The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bloody Double Mara stats

richo262
richo262
✭✭✭✭✭
Bloody Double Mara could be improved in one of two very simple ways

1) Make the stat bonus identical to Bi-stat food, or;
2) Make it have no stat bonus at all, and not interfere with existing food. Simply reduce Vamp by 1 stage.

As it stands, my use of Mara is to use it to lower my Vamp, then eat another Bi-Stat food for the extra stats. It seems wasteful, it should either be as good as Bi-Stat or should not interfere with existing food.

BDM would still have value as a simple Vamp stage reducer even if it had no stat effect, but it probably wouldn't be gold standard. If it gave me Bi-Stat bonus and removed a Vamp effect, then it is worth keeping as gold standard.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's the big deal about the recipe being gold standard? There are a ton of golden recipes that suck.
    Get me right, I don't disagree with you, since I'm using DBM for exactly the purpose you described: lowering my vamp stage. Removing the stat buffs and separating the effect from existing buffs would be nice. But to be honest, I don't really care whether or not I have to eat another burger afterwards.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assure you, the issue raised is not game breaking, it is just a pet peeve I've had that could be simply addressed.

I don't care what color recipe it is really, I'm simply saying it doesn't attract any 'wow' value a gold recipe should how it is.

It would just be 10 fold more convenient to not have to eat a burger afterward, or have the same effect as said burger.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they’re at it, they should look at Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye since the primary effect granted by it (tells you what water type the fishing spot is located in) got added to the base game UI with one of the last updates.

*The “keen eye” glowing effect often doesn’t even reach the water’s surface on deeper water and even when it does is only really visible during in-game night times. During the day, fishing holes stand out enough on their own where the effect isn’t needed.

I was mildly shocked to see HFR still part of the loot pool for the New Life Festival without having the effect reworked.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a max stat drink that you can use with Bright Throats Boast... not completely useless
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is saying it is useless, just that to get the best result is operates in an inconvenient manner.

As for its value with Bright Throat, I wouldn't build a character around it, given to get its value you would need to constantly use BDM every two hours essentially making you a Stage 1 Vamp in no time and that is practically no vamp at all.

This isn't so much as issue with the core, or unique function of the provision but that the player needs to double up. It would be much more functional if as a vamp, BDM just functioned as a quick blood fix to reduce stage and does not interfere with any stat bonus.

"Instantly reduces vampirism by one stage - Can be used on top of existing provision effect" - It is QOL more than anything, acting in the same fashion as how an ambrosia can be used without interfering with existing provision effects.

As it presently stands, Vamps that use Witchmother are effected the most, as they certainly need to reapply the provision after BDM. Vamps that use Bi-Stat are effected by a few 100 stats, it is trivial. Still those that want to squeeze the most out of their food will still use a Bi-Stat after a BDM.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 8:26PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    It’s a max stat drink that you can use with Bright Throats Boast... not completely useless

It's an option. Lose regen over WMB but its an option.

I get what you mean tho about it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders