The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar's Repentance skill with Necromancers

janimoikka
Repentance - Restoring Light
Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for 2702 Health and restoring 2702 Stamina to you for each corpse in the area.
While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 10%.

---

I am by no means an experienced ESO or Templar player, but I guess Repentance has always been seen as a moderately situational skill? Depending on the Necromancer's (NM) skill lines and details, can we expect some unique mechanics with NM's "corpse generation" and Templar Repentance skill, and therefore a slight increase in the popularity of Templar tanks? On theory, it sounds very interesting and fun, for example in groups with a Templar tank and NM Stamina DPS.

I would also like to know, if a single corpse can only be consumed once, or can both Templars and NMs gain benefits on their own from "the same bunch" of generated corpses simultaenously?

Let's discuss!
Edited by janimoikka on January 18, 2019 1:32PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want necro's corpse-use skills to be effectively "blocked" by repentance, and have cast times attached >:)

REPENT THE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    I want necro's corpse-use skills to be effectively "blocked" by repentance, and have cast times attached >:)

This.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😏 Only a month...you say... nercomancers held strong for years.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW op corpses can be used by multiple players.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we know about Necromancer corpse generation? Can they be corpses of his temporal pets like old corpse Repentance combo with Chokethorn? Can party members use those corpses for synergy, can we feed bones to WW and support fellow necromancers? Can enemy use corpses what we dig up for friends?
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on January 20, 2019 4:49AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said in the stream we’ll share corpses. Two Templars can repent the same corpse so why not let the necro use it when we’re done? I know lore-wise it seems dumb to necro a cleansed corpse but gameplay-wise that’s how it’s going to have to be.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro sounds like the best of Templar’s and Sorcs jsut like Wardens are what DKs should have been.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem will be when there are no corpses, every fight will be uphill.how are you supposed to 1v1?
    Edited by Mojmir on January 24, 2019 2:02PM
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Sharing is caring and always recycle :)