The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Package to buy - New Player with existing account

vsFirefox
vsFirefox
Soul Shriven
I originally pre-ordered the Digital Imperial Edition, that came with Imperial mount clothing etc... BUT i never played the game (still have 30 days of time listed in my account summary).
I am now looking at the game and decided I wanna jump in for the first time finally.... Also note, I play causally, so wont power level thru everything & also not concerned that I'm spending extra $$ if I'm buying again.... with that in mind, here's my delima:

I want to pre-order the Elsweyr game (probably thru Steam, just cause) for the free stuff (pretty mount) and old DLC's which I don't have.... But I'm not sure if it contains my Imperial goodies I have in the Imperial Edition (Not thru steam)... I see no mention of Imperial anywhere in the pre-order, so I'm guessing they're not included.... So would I be making a huge mistake by giving up on my Imperial freebies and starting over with the Elsweyr pre-purchase? Or is there a way to combine the 2 game pkg's on steam that I'm unaware of?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, if your current game is not saddled with Steam, for the love of Akatosh, don't get the game through Steam. It does nothing for the game, at all. You can't even see your achievements in Steam. However, what it will do is bork your login about every other update or patch and you won't be able to access the game for days. So just don't go the Steam Route. You will hate your life, well, this game, if you do.

Edited by Nestor on January 18, 2019 5:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and you will be starting over with non imperial stuff if go Steam for Elswyr.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vsFirefox
    vsFirefox
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ok, if your current game is not saddled with Steam, for the love of Akatosh, don't get the game through Steam. It does nothing for the game, at all. You can't even see your achievements in Steam. However, what it will do is bork your login about every other update or patch and you won't be able to access the game for days. So just don't go the Steam Route. You will hate your life, well, this game, if you do.

I was unaware of this issue, so I thank you for the heads up... I've never had this issue on other games, so I'm confused as to how this one 'borks my login' as that shouldn't change with the patches.... odd, I'll look into this further before committing to Steam or not, than you.
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    Steam has big issues with patches and updates sometimes the updates will hang up at around 17% and stay that way. Forum search steam is “trash” should bring up the relevant content
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoretically if you have a standalone game key, you can add it on steam, you then get the game added to both your steam account and get a new standalone ESO account, and the game will work like with steam purchases made pre-2016, allowing you to log in both via steam and by manually launching eso64.exe . You can also pre-order the new chapter and then apply the old key for the same effect, and still get all the imperial stuff unlocked.

Though I haven't tested it, I just read about this fix for people with steam login issues (I myself have a pre-2016 account, so I don't have any issues), and the responses in that thread were positive, so it should work.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it on steam, I’d recommend not using steam though...trust me 😩
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    Eso+ will give you the dlcs for not much each month so you don't have to invest heavily until you know you want to continue. This will not give you Morrowind, Summerset or Elsweyr; as they are expansions however will allow access to hundreds of hours of content.

If you then like the game you can get the "upgrade" of each expansion.
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]