwarves can be Elves and tall in the Elder Scrolls, then "Wyverns" are Dragons.

HERP DERP HERP I STUDIED THE DRAGONS IN BIOLOGY SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT HERP DERP HERP I HAVE A DEGREE FYI.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M'aiq is always in search of calipers, yet finds none. Where could they have gone?
    PS | EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe there is such a thing as a Wyvern in the Elder Scrolls. Why these things keep being brought up as if they exist at all in the lore is odd to me.

The Elder Scrolls is not a part of Dungeons and Dragons etc

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SomeDogsAreCops
    SomeDogsAreCops
    ✭✭✭

Well for one all the ancient stories where dragons first made appearances were all 4 legged flying reptiles that breathe fire. Also the fact that the term "Wyvern" is specifically for two-legged dragons. So yes Elder Scrolls has Wyverns.

JaZ2091 wrote: »

HERP DERP HERP I STUDIED THE DRAGONS IN BIOLOGY SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT HERP DERP HERP I HAVE A DEGREE FYI.

Yikes
    Ebonheart Pact 4L
    Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
    810 CP
    Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
    I also play
    Healplar
    Tankden
    MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yikes

This is the reaction of everyone reading a post that mentions Wyverns.
    PS5 EU.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes

This is the reaction of everyone reading a post that mentions Wyverns.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry. I thought with the smiley face people would see I was kidding. I just read that and it was what I would have replied to M'iaq just like how he says of some of his replies. I thought it was fitting, but I see I have erred.

Sorry original poster if I have derailed your thread that wasn't my intent at all.

I just love the stuff he comes up with. I always wondered if he gave out clues to what would be upcoming, and it seemed he did, at least once. Will be paying more attention to him next time I see him. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭
    No he's a liar.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Firstly that quote for M'aiq is great, but it would be so much better if he said "they must be hiding...elsewhere".

***, they should patch this in
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Wyverns".

Dragons are quadrupeds and none of the dragons in Skyrim or this upcoming expansion have 4 legs so yes they are Wyverns.

Well, I kind of think the person you quoted was calling out Davor on misspelling the word wyverns.... so.... your post is - certainly not really relevant.

Dragons are in the eyes of the beholders. What ZOS chooses to call "dragon" is all we need to worry about, not how many appendages said beastie may have.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Wyverns".

Wyvern dont exist in tes universe
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And then we have Peryite's chosen form.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wy·vern
    /ˈwīvərn/Submit
    noun HERALDRY
    a winged two-legged dragon with a barbed tail.

Still irrelevant though.. this isn't Earth mythology, its a fantasy universe where the creators get to call it whatever the hell they want to call it.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on January 19, 2019 5:18AM
    love is love
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Wyverns".

What do you think about TES dwarves then?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked the Uesp, I can confirm that there is literally no such thing as a Wyvern in the lore of Elder Scrolls. (And I need not point out the theorem of Multi-verse Theory.)

Whoever thought that there was Wyverns in ESO clearly has lived a “Very. Sheltered. Life.” (Or just a downright D&D geek in the metaphorical opinion.)

Fun fact (for laughs): There’s dragons, then there are Flying scaly rats with wings.
    Edited by Skullstachio on January 19, 2019 5:51AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Wyvern vs dragon debate is pointless imo. In ingame lore Wyvern is never used only dragon. On top of that of you actually research the dragon vs wyvern thing you'll find that the term dragon is far older than wyvern and it in history referred to all kinds of beasts. Some with 2, 4, none or even 6 legs. also not all of them had wings. Nor did they all breath fire or had scales.

What they did have in common was their use as scare tactic in the margins of texts. And considering those text are from a time not every or even most people could read... They are also found on maps to indicate the unknown alongside their sibling the sea serpent.

The term Wyvern was coined as a way to categorise the different forms of dragons in the text they were found in. The chimera btw is also from that batch of dragons.

In conclusion, the term dragon is kind of like the word cat. you can mean the common house cat and the 4 legged winged fire breathing scaly monster with it. but remember we call lions, tigers, panthers and such cat too. Does that mean they suddenly stopped being what they are? No!

In conclusion the creatures in skyrim and now ESO, are both Dragons AND wyverns. You lot can stop arguing now.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

"Wyverns".

Can you tell us when you saw this dragon and please point us to the studies that have been done on them as well? I would love to learn more from it. Also which zoo has dragons? Wouldn't mind checking them out :smile:

It would be awesome if everything M'iaq has said turns out to be true at some point.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see some of you trapped in semantics trying to argue about dragons versus wyverns. It feels like some of you are mixing up the terms and terminology, so may I begin my argument by drawing an analogy to the real world?

"I don't see birds, I see penguins" Now, penguins are specialized form of birds, but they are birds anyways - just like wyverns are specialized form of dragons, but they are dragons anyways. Both words, birds and penguins, can be used when talking about penguins, but in some cases it is better to use the word penguin. (like if you're surprised to see penguins flying free in Dublin, it would not be surprising to see birds flying in Dublin, right?)

We all can agree that wyverns are two-legged dragons, right? So, wyverns are dragons. (all wyverns are dragons, but not all dragons are wyverns) Is it essential to the storytelling or setting to use the word wyvern or can we use the more generalized word dragon? I think there is nothing requiring us to use wyvern as the describing word, and that word dragon is sufficient for our needs when we're talking about them in the setting of Elsweyr/TES universe, and thus, itis correct to use both words and so it is not wrong to call them dragons.

--end of offtopic section of my comment--

Well, I think we should not believe everything M'Aiq says. Yes, he can state some facts and tell some hints about the future, but some of his lines may never come true. If there are some other hints, then by all means, speculate about the things M'Aiq says. "an immobile clock is right twice a day"
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's perfect hiding :D

https://youtu.be/QSfaHMm1s9A
    Edited by Thorvarg on January 19, 2019 10:35AM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well for one all the ancient stories where dragons first made appearances were all 4 legged flying reptiles that breathe fire.
    That is wrong.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Secondly:
    ZNypSGL.jpg

Brilliant!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

"Wyverns".

Well, I kind of think the person you quoted was calling out Davor on misspelling the word wyverns.... so.... your post is - certainly not really relevant.

Thank you so much for being the first and apparently only one in this thread to realize that. :'
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ... we all know dragons are actually just really big cats.
    Jo'Khaljor