The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would be best to make Hybrid Builds with the goal of increasing Diversity?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Apologies for formatting, on mobile.

I did a poll a few days ago, asking if making hybrid builds more viable would increase diversity, or simply make a new meta that renders other builds obsolete. The hybrid builds I was referring to (to avoid any confusion whatsoever) are ones that use skills that scale off of both magicka and stamina with the intent of those abilities being as effective as possible.

The results of that poll were as follows:

* It would increase diversity by giving players more options - 52%

* It would only create a new meta and render other builds obsolete - 17%

* It has the potential to increase diversity, but only if it's done right - 29%

Over 80% of people who answered the poll believe that Hybrid builds at least have the potential to increase diversity without rendering other builds obsolete, so I'd like to take things a step further.

Assuming that hybrid builds were to be made more viable, what would be the best way of doing it?

I'll list a couple of ideas I've seen tossed around below, and I'll include an "Other" option so people can add their own. Just go with whatever choice you feel has the best chance of doing it successfully with as few drawbacks as possible.

No matter your choice, I'd very much appreciate it if you could expand on your answer in the comments. Perhaps the option you chose would have drawbacks on its own, but you have an idea of how to deal with them? Or you'd like to provide reasoning as to why you chose the option you did? The more detail the better.
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on January 18, 2019 9:08PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver

How would be best to make Hybrid Builds with the goal of increasing Diversity? 13 votes

Changes to the way damage/healing scales off of Max Resource Pools
38%
Iruil_ESOBergisMacBrideAkgurdBeyakSoundles1990 5 votes
Changes to (or additonal sets like) Pelinal's Aptitude
38%
GlassHalfFullEdziuThalmor-NordmasterRedKialandiArtim_X 5 votes
Other
23%
El_BorrachoMartiniDanielsStarlock 3 votes
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I repeat it all the time - unify penetration and crit chance similar to pelinal - i.e highest value is used both for stamina and magicka abilities. Without proper penetration and crit chance you'll never do adequate damage.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Crit chance impact on damage:
    30% crit with 80% crit damage on hybrid = + 24% to damage in your tooltip
    75% crit with 80% crit damage = + 60% to damage in your tooltip

Penetration - usual penetration for magicka build is like 9k (meta now is thief mundus instead of lover).
    Reasonable from CP you may get something like 3k stamina penetration. Difference is 6k which is 6000/500 = 12% damage loss.

Add obviously lower resource pool.. probably it will end up on something like 25k for all resources with 3-stat food, shacklebreaker and pelinal. It's hard to calculate exact value, but everybody knows that difference between 25k and 40k is whopping, let's say it's 20%.

And now all of this will multiply:
    50K nuker base dps * (1-0.35) * (1-0.12) * (1-0.2) = 22k. So best animation canceler in the world will squezze maximum 25k from the hybrid, and for common player it will be something like 10-15k, which is so-so even for normal dlc dungeons.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Don't have a clue. Not being cheeky, nor am I trying to rehash your previous poll, but I can't see a way that they could make hybrids viable (especially in end-game PVE) to the point they could compete with the current min-max builds. And I fear the only way they could would essentially turn ESO into Skyrim, where you can run a Nord 2H DK that spews fire and ice.

Its going to sound counter-intuitive, but sometimes diversity ruins all builds as it throws balance out the window. I mean, if I could run a stamblade that can also effectively heal the group, why run a healer? Suddenly, you have a super-meta. Or, for the PVP world, a super-gank build.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Hybrids are already fine for the vast majority of the game. The game is both playable and enjoyable with them. What would increase “build diversity” are changes in player expectations more than anything else. That, of course, is about as unreasonable of an expectation as “class balance” though...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for formatting, on mobile.

I did a poll a few days ago, asking if making hybrid builds more viable would increase diversity, or simply make a new meta that renders other builds obsolete. The hybrid builds I was referring to (to avoid any confusion whatsoever) are ones that use skills that scale off of both magicka and stamina with the intent of those abilities being as effective as possible.

The results of that poll were as follows:

* It would increase diversity by giving players more options - 52%

* It would only create a new meta and render other builds obsolete - 17%

* It has the potential to increase diversity, but only if it's done right - 29%

Over 80% of people who answered the poll believe that Hybrid builds at least have the potential to increase diversity without rendering other builds obsolete, so I'd like to take things a step further.

Assuming that hybrid builds were to be made more viable, what would be the best way of doing it?

I'll list a couple of ideas I've seen tossed around below, and I'll include an "Other" option so people can add their own. Just go with whatever choice you feel has the best chance of doing it successfully with as few drawbacks as possible.

No matter your choice, I'd very much appreciate it if you could expand on your answer in the comments. Perhaps the option you chose would have drawbacks on its own, but you have an idea of how to deal with them? Or you'd like to provide reasoning as to why you chose the option you did? The more detail the better.

Is this the poll that 17 people replied to, or have you done another one somewhere?